Some of my trades, forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, you got a magic wand. My entry was a cable short at 1.5278. I'm reading how you took it out around 1.5227. I'm thinking, Paul messed up this time, so I check the chart. How would have known the reversal was going to be just as quick as the bounce? You said it will finish under 1.5278 for the day so I'll take my small gain. Paul, your MR2 is 1.5374. Think it will hit?
You are the best!!
Is it a go for the gbpaud considering my rish tolerance?

Annabella, always good to see when you show up. Actually, GBP/USD is very predictably volatile these days, but that being said, we should get that close under the 1.5278, especially with so much overhead resistnace on the weekly.
Only if we get a shrp spike, and then a return below the cloud. If we get any sort of a methodical move UP, then things, from here are going to start looking nasty. That immediately puts 1.5447 on the radar, adn who knows what after that. It's in my gut this circa area if the end of the line for cable.
LOL--If you're looking for Paul to mess up, give him time. He's only human.
I'll answer your question with regards to the GBP/AUD a little different than I would most, but you and I know each other too well, so we'll understand. Wait for the AUD/USD to hit .8947, then enter the GBP/AUD. There is a slight potential for a move abck to 1.6981, and even 1.6680, but it is still hard to tell. Once AUD/USD has hit its peak, and .8947 should be it, then the aussie is going to be the one to push that pair, which means aussie weakness means the GBP/AUD is going up. I'm looking to double up on my MT--LT positions it and the EUR/AUD, once aussie is done doing its thing.
Thanks for the compliment, Annabella. I still like to think I have plenty to learn. That is why I stay in the School of Forex, where there are no degrees. You just keep learning.

Now, you got a magic wand. My entry was a cable short at 1.5278. I'm reading how you took it out around 1.5227. I'm thinking, Paul messed up this time, so I check the chart. How would have known the reversal was going to be just as quick as the bounce? You said it will finish under 1.5278 for the day so I'll take my small gain. Paul, your MR2 is 1.5374. Think it will hit?
You are the best!!

Nzd/jpy

This one slipped by me. If there is any kind of a pullback, this is going to make an excellent short 64.20 is the top of the daily cloud and the 200MA. It actually peaked at 64.26. Stochastics has crossed over perfectly and is very OB. Here's some supports you will see on the way DOWN. 62.40 is the kijun, 62.05 is the tenken and the bottom of the cloud, which should be solid support. After the bounce, then it is on to the bottom of the weekly cloud at 56.95.

Usd/jpy

This pair looks like a bumpy ride, but a daily close under 88.06 should send is skithering to 84.80.

Annabella, I hope you are reading this on time, but I'm think now would be a good time to take advantage of the GBP/AUD. We just had a daily stochastic crossover at the top of the cloud.
I'm also starting to doubt the aussie is going to make it to.8974. It has had a magnificent run, and is starting to look tired. The daily stochastics has almost crossed and is OB big time.
Let me give one ironic twist to all this. .8974 could still get hit. It could march DOWN to .8682, and then reverse, and still be within the parameters. There is scads of support in that area, so it will be interesting to see what happens when we get there.

You are the best!!

Eur/usd

The top of the daily cloud has been touched. We should see a move to the kijun at 1.2464.

Thanks for the invite 4x. Got this thread in my fav's and will start reading and getting involved. To be honest with you I don't have any idea about the ichimoku cloud, I've seen the indie but not a clue about why's and what for's. It will be interesting. If you have any links that will speed up the general knowledge that I can read, that would be good too. THANKS

Djia

So many opportunities that I can't keep up. There is little doubt the Dow made a headfake into the daily cloud. It met up with the 200 MA.
Supports will be seen with the bottom of the cloud at 10,191.80, the kijun at 10,079.30, and the tenken at 9991.20. After a move like this one with the tenken under the kijun, that also is a bearish sign .

Wade, tickled to have you on board. I went through a series on the ichimoku cloud. I just forgot the post numbers. If you dig a little, you'll find them
I have a very unique methodology and my semantics are very unique, so don't be afraid to ask, "What did you mean by ....?"
My S&R's are excellent. Relative to my S&R's, yhou can look at the GBP/USD right now and see price action around 1.5278. That level was predetermined before the year started. Hard to believe, but they are available through a simple e-mail.
I also have a series on the ichimoku in my blog at 4xpipcounter.blogspot.com. Go back to Oct 2007, and then thumb through it. The 5-part series will begin, and you'll know it.
No catches here and no gimmicks. Just a love and passion for the business.
The picture is my boss, Tucker. He's been with me for 5 years. What a dog!

Thanks for the invite 4x. Got this thread in my fav's and will start reading and getting involved. To be honest with you I don't have any idea about the ichimoku cloud, I've seen the indie but not a clue about why's and what for's. It will be interesting. If you have any links that will speed up the general knowledge that I can read, that would be good too. THANKS

Yeeeeow! Thanks, Paul. That changed in a hurry.
Do 2 things for me, pleeeease! Get a divorce, and back your clock up 25 years. I want to marry you.

Annabella, I hope you are reading this on time, but I'm think now would be a good time to take advantage of the GBP/AUD. We just had a daily stochastic crossover at the top of the cloud.
I'm also starting to doubt the aussie is going to make it to.8974. It has had a magnificent run, and is starting to look tired. The daily stochastics has almost crossed and is OB big time.
Let me give one ironic twist to all this. .8974 could still get hit. It could march DOWN to .8682, and then reverse, and still be within the parameters. There is scads of support in that area, so it will be interesting to see what happens when we get there.

:LOL: Annabella, I love you like a daughter. No need for me to back my clock up. My wife is the best. Now, can we get back to trading!?

Yeeeeow! Thanks, Paul. That changed in a hurry.
Do 2 things for me, pleeeease! Get a divorce, and back your clock up 25 years. I want to marry you.

Ok found it, Nov 17, 2007. Took me awhile, alot of other interesting stuff in there too. Bouncing Pips, Super Signals, S&R series, and a nice analogy of your hike to Yosemite and ichimkou. Got to get to bed but I'll start after work. THANKS

Annabella took note of my MR2 at 1.5372. I have an entry to go short at that point. What is going to happen is that we get a strong bounce back under 1.5278, or the whole scope of things changes with regards to the recent bull run being a correction. A close above 1.5278 could be all that is needed to signal the next move to 1.5447.

Wade, what did you mean by the Bouncing Pips and the Super Signals?

Ok found it, Nov 17, 2007. Took me awhile, alot of other interesting stuff in there too. Bouncing Pips, Super Signals, S&R series, and a nice analogy of your hike to Yosemite and ichimkou. Got to get to bed but I'll start after work. THANKS

I closed my EUR/GBP at .8348. It was a tough way to get +62 pips, but oh well. There is still a likelihood it could touch .8283, but this is a countertrend (in my estimation) so I jumped out, just in case I get a nasty bump. Also 62 pips on the EUR/GBP is equivalent to 95 pips on the EUR/USD or GBP/USD.
Someone asked me if I post all of my trades. The answer is "No". I post just some of my actual trades. I want this to be fun and not pressure to have to give an account for all my trades.

Hi Paul. You know I was only joking. Heres my chart. I'm sitting on 200 up to now. That was just based on what you were saying yesterday.
I got 2 questions. Should the gbpaud be headed back to 1.8005? I know you said it is will 2.000, but I don't think I want to hold it that long.
Why is there such a small amount per pip on this pair?

Attachments

• gbpaud.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
On your blog in Nov.2007 it looks like you were messing around with some different indicators and that what they were called.

Ahhh, gotcha. I used the complex commons to determine extreme OB and OS conditions of single currencies. In other words, if one is extremely OB and the other extremely OS, then it makes sense to enter a position on that pair. That was during the day when we had an active chat room, and I used my blog to make certain points. There are a few that are following this thread that have come from those days of the chat room.
I am always open to looking at new indicators. I like to study them just to see how they apply in certain conditions.

On your blog in Nov.2007 it looks like you were messing around with some different indicators and that what they were called.

I noticed you changed your charts to the black background, and redone your candles. Yes, you are right again. I think GBP/AUD is headed to 1.8005. That will be a decision point. This time it should get broken, and if that is the case, then it should be a comfortable ride to 1.8601. Plot your ichimoku cloud adn the YR1, then draw the Fibs, and you'll see what I'm saying.
Even though, GBP/AUS is currently at 1.7437, let me use 1.7500 as round figures. What you do in order to find the pip value is to tkae the reciporcal of the current value. 1.75 is equal to 7/4, so the reciporcal is 4/7, which equals .571. At this point, move the decimal to the right one place, and you have 5.71, which is the approximate value of each pip. I believe you entered your trade at circa 1.73, so in your case, the pips value is 5.78.
That works both ways. The trade has to move against you 1.73 times to equal any of the pairs where the USD is the secondary currency. In other words, if the trade moves agaisnt you 173, you are down the same amount as if the GBP/USD had move against me 100.
The AUD/USD, NZD/USD, GBP/USD, EUR/USD are all $10 per pip

Hi Paul. You know I was only joking. Heres my chart. I'm sitting on 200 up to now. That was just based on what you were saying yesterday.
I got 2 questions. Should the gbpaud be headed back to 1.8005? I know you said it is will 2.000, but I don't think I want to hold it that long.
Why is there such a small amount per pip on this pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.