Save Art for Britain??

Saving art or saving people, or both? Pity those (possibly despise) those who only opt for the first.

Grant.

I rang them up to buy some brushstrokes, but guess what.........they refused to cut out my purchases from the canvas and post them to me. What is the world coming to......just because the government steals from us they think they can too........disgusting.

Mr Charts,

I think the Tate Modern is a bit precious. I've got a Turner in the shed. I'll see if I can dig it out this weekend and send you a piece (no charge). May be a bit grubby but sandpaper can work wonders.

One of my fantasies is to buy a Pre-Raphaelite - any - and burn it. I hate them all with a passion. Of course, I'd make monumental donations to charities first to offset any criticism of decadence and wasting money.

Grant.

You ought to check out the carbon footprint of a burning Rossetti first and pay Our Great And Wonderful Leader In Waiting his tax.
Anyway, a Turner is just an early Cezanne with too much water spilt on it.
Richard

PS My fantasies are more fun............

Richard,

Forgetting my environmental responsibilities. I could take it down to the local Sainsbury’s recycling section but they've dispensed with the British 19th century fantasy painting section – couldn’t keep up with the deluge. I’ll sand it down and donate the canvas to a needy art student.

Like the Cezanne comparison. Made me smile.

Trendie,

Philistines? A lot of squiggly lines; my dog could do better. Actually, I do like modern art, especially Rolf Harris. I’ve got a DVD of the Three Tenors.

Grant (RCA).

I love art, only every time ducatti posts some up its gets pulled as offensive??

Such wonderfuls of the human form.....would make me get in the bath more often. :p

grantx said:
Richard,

Forgetting my environmental responsibilities. I could take it down to the local Sainsbury’s recycling section but they've dispensed with the British 19th century fantasy painting section – couldn’t keep up with the deluge. I’ll sand it down and donate the canvas to a needy art student.

Like the Cezanne comparison. Made me smile.

Trendie,

Philistines? A lot of squiggly lines; my dog could do better. Actually, I do like modern art, especially Rolf Harris. I’ve got a DVD of the Three Tenors.

Grant (RCA).

its clear to me that art-lovers are born, not made.

I would like to help you to appreciate the subtleties of light and shade, but my secret club would admonish me if I did.

I shall see if my Starch Amber will let you join, but first you must be worthy.

toodle-pip.

oh, and by the way, stay on-topic,. lest ye incur my wrath.

Grant,
Do you not realise that hand sanding requires calories from carbohydrates which may have been imported from abroad, thus creating a bigger carbon footprint and ruining the planet even more effectively than the chocolate box images of overdrawn mono-dimensional Pre- Rafs ever could?
And if you are going to use a power sander - OMG, you destroyer of worlds, you.

You got three tenners for a DVD of Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris? They say there's a price for everything on ebay, but that's crazy.

Now, trendie,
I disagree with SOC about traders being born, not made ( I don't disagree with him about anything about trading itself actually and he is a cracking good trader). Traders can be one or the other or both in my opinion. Just as price can go up, down or sideways or all three simultaneously.
Seriously when bids and/or asks are pulled raised or reduced without trades printing off, what would you say the price was doing? C Ye O F what I mean? That is the Truth of it. A Fact as I tell no lies. Ever.
This is because I know nothing of anything, so how can I ever lie? I ask ye, all of ye, this but as my Ukranian Tractor friend says, he who harvests must separate the wheat from the chaff all akross the planes (and they are ruining the sky with their e-mission statements) of the Cor-Cor-Sus and since none of ye are true harvesters of the market how can ye know anything, much less than my knowing of nothingness.
This is true and nothing ye say can change these Truths which were first written eons ago in the wholey books of Brian whilst he lived up a Mountagne in the deepest Dordogne near the caves of Lasca whence all Truth was painted upon its walls. Let no monkeys tell you otherwise - and there are indeed Hey Hey We're The Monkees on this sight where I see...........oh what do I see?......ye are all trying to confuse me with my $400,000 with the Water Margin needed to trade my $25k
These are indeed water chestnuts I give unto ye.
Kung Hay Fat Choy a few days late to all my Chinese friends........sorry I haven't quite got my timing of events quite rite yet but no more Monkees for me.......it is now the year of the Pig and I must move on to conquer a new pig sty.........
I thank you for letting me teach you these Truths. Dow with them as thou wilst.

Mr. Charts said:
Grant,
Do you not realise that hand sanding requires calories from carbohydrates which may have been imported from abroad, thus creating a bigger carbon footprint and ruining the planet even more effectively than the chocolate box images of overdrawn mono-dimensional Pre- Rafs ever could?
And if you are going to use a power sander - OMG, you destroyer of worlds, you.

You got three tenners for a DVD of Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris? They say there's a price for everything on ebay, but that's crazy.

Now, trendie,
I disagree with SOC about traders being born, not made ( I don't disagree with him about anything about trading itself actually and he is a cracking good trader). Traders can be one or the other or both in my opinion. Just as price can go up, down or sideways or all three simultaneously.
Seriously when bids and/or asks are pulled raised or reduced without trades printing off, what would you say the price was doing? C Ye O F what I mean? That is the Truth of it. A Fact as I tell no lies. Ever.
This is because I know nothing of anything, so how can I ever lie? I ask ye, all of ye, this but as my Ukranian Tractor friend says, he who harvests must separate the wheat from the chaff all akross the planes (and they are ruining the sky with their e-mission statements) of the Cor-Cor-Sus and since none of ye are true harvesters of the market how can ye know anything, much less than my knowing of nothingness.
This is true and nothing ye say can change these Truths which were first written eons ago in the wholey books of Brian whilst he lived up a Mountagne in the deepest Dordogne near the caves of Lasca whence all Truth was painted upon its walls. Let no monkeys tell you otherwise - and there are indeed Hey Hey We're The Monkees on this sight where I see...........oh what do I see?......ye are all trying to confuse me with my $400,000 with the Water Margin needed to trade my $25k
These are indeed water chestnuts I give unto ye.
Kung Hay Fat Choy a few days late to all my Chinese friends........sorry I haven't quite got my timing of events quite rite yet but no more Monkees for me.......it is now the year of the Pig and I must move on to conquer a new pig sty.........
I thank you for letting me teach you these Truths. Dow with them as thou wilst.

:eek: I'll have what he's having! ( apologies to "When Harry Met Sally")