SHIRE PHARMACEUTICALS ..time to get in?

The Bears are still putting pressure on despite the rise over the last two days.......long upper shadow yesterday on the Candlestick chart. Am watching and waiting for the right opportunity again.

John

Following extract from todays Observer:

Oliver Morgan
2000 was the year of the scientist, with the mapping of the human genome completed in the summer. But the prognosis for biotechnology companies remains mixed. City experts point to Andover-based Shire Pharmaceuticals as an undervalued opportunity. It boosted its product portfolio and pipeline through a $4 billion merger with BioChem Pharma of the US in December. Development deals with big pharmaceuticals companies leading to royalty payments have given it earnings sooner than other biotechs, and analysts are pencilling in £160 million of pre-tax profits for 2001 - most competitors are years off earnings. We could see the share graph moving from today's 1,085p up to 1,500p.

Hi John,

Looks like you're considering to join us on SHP again...just wanted to tell you that I watched it all day on friday..between 12.30 and 13.30 the sell side of the order book on L2 collapsed a couple of times..all buy orders and no sell orders...still it showed resistance at 105 (sending them back to 1060 once immeddiately bouncing up however) as it did between 21 - 28 December...interestingly once breaking 105 resistance, I can't see any resistance till well over 1200..also the last low (1025) on January 3rd was much higher then the previous one (960)on December 14 thus putting an end to the lower lows started mid-November pulling the price down from around 1500 to 960...charts looking positive with so much positive news/recommendations (most posted above) I think it may not take long for SHP to break the 1100-1010 resistance..that's the reason why I am still holding...
best wishes and good luck

rizgar

[This message has been edited by rizgar (edited 07-01-2001).]

I can agree with Charty's analysis on SHP.....however before I venture i expect to see it fall further. If my calculation is wrong then so be it and I may have missed an opportunity, but the way it is trading currently I shall only venture when I see something positive from a lower price.

Best wishes to you hold

John

SHP up 20 today to 1100...
back to the resistance level..let's see if it will be able to break it this time..

Rizgar.....How do you calculate you resistance at 1100? Is this built into your programme or do you calculate it manually??

John

Hi John,

We watch this particular one on L2 all day everyday...as a few of us in the chatroom are in...so we just see with our own eyes..every time the bid and offer prices fit in between 1100-1110 it encounters resistance and the price is pulled back..between 21st and 29th Dec. this happened countless times...also a few times this week (intraday)...

Thanks for the info on your stop loss Riz. That explains, why i couldnt see the relationship on my charts - didnt realise you were referring to intra day chart, which I dont have.

As your know I took a nice Xmas pressie from this on the 22nd Dec, and whilst my indicators are showing positive, it is a little too volatile on an intra day basis for me at the moment.

One positive sign, yesterday 11/1, the price closed with a much longer lower shadow on the candlestick chart, which indicates their is some strength, so who knows, maybe it will make a push for higher ground today. I hope so for all you who are currently holding.

Best wishes

John

There you go folks.....Candlesticks at work........up 30 at time of posting.........
See the last para of my post above

John

Congratulations all holding Shire... up 44 today. Now watch closely for a any sign of a reversal if you want to hang on to your profit.

Best wishes

John

Up +44 to 1144...thanks to all contributors, John especially for he kept questioning the trend thus making me work harder on this one..well we got there, resistance broken..I got in twice and already in great profit on both holdings in such a short time..

Now is the time to work out when to get out..and watch any possible reversal...charts don't show a resistance level before 1200..that doesn't mean a new one can't form of course..

5, 20 and 26 day MA are all above 20 day moving aberage in the correct order...price approaching upper bolinger band as the bands themselves are heading up..stochastics are up with K crossing over D and not far from 80..RSI flat a few points under 70..money flow index upwards above 70...OBV sharply upwards almost touching the top..normally at the point where the smart money starts leaving the security...to me and judging from my observation of this stock all day for a while, we'll soon see either a breakthrough to 1200 or further up or an imminent reversal..although in my opinion looking to break out.. if you're still in watch it, this stocks can lose 40-50 a day when it is pulled back..just as the oter way round is true..

Anyway let's enjoy the sweet profit for the time being...

rizgar

------------------
wizard6.gif

[This message has been edited by rizgar (edited 12-01-2001).]

end of this post...

Just to let you all know that I closed both my long positions on SHP before friday pull down of -62... with a very nice profit...not watching shp closely for the time being...thus putting an end to this successful thread which undoubtedly contributed to our profits...let's do the same on the others too...chase them all the way up and get out on time...such continuous threads with various contributions do increase our chances to profit...thanking you all...

rizgar

A wise move too Riz..........Dont now go squandering that profit!!!!!.............nice run while it lasted, even though I wasnt in on the latest upsurge.

Best wishes

John

Are we not being a little premature here?
I had the distinct feeling on Fri that the MMs were desperate for stock, confirmed by that after hours 500k buy @1263.47
I'm still watching having once again sold too soon last time...i know Riz,i know.
Steve
wait and see tomorrow and maybe i'll start a new thread