shorting in the real market not CFDs

SanMiguel

Experienced member
1,136 25
What brokers can you short with where you don't have to put up 10% of the margin and get charged financing fees you just trade it old style with little if any leverage but go short?

anley

2,730 229
I don't think any broker will offer you the ability to short unless you can make it worth their while, ie minimum bargain size of £25,000.

Plus, they'll want some sort of deposit, probably 50% if not 100%.

Nothing wrong with CFDs, you don't have to use the available margin so £20,000 in your account and you short £20,000 worth of stock.

SanMiguel

Experienced member
1,136 25
I don't think any broker will offer you the ability to short unless you can make it worth their while, ie minimum bargain size of £25,000.

Nothing wrong with CFDs, you don't have to use the available margin so £20,000 in your account and you short £20,000 worth of stock.
With IG , there isn't an option to choose the margin so you get charged the full financing regardless.

SanMiguel

Experienced member
1,136 25

which CFD brokers allow you to choose your margin/leverage?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock