Share competition

Minder

Is the share competition strictly limited to the sale and purchase of equities, or are derivatives acceptable in the competition.

I have been playing the share competition for a few weeks. I am using warrants and covered warrants, as well as equities. My orders have been accepted, but I have noticed some discrepancies between the T2W quoted prices and market live prices. These are sufficiently large for me to raise the question here.

Are these instruments allowable in the competition ?

How are the prices determined ?

Regards

Minder

Hi Minder,

The competition will let you trade anything that comes through the feed - there may well be derivatives quoted but there are no guarantees over the integrity of the prices quoted. Whereas the equities feed, despite some occasional problems, has proved to be fairly solid and reliable - so my advice is to stick to equities and trade derivatives at your peril.

Cheers,

Equity prices don't seem to be updating since 8am? Portfolio valuations don't appear to be moving.

Edit: It looks like closed trades (covering an earlier short, or selling an earlier buy) are coming out right - but the visible valuations and quotes are stuck.

eg: My DATA buy this morning shows the same valuation price as when bought, despite having long since moved. And asking for a quote brings up the early morning price not the 20 minutes ago price. Other members are similarly affected

Last edited: