Samsung Notes: update not wanted

trendie

Legendary member
hi,
My Samsung phone recently had an upgrade which I declined.
Now, I cannot access my notes.
Why am I denied access to notes if I reject an upgrade?

Are there any good, Notes apps?

PS: reason I rejected upgrade was because I had to agree to allow upgrade to access to my photos and media files.
I dont understand why I have tp give access to my photos just to write up a shopping list.
My media and photos are none of Samsungs business, surely?

I don't have Samsung but I am guessing that it is not possible to upgrade without agreeing access to those functions. In the past no permission was needed to be gained from the end user to upgrade something, now you need permission for anything and everything. What model Samsung do you have ?

I don't have Samsung but I am guessing that it is not possible to upgrade without agreeing access to those functions. In the past no permission was needed to be gained from the end user to upgrade something, now you need permission for anything and everything. What model Samsung do you have ?
A51.

OneNote, love it on a mobile device
there's evernote of course, but i just cant get into it as i can for Onenote
Will try that.
thanks

(hate all these apps that want to "connect" and "synchronize", etc.
I like my stuff silo-ised, and kept separate and distinct.)

(hate all these apps that want to "connect" and "synchronize", etc.
I like my stuff silo-ised, and kept separate and distinct.)

a dinosaur then..;)
I'd look at both. The things i found are, how organised are these notes going to be?
I have reams of backtest results, on every strategy or indicator ive created, with a notebook per strategy, a section per indicator or time period. hundreds and hundreds of pages, optimisation results and simulations.
sections for articles on non backtested strategies, with the link and pdfs of white papers. i have code snippets to use as templates when coding the backtest and have the code to every indicator and strategy and on different platforms/languages.
It really is the equivalent of a note book
i have it all to hand now. i pore over it all for hours. The other great thing is OCR. I often just take a screen shot of something, rather than writing it down..there it is when i search for it. it just saves me hours.

i couldn't begin to do that on evernote and keep it organised in the same way.
its the equivalent of writing a page in a notepad, tearing it off and then leaving it lying around somewhere to be forgotten about. BUT, that might be all that you need...

so give them both a go. but just think upfront, how you may want to use them

Last edited: