Saxo Bank or Dukascopy

I think DukasCopy has been on the rise for several years now, in a good way. You've got four trading platforms to select from, or should I say, four flavors with only one (MT4) being a real distinction with a difference. If you like Java based platforms, then you will luv DC. I you like paying commissions, then you will also luv DC, but in fairness, I've done some preliminary calculations from a long-term trading standpoint and the commissions are negligible as far as I am concerned - though they might not be to the liking of others. To off set some of this, the spreads are seemingly low (at least as advertised), but of course, that is made up by charging the commission.

They are a Broker trying to become an "FX Bank" whatever that means in full detail, but they seem to have some coherence in their offering. They are a non-U.S., non-Russian, FX intermediary, which is starting to make more and more sense each day given the "talk" over at the CFTC about 10:1 (a non-starter if you ask me). And, you won't have to walk far to gain some of the privacy people look for when utilizing a Swiss Bank account, as this is a Swiss Broker.

I can't say anything else about them as I have not yet made the Atlantic crossing to visit them (I might do so while taking care of some other business), but from what I've seen thus far, at least a second look might be warranted, though I prefer to trade through a real bank, personally - if I can find one not in bed with FXCM (sorry, I had to get that comment in there).

My major concern with the DukasCopy platform would be the longer-term issues with Java based latency inherent in many real-time JRE based applications (I have yet to run a demo on my machine to confirm - maybe somebody else can post about the latency issues, if they exist at all).

I've used the Saxo platform before (demo) and actually had a Love/Hate relationship with its features and functionality. It is robust, no doubt, but often times the trader pays a price for that higher level of functionality. However, I do prefer the more complete trading platform to use, though there were some common sense trade set-up and configuration capacity missing from the Saxo platform, which surprised me given its robustness.

Saxo is your choice, Dukascopy is swiss broker with russian capitals I think. Swiss brokers do not offer any funds protection as a standart.

Yes Saxo has been approved and received bank status (which means CHF 30k is protected), Dukascopy has applied, but not been approved yet.

Regards

Hittfeld

Well, Dukas will be a bank in a while. The spread is 0.5/1 for the eur.usd.

4 platforms, the metatrader will be available in a few days/week.

Im introducing agent and you can get a 45% discount in your comission, just send me email or contact me here via PM to be sure to give you the discount.

just open the account (demo or real) in the official dukascopy site and put my IA number 1031 for get the discount.

Well, Dukas will be a bank in a while. The spread is 0.5/1 for the eur.usd.

4 platforms, the metatrader will be available in a few days/week.

Im introducing agent and you can get a 45% discount in your comission, just send me email or contact me here via PM to be sure to give you the discount.

just open the account (demo or real) in the official dukascopy site and put my IA number 1031 for get the discount.

So its a sign of quality banking and narrow prices, when the bank offers 45 % discount to an intermediary?

Regards

Hittfeld

Some brokers spend a lot of money in advertisement other use the IBs system.

Anyway, at the end is the trader who must compare brokers and the total cost of spread+fee.

Also the customer relations, the technology, liquidity, platforms, etc.

Always will be dificult to answer the question wich is the best broker, but without doubt Dukas is one of them.

Alexander: I never used Oanda, but I always heard good words, but I dont know more.

Hi,
I tried both Dukas and Saxo, and i can say that nobody of them is a scammer.
They're both serious and affordable brokers.
Saxo offers also the possibility to trade on stock markets and indexes.
Dukas plays only with forex.

I used for about 1 year Saxo, and then i choosed to pass to Dukas, where i still am.
My reasons were:
-Minor spreads on forex (i'm not interested in stockmarlets)
-More speed in refunding
-More speed in filling orders
-More powerful and elastic trading platform

I am so happy with dukas that i'm also become an IA (introducing agent) with them.
if you are thinkin' to open an account with them, and want to have less commissions expenses, come and visit my site: www.pips.it

best regards
^_^

Im want to go with Dukas. Thought about using an IA but they want your account number when you receive it from Dukas. Why do they want it?

I sometimes read that the swissFX is a gimmick and that they will trade against you sometimes which doesnt seem like true ECN

I heard that Saxo is investigated for something.. i forgot.

l.jpg
in.jpg
c.jpg
mr.jpg
a.jpg
e.jpg

Read my doubts....

"How to find a good broker if even a bank does such things........."

if I can find one not in bed with FXCM (sorry, I had to get that comment in there).

I think it states somewhere that Dukascopy routes order through several avenues with one of them being HotSpot FXi and I know FXCM bought out the retail part of Hotspot.

http://www.finextra.com/news/fullstory.aspx?newsitemid=19588

Maybe Dukascopy only routes through the institutional side of Hotspot and has nothing to do with FXCM, but I don't know for sure yet.

Last edited:
is Saxo a bank?.......not in the UK its not its Saxo Capital....it is robust though and will not go broke soon. Dont know Duka but hear they are ok too. I think you will be fine with either