Scanners For Daytrading US Stocks

Try TC2000 - they offer a 14 day free trial on their EOD data. Scanning capabilities are good.

It depends on the level of sophistication needed but top of the range in my view is Prosuite.

Can anyone recommend a good Scanner for Daytrading US Stocks.

I've been using aiforecasts which has a free basic version at www.aiforecasts.com

its pretty good since it verifies itself by taking its own medicine. plus it automatically generates interesting potential swing trade charts. Helped me with the perennial problem of 'what to buy' (or sell) now' (y)

Hi dojistar,
The free one with interactivebrokers is very good, not fantastic but it's the only scanner I use and it provides me with potential opportunities pre- market and during regular trading hours.
I used the eSignal one for years and tried trade-ideas, but the IB one is just fine - and I trade for a living.
Richard

Hi dojistar,
The free one with interactivebrokers is very good, not fantastic but it's the only scanner I use and it provides me with potential opportunities pre- market and during regular trading hours.
I used the eSignal one for years and tried trade-ideas, but the IB one is just fine - and I trade for a living.
Richard

HI Richard,I plan on opening an Account with I.B soon as there commission rates are great. I will check out there scanner than. I always read your thread when you update it with new trades. You definitely find some strongly trending stocks.

Yes although I should have said specifically Radarscreen which is not legacy software.

Trader333, Radarscreen looks good.I use tradestation for charting. The problem with radarscreen is you need to add the symbols into radarscreen that you want to scan. So if any stocks that make nice intradday moves that are not in your radarscreen window will not be identified to you.

Well you can add as many as you like and you can use complex criteria for selection.

Hi dojistar,
IB's charting and price feeds are more than good enough for the way I trade so you might find you don't need Tradestation once you open your IB account :)
Richard

HI Richard,I plan on opening an Account with I.B soon as there commission rates are great. I will check out there scanner than. I always read your thread when you update it with new trades. You definitely find some strongly trending stocks.

I haven't updated that thread for a while so maybe I'll add a trade from today found using the IB scanner.
Richard

Tradestation Scanner

Trader333, Radarscreen looks good.I use tradestation for charting. The problem with radarscreen is you need to add the symbols into radarscreen that you want to scan. So if any stocks that make nice intradday moves that are not in your radarscreen window will not be identified to you.
Why not use the Tradestation scanner itself then (not to be confused with Radarscreen).

It will create a list of stocks satisfying the scan criteria with as many rows as it finds. You can then create orders from any of the rows. Scans can be run on demand or scheduled.

Also if you wish to copy the symbols found into radarscreen for further analysis you can copy the complete list of symbols in one go either just using copy and paste of the whole list or by letting the scanner create a Custom List which you can insert into Radarscreen in one click.

Charlton

Radarscreen can have 1000 stocks entered into it. Could use the scanner to choose the 1000 stocks you want to select. I currently use the scanner for EOD Trading. I think you would need a powerful PC if you are going to add 1000 stocks to Radarscreen.

I use stockcharts and tradestation. Stockcharts is very good. Benefit of tradestaion is you can scan using custom indicators and you can set things up so it automatically scans every day and emails you with any stocks meeting the criteria

I use stockcharts and tradestation. Stockcharts is very good. Benefit of tradestaion is you can scan using custom indicators and you can set things up so it automatically scans every day and emails you with any stocks meeting the criteria

Why pay for Stockcharts when Tradestation provides their own, as well as chart pattern recogniton analysis?

Because I have some tickers and indicators which tradestation doesnt properly support. Also I cant see tradestation charts at work on explorer. But I can see stockcharts through IE

Are there any British firms offering chart pattern recogniton analysis for Mac users? Sharescope still doesn't run on Macs. I ask because Brits have no legal recourse in case of payment, cancellation or refund disputes with US companies.

Last edited:
IB Scanners & I find they produce a number of candidates which I also pick up from news stories. As long as your filters are right.