SEO: hints and tips

trendie

Legendary member
Any decent books, courses, sites where I can bone up on the principles of SEO?
ta.

SEO programs need to run according to a strategy in order to reach success. SEO consultants help in making such strategies to make the website more appealing in order to improve traffic on the website. Therefore, it is wise to seek advice from a genuine SEO consultant in order to attain top rankings very easily.

Madelyn - you appear to be quite hot.

I'm looking for an SEO consultant right now & pictures of you in a two piece would more than likely put you ahead of the game.

I'm just saying....

There is no as such expert book in SEO because day by day SEO change, So old methods becomes useless. For new trends and knowledge about SEO you can visit SEOmoz or Searchengineland & If you want SEO consultant check it with "Sandyallain"

Emmawilliam87 and Madelyn are correct in what they say (although I get the feeling Emma is plugging). Old methods are out dated by new programmers very quickly if not the very next day. If you wish to get good SEO then get a good team in house if it's financially viable to do so, its easy to hire and fire and control what you need when you need it. If not then pay for key words and automatically rank yourself top for a price per click. Don't allow these companies and individuals to make it more complicated than it is. For the record I use an in house team and it works very well to keep, at the very least up with the big players in my area.

thanks for help and advice so far.

the SEO game is pretty dynamic, so its going to be a constant activity, not a one-shot deal.

You don't need a team if you know what you are doing. The key is to know how Google rank pages and this keeps changing, (not that anyone really knows how they do it). Recently we have seen previously top rated companies dropping off the higher listed rankings because they got there by manipulation. There are even cases of companies threatening to sue each other if they don't remove the previously known technique of backlinking to their own company that used to rank them higher but now is penalized by Google. It is getting quite comical with some companies threatening to sue Google as well for reduced rankings which is insanity as Google can do what they want in my view.

Also don't believe any company that says they can get you up the rankings and ask them anyway how they think they will do it. There are some ways that I have developed and are working even better since Google made their latest update and work well for projects I am involved in. However, I am not about to reveal these to anyone as it would be the same as giving people an edge in trading in that once known about would soon be lost.

Explanation on above post:

After reading Trader333 post and then re-reading mine I would just like to clarify what I was saying as oppose to how it may have sounded.

The in house team I use for SEO is not full time based sat in the office constantly updating and refining the site. They are only brought in when we start slipping down the ranks, at the same time they also concentrate on all aspects of the site and not just SEO.

I have had people do this over the phone with me previously but personally I have found it much more pro-active (and not any dearer) to have them in front of me, that way I can explain what I want and they can do, it's actually a lot quicker and can save money but source locally.

Usually companies that promote they will get you above all others are key word sellers, they can be very good and charges can be reasonable whilst they take all the effort out of it. If you do this then get them to demo to you first (FOC), they can do this for 24 hours with a specific keyword (usually the highest used one) to rank you top of page. You can also choose what search pages you want to be listed on, ie, AOL, Bing and of course the old favourite Google.

Regards,

Lee Shepherd

Lee,

Your info is quite outdated and I must worn you here a bit - part time SEO as you described before will newer work for you anymore - If you will have benefits from that then that will be for very short time and sooner or later your rankings will be down again.
From everything what you have said I can see that your SEO guys doing quit bad job in informing you - what is out there and what direction to go! Google changes it's algo about 500+ times per year! And you advising to rank your web by the third party company's keywords!

Sorry - but you are wrong. Those times are gone about a year+ a go when this strategy worked.(Penguin/Panda killed it)

And yes - I am full time SEO-Agency guy for 15 years so, as good you can talk about trading I can talk about SEO.

This is post from July - and now things are even worse as there is no fast line anymore.

regards to all community!
Jungle

SEO vantage is a great place to learn about the latest SEO trends. Make sure you research the new google EMD update because it has affected a lot ranking sites.

Read few articles on seo-moz blog. And first learn - SEOMoz Beginners Guide. Where you can get a good picture about SEO

If you have learn as a seo beginner,then Google provides "SEO start-up guidelines" as an .PDF format on internet, in that Google provide all the information in easy language with example for on page seo.