Spread betting and execution?

WL13

Hi... Can anyone help. Would like to find out whether any particular spreadbetting company out there offers execution based on real market real-time price as opposed to being executed via spread-price (so pretty much whenever broker feels like it). I am looking for a platform that will execute your price only when it has traded that price in real market.

Which products are you looking at trading. Futuresbetting seems like it might be right for you, but it depends on what you're trading.

Also depends what size you're trading - £1 a point won't be of much interest, but for larger clients, a lot of SBs will do this for you on the phone.

Hi ns1000

Looking to trade bunds, US treasuries and a couple of indices (Dax, Dow, Hang Seng), a good selection of instruments. Would like to find a platform that executes a price only when real market gets there. Played about with IG but did not like the way they executed and also stopped you out when real market got no way near the price they stop you out at.

Heard that CMC may be what I am looking for, they offer the markets I want but I need to find out how they execute - any idea?

If you didn't like IG, I doubt you'll like CMC. Frankly, their rep sucks. IMO I'm afraid that what you're after doesn't exist. I could go through technical reasons why, but on indices, you won't find anyone who'll fill you at screen price. In decent size, you should be able to leave orders on the bonds - but in small size, I think you'll be stuck online. No doubt the usual suspects will tell you that Capital Spreads will give you x, or Worldspreads will do y, but reading through the threads, you'll see that everyone is pretty much of a muchness. IG, City and CMC are, in my opinion, the best but each will have its detractors. Sorry I can't be more positive.

Kool

Cheers for that - think I might give CMC a go...
Was wondering, why do some spread betting companies go into LOTS and amount traded per month (i.e.- trips/roundtrips)? Is that not solely reserved for prop arcades with direct feeds to exchange? How can companies offer LOTS to people to trade with via spreadbetting? Does that not contradict spreadbetting's value/point you put on as LOTS have a contract value (i.e. bund = 10euros) - how does that work?
I checked futuresbetting out and this absolutely baffled me - help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,
Which spread betting platform has s&p500 cash and futures at one account?

Hi mate
All platforms pretty much offer cash, rolling cash and futures...

Hi... Can anyone help. Would like to find out whether any particular spreadbetting company out there offers execution based on real market real-time price as opposed to being executed via spread-price (so pretty much whenever broker feels like it). I am looking for a platform that will execute your price only when it has traded that price in real market.

i have been using Futuresbetting.com They offer DMA on actual market prices, instant fills and no re quotes. They have fixed spreads which they advertise. They dont make you a price the market does.

In that case, you want to be trading CFDs and not spread betting.

Choose a provider that will give you Direct Market Access too!