SharePrice Alarm / Alert Software ?

ekiwi

Hi All,

Strange question but hopefully somone has an idea for this.
I trade the Nasdaq but live in Australia so the time difference is a killer! Sometimes it's very hard to sit there watching my holdings for 6-8 hours as much I enjoy the ride a person needs their sleep.
I've tried setting stops and going to bed, but find that sometimes the price moves so quick they don't get actioned which makes for a very dangerous position.

My hope is that if there was a piece of software which would track prices and if they fall to a predetermined level an audible alarm would go off on my pc/mac waking me up so i can then make a decision on what to do (would need to be continuous until I switch off :).

Shouldn't be too complicated i imagine but buggered if i can find anything online.
Anyone know of something similar? I'd really be greatful for any suggestions! You just might save my marriage lol.

Thanks and happy trading!

ekiwi.

You could use MS Excel to do this if you have a datafeed that can be fed into Excel which the likes of IQ feed can be.

Paul

Trader333 said:
You could use MS Excel to do this if you have a datafeed that can be fed into Excel which the likes of IQ feed can be.

Paul

Thanks Paul,

I am hoping there's an easier route. Does Excel auto update/refresh ever second? Never imagined it could do such a thing, let alone set it up.
Thanks again.

Anyone else?

Last edited:
ekiwi said:
Thanks Paul,

I am hoping there's an easier route. Does Excel auto update/refresh ever second? Never imagined it could do such a thing, let alone set it up.
Thanks again.
Anyone else?
HI Ekiwi,

I don’t understand why you have this problem. Your trading platform should have audible alarms, which you should be able to set to any price you set.

For example my platform, Real Tick, (RT) can be set to:

Last Price Falls Below/Above or Price Falls/Rises to:
“AAPL: Last Price Falls Below 89.50”
“AAPL: Last Price Rises Above 90.00”

This feature can be utilized for countless Symbols such as Stocks, as well as for Sectors, and Index’s, since they all have their own symbols.

The Audible Alarm continues to ring until it’s turned off, and your speaker volume on your PC sets the pitich/loudness.

If your Trading Platform doesn't, then you need a professional one, such as Tradestation or RT, etc.

Hope This Helps,

Nas