S&P 500 analysis.

Andrey-trader

Let's consider on an example how traded the current contract on s&p 500 mini futures.With the help of volume counter I look for the prices
with the maximum volumes for the contract. A principle is simple: in the beginning of the contract investors open long-term positions and that forms a trend.
After accumulation of large volume there is "working off" of prices with max volumes and strong movement.The market comes back to the prices with large volume and without "pressing them through" it "flies away".
The first prices with large volumes in the beginning of the contract: 1179 / 1250 / 1252/ 1250 / 1210.

353384.png

Chart shows all the contract that began in September:

343975.jpg

Market declined.After strong movement on sale on the prices 967 and 968 new maximum volumes for contract appeared, that means that possibly the trend may be reversed or
may also continue to decline for a long time. The market has given sales from that prices.And declined again. After that the new volume of the contract has been made on
the price 870,and that new max volume reversed the market to the previous max volume on 967-968.

348264.png

All given movements of the market are used for opening positions on "buy or sell", only when it is confirmed by intraday volume and there is an intraday-deal in the same way.

The analysis on S&P 500 mini futures.That day began changing from DEC`08 contract to MAR`09. On tis chart you can see 3 last weeks, and prices with max volumes per week.
Dark blue is the week from 1 to 7.12 with max volumes 834/835/844,5
Red week - 24-30.11 formed volumes on the 849-850 prices.
Volumes of two weeks in a narrow range.Huge volume is formed in the bottom.That pushed the market higher.
Yellow week (8-14.12) opened above this large volume that means the market is in a "buy zone".But for 3 days from monday to wednesday, unusually big volume appeared on 898/898,25/898,50.153491 lots for 3-4 days.That is about 540 million dollars only on one price.Must be a strong movement.And we have to join it
Thursday the market gave intraday deal from that price: market rebounded from 898 and went under intraday volumes.Big players reversed the market to the levels of previous weeks.
On the chart 870 and 869 are max volumes for all the contract.
335800.png

On this chart you see how happened a sell-deal from 898 level, with rebound from that price.
337848.png

Here are all intraday volumes with interval of 1 hour.Max volumes are coloured-we see how was fomed volumes for selling.
342968.png

This are max volumes per week.
340920.jpg

DECEMBER 08 contract was quite volatile wiht not as big volumes as it was in previous, but it wasn`t a problem for trading.

12/12/2008 analysis on s&p.Intraday.
It began trading on a new contract, now it forms volumes to start a nice movement that surly will be next week=)
On 12/12/2008 there was only one deal-a good oppotunity to buy in 11th hour.
To make it clear -the volume of 9th and 10th hours forms the "mood" of the market till the end of a trading session.There may be some reversing large volumes in the second half of the day-but they are easily seen.Volumes of 9th and 10th hours may be considered as a "corridor" of two prices.If market is under that prices-we are in a "sell zone", what means you shouldn`t buy=)
If market is above-we should look where to buy.
12/12/2008 max volumes per hours:
354255.png

Market "gave deal" from volume of 10th hour and max volume of the day.One important thing-before you open your position - make sure that you aren`t opening position against max volume of previous 15 min.It is a very good ensurance=)
That means we should buy above and sell below max volume of previous 15 min.

339919.png

Cutting one chart on many, with interval-an hour and their imposing against each other helps to evaluate better a current situation concerning last time periods and volumes. So that happens speculative movements.

If u dont see the volumes its hard.But on the simple chart u may pay ur attention to the places where the market stayed for making some volume and u will see that from that prices there will be good movements.
350172.jpg

338908.jpg

Last edited:
some crazy in depth analysis there my friend.........way over my head I'm afraid?!!

keep it simple is my philosophy...

I have just shorted S&P 873 ...stop loss 880 ......... target 863!!

Looks interesting, what is your current prediction for the market using this system?

target 863 my friend..............I only trade short term, day trader/ swing trader

market is too volatile for the long term as I keep telling my friends............materialise your profits as and when I see

long term I am bearish, we are in the 5th wave the downside .........but we always have corrective rallys!!

dow closing above 8322 is bullish

I have played this bottom 3 times already.........each and every trade giving me $5 every time!!

have a look at the chart.....its crazy with tremendous support at 885!

oh well 4th time lucky hey...haha

Is it a Bloomberg terminal you are using for this?

Can you post some more recent examples?

Genics -- Agreed. I`ll post a new consideration. We have a different time-zones, so it would be later.
MrGecko -- No, this is no Bloomberg.Yes, I will endeavour to post as many as possible examples.
wallstreet1928 -- Do you have any questions about trading using volume analysis?

Which platform is it?

Do you use any techniques similar to Market Profile or Market Delta?

Do you use any techniques similar to Market Profile or Market Delta? -- Used before, now understood that it superfluous.

It is a new platform which is named volfiks.
You can set any questions me on-line:
skype - podkova1988
icq - 352 217 792

Last edited:
We will consider the day of 29.01:
on January28 , day volume was formed on 869:
443329.jpg

29.01 a market was opened hereunder volumes at the end of the Asiatic session, and was for sale.On a picture it is rotined as important volumes of past days is worked :
415681.jpg

At the beginning of the American session (8.30) a market was under the level of pre-going day and we are watched sales on a trend. For an interval 8.30 - 10.30 large volumes were formed in the narrow corridor of costs of 854-857.5.THE trend was down.
403392.jpg

Green level 28.01
Brown level 27.01
All other levels are under a brown level
397248.jpg
, therefore we sell to the first support which is at brown level.
424899.jpg

Sale with stop, which is on the floor of dollar farther than corridor - 858.00, to the first level of resistance - 843.00.Sell was open in 10.34 from a market.Our income is 11 dollars.

prognosis today:idea:

_____

contract
438210.jpg

curent week
440258.jpg

last week
430018.jpg

12.01-16.01 week
427970.jpg

And also important volumes:
431042.jpg

Situation today:
441282.png

Now we see prices in the corridor of prices which interest of positions was yesterday concentrated on.(841.5-846.0).