Sim trading

Dablu

1 0
Hey all,

So i've been practicing trading the ES using Ninja Trader's simulation feed for about 2 weeks and have been doing pretty well (12 wins with $1425 profit and 1 loss at $112). Recently i decided to try out the End of Market data and i noticed how much slower it is than the simulation data feed and how less volatile (at least the days i traded) it was.

My question is, is the End of Market Data an accurate representation of what i can expect when i start to trade live? Or should i continue to stick to the simulation feed for a few months as planned? If so i feel as if i have to change my whole trading style just to adapt to the real ES market behavior.

Also, is there a place where i can download market data that is as close to the real thing as possible?

THANKS YALL :clap:

Last edited:

Traderallen

248 41
Results with sim data will never be the same as live data. Sim data has no slippage or bad fills or miss quotes or re-quotes. MT4 has some sponsors with free data. But not Ninjatrader. BTW 2 weeks of data is too small to be of real use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock