Spread Betting Companies

est84

Hey

Can anyone recommend a good spread betting company? I have looked at all the major ones, and have all their brochures, but i thought i would ask the advice of people who actually use them, rather than rely on their sales jargon!

Thanks

Hi.

You will probably find that Capital Spreads has the majority vote on this forum.
I would have to agree as i have used most of the SB's around.

Faris..

Faris can I ask why you prefer Capital Spreads ? rather than the main players. The reason I ask is like est84 I am new to spread betting, any any advice is greatly received.

BB

if nothing else, the girls who man (?) the phones at capitalspreads have lovely voices.

does it for me anyway lol :)

ahem

I definitely do recommend CMC (D4F). They have the best spreads which is the most important factor of all (currently just 2 points on the FTSE and 5 points on the Dow) and supply an excellent trading platform.

Racer,

Why would you not use CMC deal for free.

I thought that they were one of the best to use because of their very tight spreads !

Can you enlighten me

Regards

BB

Hi,

The only company I have used for real trading is Finspreads. Although I don't pay much attention to prices (probably should though) I liked the fact I could do everything online.

Trading virtually now on TradIndex I really don't like the fact that I would have to phone to move my stop above the entry point. My question is:

Do Capital Spreads allow you to adjust the stop-loss above the execution price (to lock in profit) over the web or do they make you phone up?

Basically, I am looking to move brokers as I cannot access Finspreads' site at work due to Java blocking. I can access Capital Spreads though and would just like someone to clear this up for me if poss.

Thanks

CMC are a pain in the 'arris.

their trading platform freezes/kicks you out from time to time.

endless re-quotes on prices when trading over £15-20 a point

try withdrawing funds from your account (took over a week)

useless customer service

plus, the girls dont sound as nice.

ahem

with regard to capitalspreads - yes you can move a stop online to lock in profit. the only drawback i have found with CS is that you cannot place orders too close to the current price, and also if you scale into a position, it allocates a stop to each part of the position. so trailing a stop can be a time consuming affair..

other than that. great service. highly recommended.

FC

I thought that they were one of the best to use because of their very tight spreads !

They maybe the ... sorry I cannot bring myself to use that word and refer to d4f at the same time...

Yes the spreads may appear to be narrow.. when you first strart trading with them everything will be okay, but if you start to make money or not be the sort of trader they like they will start delaying quotes, widening the spread etc etc. Customer service is appalling. If you look at other threads on T2W or other bulletin boards you will see that they aren't the most popular of spreadbet companies and successful traders go on to other brokers/spreadbet companies instead

Thanks for that Mr FetteredChinos (if that is your real name).

Think I will give Capital Spreads a try in time to see how they do, I'll keep the Finspreads account open as well just in case

FetteredChinos said:
yes it is. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Ben.

FC

Your parents must have had a considerable sense of humour when they named you !

Or are you Italian.

Regards

bracke

you implying the italians have no sense of humour? :)

hmm, francesco totti. ok, point proven....you're right lol...

FetteredChinos said:
you implying the italians have no sense of humour? :)

hmm, francesco totti. ok, point proven....you're right lol...

I was thinking that your name may have been derived from Fettucine and that if you parents were Italian they may have Anglized it so that it would not appear too odd.

Regards

bracke

i dont think my parents would be too concerned about me appearing "odd".

one of my middle names is "seymour" for god's sake!! :)

FetteredChinos said:
i dont think my parents would be too concerned about me appearing "odd".

one of my middle names is "seymour" for god's sake!! :)

Well Seymour, do you.

I think that you may well come to regret giving us that piece or personal information as it will undoubtedly be held against you. I can hear the laughing from here.

Regards

bracke, and no, you do not get any of my names.

No laughing from here ..cough ...gazing up at my liar of the year award which honour I am now looking to retain this year...

Retrospective insight..should I really get involved in anything to do with names with a signature like CHUMP.. lol

Last edited: