Shall I or shall I not??/ 33-1 value bet??

betfairtrader

I was in 2 minds if to post or not post!!! I get a real buzz out of sharing my thoughts with others.

Today I have come across a horse who I feel is very well Handicapped,3:30 Doncaster BABY STRANGE price on betfair 38, in shops 33, Baby is very well handicapped, Not that many moons ago he was running off a mark of 102, Today he runs off 85, The important piece of information that you should look at and that been that his last 6 runs have been on the Aw, So today I think it could be his day, I think he as been layed out for this race and could be well supported.

respecccccccccccctttttttt !!!!!!!!!!

I hope you piled in to that one ?

I've had two 33/1 winners that I can recall.
One was a stable coup, the guvnor even featured in the following Monday's Sporting Life for pulling off "an old-fashioned coup", so doesn't really count.

The other time, I studied a race, I could see only one winner in it.
Can't remember the hosses name but Judy Davies was on it
(now THERE was a jockey !! Remember that spread she did in the Daily Express, all dolled up in stockings & sussies as part of the build-up to her ride in the Grand National ? (The Race that Never Was, if I remember correctly)
Anyway I had 100 quid on it, and it pyssed up, won by a street going away.
Bookie moaned and grumbled, muttered something about "lucky so-and-so".
I had the greatest delight telling him there was no luck involved, only pure skill :smart:

Sad footnote to the stable coup, I was leading another one up at Warwick, but wanted to roll my winnings over for some "easy money", so I just had time to find Gary Wiltshire and I had the great pleasure of coolly plonking down 16,000 pounds without a care in the world, on one of the 2 university boat race teams, only to see my bet literally SINK !!!

Of course, it's funny looking back, but at the time .........

Last edited:
respecccccccccccctttttttt !!!!!!!!!!

I hope you piled in to that one ?

I've had two 33/1 winners that I can recall.
One was a stable coup, the guvnor even featured in the following Monday's Sporting Life for pulling off "an old-fashioned coup", so doesn't really count.

The other time, I studied a race, I could see only one winner in it.
Can't remember the hosses name but Judy Davies was on it
(now THERE was a jockey !! Remember that spread she did in the Daily Express, all dolled up in stockings & sussies as part of the build-up to her ride in the Grand National ? (The Race that Never Was, if I remember correctly)
Anyway I had 100 quid on it, and it pyssed up, won by a street going away.
Bookie moaned and grumbled, muttered something about "lucky so-and-so".
I had the greatest delight telling him there was no luck involved, only pure skill :smart:

Sad footnote to the stable coup, I was leading another one up at Warwick, but wanted to roll my winnings over for some "easy money", so I just had time to find Gary Wiltshire and I had the great pleasure of coolly plonking down 16,000 pounds without a care in the world, on one of the 2 university boat race teams, only to see my bet literally SINK !!!

Of course, it's funny looking back, but at the time .........
Yes I had a decent bet!!! made a few of my mates very happy today,Without sounding too big-headed I have had quite few of these 33-1 shots come in, High low when it won the Lincoln 1992,Prince Rupert trained by Barry Hills, Funfair Wane was the best he won the ayr gold cup, really good day