Simple 60min e-mini system.

TWI

Here is a simple e-mini system, it works on a 60min chart.
I only have 150 days of intraday backdata for S&P so no idea how robust it will prove to be outside of this.
Reason I post it is because it is so simple and I am interested in results over a longer time period and I am hoping somebody can provide that.
If it looks good then everyone can have it for FREE!, but better up your slippage then.

In easylanguage code since this is easier than explaining it.

if marketposition =0 and closed(1)<loww(1) then buy
next bar lowd(1) limit;
if marketposition =0 and closed(1)>highw(1) then
sell next bar highd(1) limit;

if barssinceentry >= 3 then exitlong next bar at c limit;
if barssinceentry >= 3 then exitshort next bar at c limit;

Hi,

I may be able to help but don't know easylanguage!

I see you hold for 3 hours then sell at the close but am not sure about the entry.

JonnyT

Well Jonny, You were asking about TS the other day wern't you?
Consider this the first easylanguage lesson ;)

next bar lowd(1) limit;

{If flat and daily close of yesterday is less than weekly close of last week, buy next bar at yesterdays low}

{If flat and daily close of yesterday is greater than weekly close of last week, sell next bar at yesterdays high}

{If bars since entry = 3 i.e. >3 hrs since entry then exit position at last bars close}

{If bars since entry = 3 i.e. >3 hrs since entry then exit position at last bars close}

Just to be clear this is to exit on next bar at current bars close. so exits on 4th bar after initiating position at close of 3rd bar

Twalker,

What is the intra-day drawdown with this system ? Also are there any stop losses ?

Paul

System Just as it stands 3 bar exit is only stop
Max intraday draw for 150days back is 1075US

Sure, Here are results

Attachments

• emini 60min.XLS
    71 KB · Views: 1,194
This is a very interesting system. Not many mechanical systems work consistently well on the S&P (ES) intraday.

I have eSignal ES data and ran the system from Aug 2003 up tp the present and got 83 trades, £3.2K profit, $1.3K DD with $39/ avg trade. I used $6 commission and $12.5 slippage.

It was also profitable on the YM but less so - $1K profit and $2.5K DD but it performed very poorly on the NQ and lost on the Russell.

Interesting to try it on various other markets, though....

Anyone tried any modificiations/optimisations?

Well done and thanks twalker.

Ian

Thanks Ian.
It is interesting that it does work, considering it is always buying into downtrends and selling into up. I have not done further work on this but if I do I will post any improvements.

twalker-

Did you test this on 24 hour e-mini data or just main market hours?

Actually I just did main market hours. 08:30-15:15 which I know is stictly just big S&P time. Haven't tested on 15:30-15:15 time.

What happens if you get in on the 15:00 bar?

Do you hold overnight until the first two trading hours of the main session next day?

Indeed, if you follow the code, that would be the case.
Do you see a result following globex hours?

I have not traded this strategy, was messing around with EL and noticed it produced a upward sloping equity curve. Thought it surprising due simplicity and counter trend nature.

twalker said:
Well Jonny, You were asking about TS the other day wern't you?
Consider this the first easylanguage lesson ;)

next bar lowd(1) limit;

{If flat and daily close of yesterday is less than weekly close of last week, buy next bar at yesterdays low}

{If flat and daily close of yesterday is greater than weekly close of last week, sell next bar at yesterdays high}

TWALKER,

I was wondering how the results of these system were doing till now? Did sombody using this system?

I also got a question for you about the rules: You said; "If yesterdays close is less that weekly close of last week" That weekly close..is that the close of friday?? And what is the close on de US markets? Here in europe (Holland) de FTI (aex index amsterdam) closed @ 5.30pm (Amsterdam time), soh that you know the closing price. But in US the future markets are always open?

Thanks in advance.

Edgar

Forget this system. It is not a winner.
Long term equity curve has flattened out. Short term is zero sum game after cost.

Attachments

• e-mini 60min.PNG
    e-mini 60min.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 387
twalker said:
Forget this system. It is not a winner.
Long term equity curve has flattened out. Short term is zero sum game after cost.

But didnt it do that a couple of years ago? Then the curve took off again.

Simple systems normally rely on either a trending or a range market. This system looks to have a bias towards range markets. On that basis it will perform better in times of lower volatility where the market has no clear trend.

Steve.