Skill or luck? An excellent read

J_C_Anderson

131 24
"You need to distinguish the trading exellence and bull`s market" - the old traders say.
Sometimes luck can be important, by it is not about consistency.

NVP

Legendary member
37,535 1,988
I found this interesting. Is it possible some famous fund managers have attained their performance by chance?

its probably more their actions when the dice was in their favour that made them great ......like any trader.........its about optimising your returns when the markets offer you a window...and minimising losses when those windows are firmly closed

Merk Porter

44 0
There can be many evidences where we may perceive that some traders have won trades based on the traders’ luck. But if we try to analyze the whole fact we can actually understand that we are not right in our trading thought. Those successful traders have adequate trading skills and experience. Out of their expertise they can easily forecast the future behaviors from the market forecasts, what we actually perceive as luck.

NVP

Legendary member
37,535 1,988
and of course the classic Gary player quoting his golf buddy Jerry Barber

"the harder I practice, the luckier I get..."

mason_ritter

76 3
I think that to trade well one needs skill for the most part, and occasionally a little bit of luck, but one cannot rely on luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock