should the stop be greater than the limit ?

I think my longest streak of consecutive losses was 14 trades. That resulted in a 12% drawdown in my play account which is traded at 5:1 leverage. If I recall correctly in 2011 I had 4 consecutive months where I either lost, or earned less than the cost of doing business. I still made a return in excess of 100% for the year.

At some point in the future I expect those losses will be exceeded. I wouldn't be surprised to experience a losing year at some point over the next decade.

Given that the forex market makes regular 1000 pip moves in more or less straight lines, I think you are under-performing making only 100% a year. Should be 100% every couple of months.

Given that the forex market makes regular 1000 pip moves in more or less straight lines, I think you are under-performing making only 100% a year. Should be 100% every couple of months.

He can easily do that by tweaking his size but his DD will be much higher which could effect his performance on the long run , for small accounts yes should aim for more than 100% annually then slow it down when you have bigger accounts , anyway at 100% annually he just needs 10 years to compound his pot 1000 Times !

Last edited:
He can easily do that by tweaking his size but his DD will be much higher

Not necessarily. With correct entry, you don't have to risk a large part of the account to ride a 1000 pip move which could bring in a significant account gain. The entry is the key in this kind of play.

The interesting question people need to ask themselves is how did they managed to miss all these large straight line moves ? I reckon it is to do with them not paying attention on their entries.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. With correct entry, you don't have to risk a large part of the account to ride a 1000 pip move which could bring in a significant account gain. The entry is the key in this kind of play.

The interesting question people need to ask themselves is how did they managed to miss all these large straight line moves ? I reckon it is to do with them not paying attention on their entries.

Yes not necessarily , but we assume he will not change his trading techniques , his DD is 12% with 100% gains so if he aim for more with the same strategies he already use his DD will be much higher ....

I'm sure we could all do better !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 241
BJ has to be a multinic troll.
No one can be this much of a tard, can they...:LOL:

I am sure Barjon knowing my IP over the past couple of year will tell you I don't do multinicks. Multincks are for the weak of mind. If I get banned from a place, I'd move on. On occasions, I'd ban forums even if they want me to stay.

I am sure Barjon knowing my IP over the past couple of year will tell you I don't do multinicks. Multincks are for the weak of mind. If I get banned from a place, I'd move on. On occasions, I'd ban forums even if they want me to stay.

:eek: so you openly confess to being a tard? :)
Its ok I still think you a multinic biatch :LOL:

:eek: so you openly confess to being a tard? :)
Its ok I still think you a multinic biatch :LOL:

I have not confessed to anything. Just pointing out the facts because people like to think I am a multinick for some reason.

As for taking a position on arguments, I do it because I can.

I have not confessed to anything. Just pointing out the facts because people like to think I am a multinick for some reason.

You should try the multinic thing. it really is breathtaking, the next best thing to a shorn scrotum.

Are people actually trading with stop loss larger than target? It doesn't seem to make mathematical sense, or...?

The pot-shooting gang has been trying to get me to think. Now I will reciprocate. See if you can work out why I am trading, and you are just pot shooting ? This is an active trade. The entries are highly dynamic and any subsequent screenshots of this trade may look slightly different. This way of trading produces realised profits as it goes, and risk and exposure are adjusted according to what is happening in the market.

154718d1359385752-should-stop-greater-than-limit-potshots.jpg

Attachments

• potshots.jpg
    potshots.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 816
Last edited:
To help with the thinking, here's another of my active trades. For those who knew me from the beginning, you would have known I preferred high activity levels. It should be apparent from these charts I have attained what I always wanted. Trading can be quite a lot of fun, and it's also a bit like work. To some extent, the more work you put into it, the more profit/fun you get out of it

154720d1359388552-should-stop-greater-than-limit-thinking.jpg

Attachments

• thinking.jpg
    thinking.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 820
Joe - I like your style and the responses it gets: forces me to examine and justify my own beliefs. :)

Last edited: