Slashing and bashing Unfashionable Advice

The irony here is that the original thread was centred on lessons we can learn from awareness ,perceptual faults and beliefs etc ....and here we are springing forth in defensiveness defending that which actually does not need any defence other than from our inate ability to make judgements based on inferences rather facts ..LOL and theirin lies the irony.

Lesson

The market, Aleph nor any of you doesn't/didn't owe me a thing.
At the same time im grateful for and focus on the quality that is made available.

Last edited:
db,

Seems like this is bitter slipping down to "personal and personalities"
A promise WAS made, I was there for it.
MY lesson for the day is a review lesson from a past life as a pr!(k.
"Don't make committments you 'can't' keep"
"Don't make promises you can't keep" and
"Don't make promises I can't keep, thank you."

all in the face of incomplete info (Chump, Point taken. Thanks.)
... nothing new...nothing derogatory... not complaining.
db, Sorry if this thread and my posts have caused you any pain…

ZDO

ZDO said:
sulong,

re "Its alright to change your mind":
Sure... however, a commitment WAS made...
Check my posts on the main thread - the short lesson was not directed at him. It was a lesson for all of us. You're speaking in the same vein with "Squalls, doldrums, heavy seas, gear failures, being tired, being cold are the condition for sailing, part and parcel of the commitment to get from here to there -- not enemies to be eliminated, but companions to be danced with. - Unknown "

- commitment ... hey maybe he was committed maybe he just sank !

All the best.

zdo

Many boats have been sunk and lives lost, due to commitment over common sense. If the seas are too rough, or a weather change occurs which he is not prepared for, a smart sailor will say to hell with it and wait for better conditions for another attempt, or simply change his mind and go another direction.
Another sailor may find that heavy seas, squalls, doldrums and such are not for him, and change his mind, go back to port, sell his boat and by an airline ticket. He still gets from here to there.

Something I’m saying has upset ya’ll. What is it? db, et al. certainly you can’t be thinking his is the EGO that single handedly ‘discouraged’ poor Aleph and let’s be nice and grateful and maybe he’ll come back…

sulong, Aleph’s way is/was not about an afternoon on the bay. It’s more like cold sea, mid sea, open sea, high sea, mean sea and one MUST proceed, must dance – that’s not the easy way… the easy way is ‘I’ll just tack off in a different direction” … Which is what he may have done – this is about the teachings not the teacher. Re “sells his boat and buys an airline ticket” … like binaurals and LSD would still gets one from here to there?? And “Common sense” is barely applicable. To follow this way requires ‘surrender to persistence in the face of utter despair’ – common sense – NOT.

All the best

ZDO

sulong said:
Many boats have been sunk and lives lost, due to commitment over common sense. If the seas are too rough, or a weather change occurs which he is not prepared for, a smart sailor will say to hell with it and wait for better conditions for another attempt, or simply change his mind and go another direction.
Another sailor may find that heavy seas, squalls, doldrums and such are not for him, and change his mind, go back to port, sell his boat and by an airline ticket. He still gets from here to there.

May be he just had to go to work.

Silvia.

You arrived early to class. While waiting for Mr. Chi you overhear bits of gossip from other classmates about some scandal, something about identity, snippets about a mental condition... You glance at your watch. Suddenly, like off the cover of a fashion (‘able’) magazine a blonde walks in. She’s beautiful all over. Her face reminds you a little of _______ ________. Before she makes it to the desk your fantasies are already in high gear! She begins to speak and you know immediately this substitute teacher is far from totally ‘blonde’.

She hands out a two part assignment
Part 1
On one succinct page (~1000 words), distill to the essence and summarize ASC’s teachings and post it.
Part 2
On one terse page, list and briefly describe what what he left out (either by design or oversight, by obfuscation or by simply being unclear or incomplete) and post it. Make sure you are not writing about where he was wrong, but what he needed to include to make it all work for you, but didn’t.

She concludes with “In these papers, don’t forget to keep it ‘unfashionable’. Both are due next Mon morning 11/14/05 ” and dismisses class.
Several hands go up “When is Mr. Chi coming back?”
She smiles and replies “We don’t know” and glides out of the classroom…

Hey – sex sells!
And btw, that post is not sexist. If you’re a woman or you’re gay or even if you have gender identity issues (part of those rumors), just conjure up a parallel ie you know what to do…

"Half of winning is 95% mental." Yogi

ZDO said:
Both are due next Mon morning 11/14/05 ” and dismisses class.
Several hands go up…

What if we fell asleep during all the lessons? Can we do the work in groups of 2 or 3?

Silvia.

Last edited:
silviaic said:
What if we fell asleep during all the lessons? Can we do the work in groups of 2 or 3?

Silvia.

Clever tricksters always find a way... do whatever it takes to keep this stupid course from bringing your average down :cool:
... huge numbers signed up for this class, huge numbers quickly dropped it, hardly anyone shows up any more... only a few are into the subject at all anymore... even fewer will consider doing the assignments for themselves.

And one member thinks it is ALL my fault... :rolleyes:

Have a good one,

zd

The assignment is due. As it is graded on the curve and so few are completing the course, all you have to do is show up and post two short blurbs to pass and not have it damage your average. The secretary to the dean drops by to pick up the papers. You’re crestfallen. You were really hoping to see the substitute teacher again and maybe even talk with her. You ask the secretary about the her. Her reply comes out of a puzzled face. “I don’t know who you are talking about. We never scheduled a substitute instructor” … ???

Assignment Part 1 - distill to the essence and summarize ASC’s teachings and post it. Here goes...

Humans, including us traders, have a .25 second window each ‘now’ to enter now fully, enter here fully, instead of entering ego fully, entering ‘enculturated mind’ fully. That’s it!

Assignment Part 2 - list and briefly describe what what he left out (either by design or oversight, by obfuscation or by simply being unclear or incomplete) and post it. Make sure you are not writing about where he was wrong, but what he needed to include to make it all work for you, but didn’t... here goes.

Here’s what ASC didn’t discuss – (subtitle: Issues most traders never have to deal with…)
Consciousness is an epiphenomenom of manifestation.
OR
Manifestation is an epiphenomenom of consciousness
OR
Both. (try describing that!)
OR
Neither.
Which one is true for you?

Last edited:
The door of the classroom opens again. Enters a dark haired man in his late 50s, "I am your new English Teacher" he says. The thickest member of the class (lad called Peto) says "please sir, what does 'epiphenomenom' mean?" Teacher "I think you will find it in the dictionary under 'epiphenomenon'".

Much rummaging ensues. Peto eventually says "ok know what it means, but I still can't make head nor tail of ZDO's last post. Does this mean I am too thick to trade the markets?" Teacher replies ".........?"

ZDO said:
The assignment is due. As it is graded on the curve and so few are completing the course, all you have to do is show up and post two short blurbs to pass and not have it damage your average. The secretary to the dean drops by to pick up the papers. You’re crestfallen. You were really hoping to see the substitute teacher again and maybe even talk with her. You ask the secretary about the her. Her reply comes out of a puzzled face. “I don’t know who you are talking about. We never scheduled a substitute instructor” … ???

Aw man!
I wrote my report to a Miss Goodbody, and put in extra effort in an attempt to gain some private after hours tutelage on the “way of the world” from her. Now as I understand it, Miss Goodbody is not coming back, and to add further difficulties to the assignment, we have a new teacher to hand in our assignment to.
There is no way I'm giving this report to a 50 some year old balding man (perhaps an English one at that!) By heck, he'll think I'm as gay as a 3 dollar bill, and with all the overtures I've made in my report, who could blame him?

Knowing who your audience is at any given time, is a must for constructive communication, and knowing the audience changes throughout the day, depending on the circumstances, goes a long ways toward “awareness”. (Hmm, somehow this ties in with “adopting” preferred characteristics and personalities.)
More so when you are your own audience.

Automatic responses are a power unto themselves. The power comes from the rate of release, from a trickle to a flood. Not enough and you risk “regret” and too much you risk “remorse”.

I'm happy to regret not having an opportunity of extra curricular activity with Miss Goodbody, in exchange for not being remorseful for sending a mysterious teacher an unwanted message.

PS. My own private work on this assignment is only done to chapter 6 ( each of ASC's post's is a chapter). There are too many lessons, and all of them personalized, to be able to do them justice by posting them openly.

Peto,
re: "Does this mean I am too thick to trade the markets?"

I'm with sulong on this one. The 50 yr old guy is a let down and a turn off and I'm not staying long enough to hear what he or any of these other new teachers have to say...

After class another students answers your question with
"Did you miss the subtitle? It's 'Issues most traders never have to deal with'"

ASC - may you RIP

later,

zdo

ZDO said:
After class another students answers your question with
"Did you miss the subtitle? It's 'Issues most traders never have to deal with'"

Ah. Well that's aw rite den. Send the blonde back in.