shareware stock screener app for MS-Windows

eremmell

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I do mostly fundamental-based trading, but I've been learning about reading charts (MACD, stochastic) and taking advantage of seasonal trends like the "January effect". I currently use Ameritrade's ThinkOrSwim for charting, and I pay some attention to Stock Trader's Almanac.

I have a shareware stock screener application that runs on MS-Windows that I find useful to discover stocks with attractive valuations that are actively traded with significant volume, i.e. not value traps. It learns stock tickers (it skips ETFs) from Money Flows: Buying on Weakness - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com and Money Flows: Selling on Strength - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com, then screens those stocks using stock fundamentals you specify (ROA, P/E, P/B, Quick Ratio, Net Margin) and displays those matching your criteria in a list box, at which point you can select individual tickers in the list box to do further analysis. If you are interested in trying it, send your request to [email protected] and I'll email it to you.

- Ed Remmell