Single stock futures

keano

Anyone trading these?

I remember when they first came out and the liquidity was very bad and the spreads were big etc. Its been a good few years now and I only just thought about it after stumbling across an old thread from 4 years ago.

What are peoples experience with them as of now? Which brokers would you advise? What are margin/account balance requirements etc?

Cheers

Anyone trading these?

I remember when they first came out and the liquidity was very bad and the spreads were big etc. Its been a good few years now and I only just thought about it after stumbling across an old thread from 4 years ago.

What are peoples experience with them as of now? Which brokers would you advise? What are margin/account balance requirements etc?

Cheers

Same question from me too....

Same question from me too....

Funny thing I just was looking at them again myself. After a quick refresher I came to the conclusion CFD's should work out better depending on broker fees.

Any other views on this?

Well - 2 things I guess....

1 - you can check the volume here - Prices, Volume & Open Interest | OneChicago

2 - I'm travelling at the moment but I recall from John Carters book that he seemed to think that lack of liquidity wasn't an issue with SSFs but I can't recall why he seemed to think that.

In terms of margin requirements I think most futures require a $5K balance minimum with $2K margin per contract. I can't see why SSFs would be any different.

In that respect, it's certainly better than options & it's cheaper than using a margin on the underlying equity. I can't understand why they aren't more popular unless the spreads are bad. There IS a difference between the Future price & the underlying but that's to be expected - as for spreads, I don't have the live datafeeds for them at the moment but once I do, I'll be able to see the bids, asks & fills.

Cheers

Pete

Well - 2 things I guess....

1 - you can check the volume here - Prices, Volume & Open Interest | OneChicago

2 - I'm travelling at the moment but I recall from John Carters book that he seemed to think that lack of liquidity wasn't an issue with SSFs but I can't recall why he seemed to think that.

In terms of margin requirements I think most futures require a $5K balance minimum with $2K margin per contract. I can't see why SSFs would be any different.

In that respect, it's certainly better than options & it's cheaper than using a margin on the underlying equity. I can't understand why they aren't more popular unless the spreads are bad. There IS a difference between the Future price & the underlying but that's to be expected - as for spreads, I don't have the live datafeeds for them at the moment but once I do, I'll be able to see the bids, asks & fills.

Cheers

Pete
i believe the market makers didn't mind keeping some as they could hedge themselves easily in the liquid underyling stock, keeping the spread