Some of my trades, forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave........ I'm over here....... It's the AUD/USD I'm talking about.
I don't look for .8850 to be hit by the EUR/GBP anytime in the near future.

I can't even respond to that because i don't trade the EG or have a EUR_GBP chart. But I do agree with you that the correction is not over yet. I think today there are a lot of technical traders that got fooled into thinking the correction was over. I have looked at all of the charts that I do trade and although today was steep, I can't label 1 single chart as being an impulse down from an Elliott Wave perspective. Check out my EUR_AUD analysis. I think that might be the most productive trade for the next several days.

Re: Gbp/jpy

The bottom of the daily cloud at 131.57 looks ideal for a monster reversal.

Look at my last JPY post. The USD_JPY looks like it is making the first impulse wave up I have seen in a year.........It's still not for sure yet, but it should be within the next several hours or so. Anyway, if that is the case then the implications are huge.

I forgot to comment on something. 1.4208 looks like concrete for the next several weeks. Over the next 1 1/2 months, it looks like we are in a channel that will range from 1.4208--1.4738.

I can't even respond to that because i don't trade the EG or have a EUR_GBP chart. But I do agree with you that the correction is not over yet. I think today there are a lot of technical traders that got fooled into thinking the correction was over. I have looked at all of the charts that I do trade and although today was steep, I can't label 1 single chart as being an impulse down from an Elliott Wave perspective. Check out my EUR_AUD analysis. I think that might be the most productive trade for the next several days.

Dave........ I'm over here....... It's the AUD/USD I'm talking about.
I don't look for .8850 to be hit by the EUR/GBP anytime in the near future.

When you said around the .80 level I was thrown because you know I know nothing about the EUR_GBP. I think the Aussie will go to around the .9150 level and then collapse. I actually think that it has finished it's down move even though the Dow finished down today. Usually they are very closely correlated, but I think they will have some divergence tonight.

GBP/JPY and GBP/CAD trades

I'm not sure if I posted it, and I'm getting ready to take off for the evening, but I went short the GBP/CAD at 1.6196. I also just entered short the GBP/JPY at 132.85

1,57 still in the cards for cable ya think? About that chart you posted, in my mt4 the Tenkan sen is red, is yours different? Bear in mind I am quite new to Ichimoku and the rest...

Last edited:
Re: GBP/JPY and GBP/CAD trades

I closed GBP/JPY at 132.57 for +28 pips. I was hoping for a strong break DOWN today but did not get it.
I netered too early on GBP/CAD, and it took the scenic route on me. This is going to be a project. I'm looking for an eventual strong move to the downside.

I'm not sure if I posted it, and I'm getting ready to take off for the evening, but I went short the GBP/CAD at 1.6196. I also just entered short the GBP/JPY at 132.85

Not a problem. You g oto ask if you don't know. I changed my colors. I just preferred tenken being blue and the kijun being red.
I was surprised to see the move towards 1.5447 before it hits 1.57. Before I reenter, I am still waiting for it to hit 1.57. I know the pair is in a downtrend and any upside move is a correction of the downtrend, nevertheless, because of the needed correction the downside is close to exhasution at current levels, before we get the correction. It might need to hit the 1.5447 level just to get some elasticity in the bounce.

1,57 still in the cards for cable ya think? About that chart you posted, in my mt4 the Tenkan sen is red, is yours different? Bear in mind I am quite new to Ichimoku and the rest...

EUR/USD could now be poised for a strong move UP to finally get the correction over with. It is now camped at the top of the daily cloud, so my short position that I've had opened since the beginning of the month, I closed at 1.2688 for +389 pips.
The aussie is a bit of a different story. It just had a perfect bounce off the MS1 at .8838. Once this bounce is finished, then it will be on for another leg straight DOWN towards .8682.
The analysis for the aussie and the euro also fit in nicely for the EUR/AUD, which is a pair I am considering for positioning on a long. It migth challenge the cluster S event at 1.4211, as it prepares for a more powerful leg UP towards 1.4576--1.4865.
DEC, check your charts on that one.

Gbp/cad

If a picture tells a 1,000 words, then this should do it. This is the weekly. It is OB. The correction was caused from the daily being exhausted on the DOWN. Now, it is getting primed for that move to the TK, which is 1.5724, 1.5640, respectively. Do not pay attention to the numbers on the far right. I messed on them. Any rate, there's your picture of the GBP/CAD. It's going to be fun.

Attachments

• gbpcad weekly.jpg
    gbpcad weekly.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 125
Usd/chf

We did get the strong move I told you we would need back on top of 1.0358, and it appears we will get our weekly close above that mark.
Now for the ironic twist, and a change in my longer term view of this pair. Circa 1.0440 should now be containment. Our mark at 1.0358 is favored to be taken out, as we head closer to parity. For now, 1.0066 looks like containment, but does not mean that point will be hit. Once we get close, then the pair will be worth considering for a longer term UP. The big problem when it gets there is that it will face scads of R's as it makes it way back up. The weekly, however, will be even more OS, and it should contain the needed thrust to push through many of the obstacles on the way back UP. As far as the longer term projections are concerned, I will now have to wait to get to the bridge before I can cross it.
Still the move, further down should coincide with the impending corrections on the part of its big cousins, the euro and cable.

Last edited:
Usd/jpy

This pir still hs a ways to go on the downtrend, but it is not worth jumping on the back of. A look at the daily chart shows a downtrend, but it almost looks sideways, and we will seem to have more of the same. What is ideal is to get a strong move to the weekly tenken at 88.09. This what provide the impetus behind a stronger thrust to move the currency apir downward more quickly. One way or another, we should see a drop to circa 81.00

Re: Usd/jpy

:eek:Who prefers GBP/USD to EUR/USD for intraday trading, and why?

Hi 4xpipcounter, I was reading the other thread and got redirected here.

I admit I haven't read the other 81 pages on this thread :eek: but I have a quickie question re GBPUSD and you seem to be the man with a plan :cool:

I've noticed (and mainly profited ) from the fact that GBPUSD produces some good moves around the 4 hr points on the technical charts. It quite often extends (or reverses direction)for another 20 points just around the 4hr candle changeover.

Is there a good reason for this or am I just seeing what I want to see?

If I'm reading this right, I could cut my trading day to about 3 x 1/2 hour periods
= more golf :D

Any advice gratefully accepted ...

regards

Weekly Report--082210

The pairs highlighted in red present the best trading opportunities for this week.
I have this whole analysis saved on my Word program if you want a copy via e-mail.

EUR/USD: The bounce has begin off the top of the daily cloud at 1.2682, and the pump is primed for a move back to 1.2962.

USD/JPY: The pair is headed further DOWN, but is moving too slow to produce a viable trading position. What would be nice is to see a move UP to 87.37. At that point, get ready to pull the short trigger. We will get some action at that point.

GBP/USD: This pair can't be trusted. It finally had a comfortable finish under the 1.5584 mark, which means it should be headed to 1.5447. There is still a lot of pressure on the downside, even though I'm still looking for the corrective move to circa 1.5700.
The difference in the views of the euro and cable is the reason euro and its crosses looks like a more sure thing this week than cable.

USD/CHF: Look for 1.0440 to present a shorting opportunity. The pair is on a slippery slope. 1.0358 should be taken out convincingly this week. After the hopeful correction takes place, we will see a return to 1.0294 this week, and then 1.0231, and a possible shot at 1.0169.

EUR/CHF: This pair has me licking my chops. It is also showing that recent Swissy strength is about to be delegated. This pair is off the charts (figure of speech). Current level is 1.3156. Find a place to enter long. 1.3380 is minimum expectation. 1.3792 is the high end. 1.3586 is the center of gravity. Make the center your target, and you should be safe.

AUD/USD: This one is still hot! Current level to .8974 is containment. The pair has its eyes on .8682, and even .8581. There is also a possibility for a move to .8465, but watch out for those lower levels. A strong reversal is impending.

USD/CAD: I'm expecting a range on this pair between 1.0433—1.0724. If 1.0724, or close to it is hit, then a strong reversal ensues. The exception to said range would happen only at the beginning of the week. We just had a clean bounce off my MR2 at 1.0512, which could lead the pair to MR1 at 1.0395.

NZD/USD: .7090 is the MS1. That area should be containment. The pair is ready for its leg DOWN before a strong recovery. In essence, it will make a great short to .6917--.6833, but do not become too infatuated by it.

EUR/GBP:We need either a strong reversal, or this pair is headed to never-never land. Due to the outlook of some of the euro and cable crosses, I would favor a strong reversal. It is hard to see much of a further drop for this pair, provided the scenario is right. Look for move UP to .8297--.8351.

EUR/JPY: This leg of the DOWN is exhausted. 108.59 is the MS2, which should be containment. Current level and 112.92 is the broad range channel it should be trapped in this week.

GBP/JPY: There is no resemblance to its cousin, the EUR/JPY, but the DOWN is coming to an end . The recovery should take us to the MS1 at 133.67, and then back in the DOWN for the possible last leg to 131.52, and then 131.68. There is a possibility for the pair to hit 130.00. If it does, then look out! The UP will turn maniacal. Once the DOWN is finish, R's on the reversal are 132.52, 133.36, 134.20, and 135.04. The 2 in the middle will be the favored targets.

CHF/JPY: The pair ended the week running into cluster R around the 83.00 level. We should see a move further DOWN, but overall, there are no likely favorable trading scenarios.

GBP/CHF:1.6142 is the 4-hour tenken, which should make for a good short opportunity, for what should be the last leg of this DOWN towards 1.5963. The reversal, as of now, should take us to 1.6159—1.6553, with 1.6356 being a more ideal target.

EUR/AUD: The pullback at the end of Friday was perfect for this pair. 1.4211 is the MS1. I would look for that to be containment, possibly for the entire week. Look for a place to get in, as this pair is headed to 1.4690—1.5187 on the next leg UP.

EUR/CAD: Another test of the top of the daily cloud would be nice for this pair, which is 1.3211. The pair need to get around the TK combo at 1.3370 and 1.3418, respectively, and then 1.3674 is in its sights. I would look for a channel to be maintained between the the of the cloud, and 1.3845. If the latter is hit, then it is an explosive reversal.

AUD/CAD: The recent peak at .9458 could be taken out, but .9495 has blow out implications, but not confirmed yet. For now, things look boring for this pair.

AUD/JPY: A slight correction could be in store, but even current level could be ideal for a short. Caution is advised. There could be a sharp reversal on the horizon. A move to 75.33, and even 74.45. but don't trust it beyond the latter.

NZD/JPY: The DOWN is about exhausted. A mild correction could be imminent, but that could lead into a broad range mild channel. 58.10 is a possibility, but not worth trading

CAD/JPY: This pair ended the week by bouncing off the MS2 at 81.33. A retracement to the circa area of the daily tenken at 82.26 to start the week is probably forthcoming. A wide range but mild correction is around the corner, but before that happens, this leg of the DOWN looks solid for 80.82—80.03

AUD/NZD: I originally thought this pair had a chance at 1.1980, but now, no chance. For the time being, it will be stuck in a channel that will range from 1.2441—1.2786.

GBP/AUD:This pair does not have the obviations its cousin, the EUR/AUD has. The circa area of 1.7303 should be containment on the low end. It will be that circa area we get a bounce, and it could go to 1.7944. OTOH, watch for a sudden u-turn. If it hits 1.7944, or even close, don't think about it. It becomes an excellent short. I don't think that scenario will unfold, as there is nothing obvious about this pair, other than the not so obvious move to the latter mentioned point.

GBP/CAD:This pair is waiting to explode downward, but my timing was wrong on the entry for the short. There is potential for a move upwards to 1.6603. To begin the week it could be priming itself for a corrective pullback, which could mean a dip far enough for maybe a small loss on the pair. This pair may scratch and pull its way higher, but there is still too much of a gravitational pull downward to not expect fireworks once its back in the DOWN

GBP/NZD: Like its cousin, the EUR/NZD, this pair is strange looking, but more definitive. Strong momentum points UP. A strong bear blowout is still impending. Look for a move this week to 2.1688, and possibly 2.1429. It could even move to 2.1170, but don't trust it. The reversal back in the UP could be vicious. I am currently short this pair and will be content to take it out at 2.1688.

NZD/CAD: This pair looks boring for this week, but still will provide a trading opportunity. The MP is .7456. That should be a nice entry for a DOWN that should make it to .7301. Other than that, it looks like a channel with the high end at .7510 and the low end at .7263. Trading the high end looks favorable, if it is the stronger of the moves you are looking for. Also, this week may not provide a choice.

NZD/CHF: This pair has entered the consolidation zone. There are better choices to trade. This really looks like a sleeper.

AUD/CHF: A move back to the bottom of the daily cloud at .9256 would make for an ideal entry on a short for this pair. It still has a ticket to keep traveling south. .9071 is a solid target before any substantial recovery will take place. As I peer into the future, containment for any retracement is .9500, and the correction should fall far short of that.

CAD/CHF: Swissy has been the strong boy, which is why its crosses has had strong trends. This one is no exception. A bounce back to parity would be nice for the next strong move DOWN. I mild correction lies in the future, but not until .9673--.9458 is hit.

EUR/NZD: It's too late for me to say this pair has hit a brick wall at 1.8192 (1.8188, actual peak.). Momentum is slightly UP for the pair, but that could quickly. Also, this pair knows how to move. It is fast! I do favor a strong return to the UP this week, but too many “if's” still revolve around this pair to get too excited or an entry.

Gold: The bulls have relented the LT control of gold. The peak established 7 weeks ago at 1264.96 should stay in place for quite awhile. At least 1176.98 should be containment on the low end.

Hi PP! I hope I don't disappoint you in being the "man with the plan".
Plain and simple, cable has an average daily range of about 150 pips. That is the most of all the majors. This is also means there is a greater spread between daily S&R's, which would also extend into the weeklies, monthlies, and even yearlies. Once those levels are hit, more volatility happens because of the range.
There still are no secrets. Catch the dip and go long, or catch the peak and go short. That's how pips translates into real $$$'s, regardless of the pair in consideration.
Of all the majors, I prefer cable, because it moves faster, but don't count on me trading it next week. Read my WR, and you will know there are 8 pairs I'm choosing from for next week.
As far as golf is concerned, I shot a 96 and a 144 and retired. I'll stay with basketball, baseball, and running.

I admit I haven't read the other 81 pages on this thread :eek: but I have a quickie question re GBPUSD and you seem to be the man with a plan :cool:

I've noticed (and mainly profited ) from the fact that GBPUSD produces some good moves around the 4 hr points on the technical charts. It quite often extends (or reverses direction)for another 20 points just around the 4hr candle changeover.

If I'm reading this right, I could cut my trading day to about 3 x 1/2 hour periods

regards

Last edited:
Dave, it has also been a busy day in the forex world. I didn't post them here, but I went long the EUR/USD and the GBP/USD today and made some wonderful pips! I'm still waiting for 1.2963 to be hit by the euro to go short. I mighht even go short the next time it hits 1.2900. GBP/USD is similar at 1.5700.

What a good call, going short at 1.29 was impeccable!

I've been working with someone on my favorite software (hint hint), and its useage. DEC can verify that, as well as my 2 trades I got today.

I take my hat off, 4xpipcounter is proving to be a man of his word, and the accuracy of his tradings is very good.

Thank you for all the emails you sent me, I'm still reading them.

AUD/USD is ready for another leg DOWN. I'm looking for another entry at circa .8970.
GBP/CAD is ready to burn rubber south. Many wonderful opportunities. Just so little time.
It does look like the euro and cable will follow a continued volatile path until their daily kijuns have been hit.
I got my new office phone in. I'll give you a call later. EM or PM me if it is not convenient. I know you don't feel well.
I do have a busy night. My wife's dog is in heat, and we borrowed a friend's dog. We will return him later. It could be a long night. This lady can go a long time on one breath. In the mean time, the two dogs are having a wonderful time.

BTW, PP, we just had some more engaging conversation from the thread you made reference to.

regards

Hello 4xPips et-al, once again I congratulate on such an amazing thread. I am astounded that you are doing this for free! Following your insights I am at last making a few pips --- Maybe I can top up my meagre pension eh
Many Thanx and kind regards
David

David, Hearing others become the benefactor of what I do is part of the reason I do it. There is no need to charge, because I make my living trading. I'm glad you are benefitting, and I will strive to make this a top notch thread for everyone to read. Thanks!

BTW, I don't know if I mentioned it in another post, but I will try and do my Weekly Report on a weekly basis. This was something I used to do from 2005--2007.
If something wants the actual copy, let me know and I will send it to you.
I said I "don't know" because the thread is getting too deep, and I didn't want to look for it.

Hello 4xPips et-al, once again I congratulate on such an amazing thread. I am astounded that you are doing this for free! Following your insights I am at last making a few pips --- Maybe I can top up my meagre pension eh
Many Thanx and kind regards
David

Status
Not open for further replies.