South Africans

traderlin

Hi there,

I would love to make contact with other South African traders.

Please contact me.

Linda

Hi Linda

I am Safa trader. Hoe gaan dit met jou? :cool:

Brendan

traderlin said:
Hi there,

Please contact me.

Linda

Hey Brendan,

Nice to hear from you.

Where do you live? It's so lekker making contacts with SA traders.

I have been sim trading the ES and Russell for about 1y 8mths, just starting to go live now. Very happy with the system I am using. Would like to start trading Euro FX.

How's your trading going?

Regards,

Linda

HI traderlin

I am dual UK/SA, ex-Durban (Umdloti), now living near Brighton UK, trading mainly YM, GBP, EUR futures. Still miss the old place.......

Roger

saiyan said:
I'm from Durban, SA. Great timezone for trading spot forex.

Hi Saiyan

Lovely to hear from you. I
I have been simming for the past 1y 8mths, finally happy with the system I am using and will go live in new year. Very interested in trading the EuroFX, but currently trading the Russell. Day trading.

If you have any tips for me (still a novice, wanting to learn as much as possible) would be great, and I am willing to share the system I am using if you are interested.

Regard,

Linda

Howzit traderlin, Rog1111, saiyan and Wagefree

Originally from CT (Proooooooooooooooooooooovince! :cheesy: ) and living in Surrey. I am transferring over onto FX, index and commodity futures from trading SB's and CFD's.

Good luck traderlin

Brgds

FIM

....agreed, perfect for the European session, perfect weather too <sigh>

rog1111

saiyan said:
I'm from Durban, SA. Great timezone for trading spot forex.

Hey Traderlin drop me a line at faure1 @ gmail . com and I'll be glad to help a fellow Saffa.

traderlin said:
Hi there,

Please contact me.

Linda
Hi linda

Is Windhoek close enough?
I trade GBP/USD spot. Starting to show some profits after 2 years.

mikemike said:
Hi linda

Is Windhoek close enough?
I trade GBP/USD spot. Starting to show some profits after 2 years.

Hi there Mike,

Lovely to hear from you.

I am trading the Russel emini. I have been simming for about 20 months. Got a very small account, so have been very cautious. My first account was wiped out, mainly due to electronic problems. But sorted that out now.

I have found a system that I am happy with and am perfecting it. Will be going live probably next week.

Are you a system trader? What time of the day do you trade?

Regards,

Linda

traderlin said:
Hi there Mike,

Lovely to hear from you.

I am trading the Russel emini. I have been simming for about 20 months. Got a very small account, so have been very cautious. My first account was wiped out, mainly due to electronic problems. But sorted that out now.

I have found a system that I am happy with and am perfecting it. Will be going live probably next week.

Are you a system trader? What time of the day do you trade?

Regards,

Linda

As I mentioned, after two years, I am profitable. I started from scratch, learnt through trial and error. I use only technical analysis, and I trade the European and US sessions.

I've been wiped out on demo accounts numerous times - cant even count anymore. It was a big change to go live the first time. What I've discovered is, that you do not need a big account to start with. You only need to stick to your strategy no matter what. Things stay same when you trade live. It is just your emotions that goes haywire when you initially start to trade with your own money.

Once your emotions are under control things become a whole lot easier. Brett Steenbarger's website helped me a lot.

Try this link:
http://www.brettsteenbarger.com

Good luck, and never give up - success will come, just keep on knocking.

Hello people I'm from Cape Town and trade spot forex euro and cable. good to see some fellow traders. i mix long and short term trades as the need arise on my systems. dont really post a lot -enjoy yourselves. mikemike i spent quite a few years in swakopmund my father worked at the rossing mine - beautifull country! did over 8000 km's in 2003 there - showed my wife what its like. we liked it so much we called our first child after it!

TradeBoet said:
Hello people I'm from Cape Town and trade spot forex euro and cable. good to see some fellow traders. i mix long and short term trades as the need arise on my systems. dont really post a lot -enjoy yourselves. mikemike i spent quite a few years in swakopmund my father worked at the rossing mine - beautifull country! did over 8000 km's in 2003 there - showed my wife what its like. we liked it so much we called our first child after it!

Interesting. Do you trade full time?

I am a fixed income trader at a local broker. I trade cable for my own account - more or less two years now. I am starting to get it right more then I get it wrong now. There is still a long way to go, but at least my account is in the green.

Hi all

Tradeboet, did you call your child Swakopmund or Namibia? Just checking.... :LOL:

Seems alot of the Saffa's and ex-pats are trading Forex. Wonder why that is? Just curious.

Take care

FIM

lol Hi,

i think its just perception that many saffas and expats trade forex - there's 45 million south africans and i know max 10 that trade or have traded forex. also we were in isolation for many years so it might seem like everyone is now grabbing the opportunity to try it.

i have learnt one lesson - NEVER SPECULATE let the market do what it will, just follow it. as soon as i speculate about the market i start to get ideas of where the market should and shouldn't go and then i find myself not following the system.

so the answer is: I dont know.

I have a rule to give myself a day off on the first friday of each month-dont trade NFP. today there is almost no wind at bloubergstrand so i will take the wife and kid and have a few beers on the beach in about an hour and a half! need to get lunch over at the office before i can leave.