Rockwell Trading

Interesting. Are these the results of only one day or multiple days/weeks?

And do you have updated daily results? If so, can you post the daily results here in the forum? Would be interesting to see.

Hi Dave,

This was only from one day, but have a look at this article, there you can see the results of 10 weeks:
The article also includes a link to a youtube vdo. It's the live recording of the 1st of november, when I confronted them with their losses while the only thing they do is communicate profits.

My email is also in the article. Feel free to email me if you have any further questions. Looking forward to your reaction.

Shaka,

Stirf

Stirf,

Yes, I read your article, but I am looking for daily trades.

Can you post the results of the last 3 days? Or maybe the last 3 weeks?

Dave

PS: I checked out their website (www.rockwelltrading.com) and there's a video on their homepage showing some live trades. From what I can tell it seems that they are trading a real account and made some money.

Hi Dave,

Over the past 10 weeks I've recorded about 150 to 200 trades in four markets. Before I got banned I recorded them myself. After November 1st the day I got banned I got the daily results via email from people who were still in the support room, and had the same experience like I had. You do understand that posting those 200 trades or just a part of them is quite a job. So before I'm gonna start doing that, I'd like to know what your interest is in looking at the daily results. Maybe I can answer your question without me having to post all those trades here.

The video you saw on their website was not from their "live" trading support room. What you saw was a recording of a webinar they hold once in a while. During those webinars they trade live to haul in a new flock of sheep for their slaughterhouse. An e.g. $100 loss during those webinars is just a small investment for selling two or more $500,- courses on DVD. Let alone a FOUR THOUSAND DOLLAR personal coaching program.

I trust this answer is of help to you.

Shaka,

Stirf

Hi,

I started this thread however many weeks ago as a complete newbie and I am so pleased that I didn't part with my cash, despite being very very close.

There are a few reasons for this as follows:

1) I was very sceptical about a very mechanical system that advised you to stop once the daily target was hit (or stop when you have made x amount of losses). Strange when at the same time promoting range bars where time is not relevant. To me, a set up is a set up is a set up. You may see 3 legitimate set ups one day and none for next two weeks. As was said in the review, I suspected it was done to 'keep you in the game' and keep you buying their products.

2) One of their main strategies (if I remember) is a scalping stragegy with a Risk/Reward ratio of 4-1 - thats Risk 4 for a reward of 1!! This is clearly ludicrous. I have read that the overwhelming opinion is that scalping is best left to the professionals and EVEN then they would be working towards a Risk/Reward ratio of AT THE VERY LEAST 1-1. Such a strategy is again designed to 'keep you in the game' - based on this R/R you would expect to have a lot of winners which will give you a false impression of your own abilities when in fact your 'expectation' in the long term is close to zero i.e. no profit or loss.

3) They use indicators, which I have learnt are not required. One of their main indicators is Bollinger band - which I learnt that John Bollinger himself doesn't even use!

4) I came across so much free good stuff that to date I have spent less than a hundred quid and I feel like I am in a position to start making a crack at trading on a more professional basis.

I think I have mentioned these names above and I unashamededly 'plug' the same people:

Nial Fuller (who teaches the same stuff as James16), and Phil Newton - down right honest Price Action teachers.

Well done for blowing the whistle. I sincerely hope that no one else get burnt.

Cheers,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dave,

This was only from one day, but have a look at this article, there you can see the results of 10 weeks:
The article also includes a link to a youtube vdo. It's the live recording of the 1st of november, when I confronted them with their losses while the only thing they do is communicate profits.

My email is also in the article. Feel free to email me if you have any further questions. Looking forward to your reaction.

Shaka,

Stirf

Well thanks mr Stirf for alerting me to these results.
A bad day here and there is par for the course in day trading but these are over several weeks and very frightening. Losses, always are bad but this many, is suicide to your trading account.
I don't think I'm being immodest by stating that I can do much better than these and I just use sma and momentum indicators. Nowadays, I don't know what rockwell systems are but they sure don't earn their keep do they? But I guess somebody has to pay their salaries right? So it might as well be you and you and you.

For anybody starting out or improving I'd suggest you learn for free (as I did) -there are many freebie sources via a Google search and save your money for YOUR trading . This system, clearly, does not do the business.

Not Rockwell, it looks more like Rocksick.

Hi,

I started this thread however many weeks ago as a complete newbie and I am so pleased that I didn't part with my cash, despite being very very close.

There are a few reasons for this as follows:

1) I was very sceptical about a very mechanical system that advised you to stop once the daily target was hit (or stop when you have made x amount of losses). Strange when at the same time promoting range bars where time is not relevant. To me, a set up is a set up is a set up. You may see 3 legitimate set ups one day and none for next two weeks. As was said in the review, I suspected it was done to 'keep you in the game' and keep you buying their products.

2) One of their main strategies (if I remember) is a scalping stragegy with a Risk/Reward ratio of 4-1 - thats Risk 4 for a reward of 1!! This is clearly ludicrous. I have read that the overwhelming opinion is that scalping is best left to the professionals and EVEN then they would be working towards a Risk/Reward ratio of AT THE VERY LEAST 1-1. Such a strategy is again designed to 'keep you in the game' - based on this R/R you would expect to have a lot of winners which will give you a false impression of your own abilities when in fact your 'expectation' in the long term is close to zero i.e. no profit or loss.

3) They use indicators, which I have learnt are not required. One of their main indicators is Bollinger band - which I learnt that John Bollinger himself doesn't even use!

4) I came across so much free good stuff that to date I have spent less than a hundred quid and I feel like I am in a position to start making a crack at trading on a more professional basis.

I think I have mentioned these names above and I unashamededly 'plug' the same people:

Nial Fuller (who teaches the same stuff as James16), and Phil Newton - down right honest Price Action teachers.

Well done for blowing the whistle. I sincerely hope that no one else get burnt.

On a separate, but related matter, Mandy Ditmire does appear to be quite hot.

Cheers,

Mark

My compliments Mark,

Realy great analysis! It is important to realize that in the first place you can thank yourself for not becoming a rockwell victim. You were smart enough to ask around first(y). Someting I should have done as well ...:rolleyes: On the other hand someone had to be stupid enough to stick around with them for 12 months to uncover the full scam. The good thing is that I can warn others, like you and I'm glad to be of assistance :)!
Shaka,

Stirf

Hi Dave,

This was only from one day, but have a look at this article, there you can see the results of 10 weeks.

Stirf,

You say that you have been with them for 12 months, but you only have the "results" for 10 weeks and 1 day???

BTW: I received an email from Rockwell yesterday with the recording to their latest webinar.
Pretty interesting, and it seems they are trading a real account. Here's the link: http://www.rockwelltrading.com/blog/2010/12/01/live-trading-webinar-december-1st-2010/

Dave

I'm with Dave, it seems like you're trying to slant things your way to fit your agenda and this "Manifesto" of yours. You say "look at me", when the trades I saw in the webinar (and others) are legit.

I've learned a lot from Rockwell.

Scott

Dave my friend,

I already admitted that it took me a while to disclose the scam. Yes that was pretty dumb of me, no need to confront me with that again.

About the webinar. That is the second time you posted it, but again I will explain it to you: The video you saw on their website was NOT from their "live" trading support room. What you saw was a recording of a webinar they hold once in a while. During those webinars they trade live to haul in a new flock of sheep for their slaughterhouse. An e.g. $100 loss during those webinars is just a small investment for selling two or more $500,- courses on DVD. Let alone a FOUR THOUSAND DOLLAR personal coaching program.

Apart from this Dave:
- You joined this forum on December 1st 2010
- You haven’t made one single post on any of all the other threads
- Out of the thousands of threads there are on this forum you came straight to the Rockwell thread.
- Out of the almost 100 posts on this thread, you “accidentally” started to counter attack my post.
- Not only had your second post a slight scent of a Rockwell ad, but your third one did as well.

It seems “Dave489” you are on a mission. Maybe Rockwell has a nice FOUR THOUSAND dollar personal coaching program for you on “how not to blow my cover in a few days”:cheesy:. Being a Rockwell staff member should get you a nice discount from Markus Heitkoetter. The same goes for “mini-maniac”. He probably learned how to deal with losses each day.

I rest my case.

Shaka:cool:,

Stirf

well,well well, you don't have to be a Lieutenant Columbo to work out what is going on here, do you? But it does seem that to work in RWT you have to wear his dirty raincoat. Instead of taking your clients to the cleaners, perhaps you should get yourself a full service wash.
Just how naive do you think the readers are?
It seems to me that you guys are digging a bigger hole for yourselves and throwing much more fuel on the fire. Still as the saying goes, "the guilty always talk too much."

Stirf, let me see if I got it right:

If somebody posts here and agrees with you, he gets a pat on the back. If I have a different opinion, I get mocked by you and your buddies. Hmmmm...... :confused:

I found this thread because I did some research on Rockwell Trading. Reading through this thread I noticed that T2W members had different experiences: tammyd459, MarketMoverTrader and alever find the Rockwell stuff useful - and therefore get mocked - while TonyQ and you think that Rockwell is a scam.

After reading the article on your website I went to the Rockwell site, because I wanted to see the "scam" for myself. But I couldn't find any videos that claimed results of their trading room. All I found was the recording of their recent webinar which I found interesting, because they were trading a live account. No deception there.

So I decided to do some more research, and here are the results:

If you search the web for "rockwell trading scam", only Stirf's article and posts come up. Stirf, I assume you are also known as Frits, FritsTrader, Frits A. and Frits Altenburg, correct?

Besides some affiliate sites with positive reviews, I also found this webpage: http://www.shopperapproved.com/certificates/www.rockwelltrading.com/

Apparently this website gathers feedback from actual paying Rockwell customers, and there are only ONE 1-star rating and ONE 2-star rating. Stirf and TonyQ, it seems you already voted, right? ;)

Stirf, initially I believed your "findings." But now I'm wondering if you are not just a disgruntled customer or maybe even ex-employee of Rockwell with your own personal agenda. You keep posting the same link over and over again and ask people to contact you. Are you trying to build a list to sell your own system?

I am surprised to see that Trade2Win allows you to use this forum for your rant.

Anyhow, this concludes my last post on this topic. No need to waste more time.

Good luck, everybody!

Dave

PS: Stirf, assuming that everybody who decides NOT to join you in your "crusade" is a Rockwell employee is paranoid. Therefore I don't even bother responding to the ridiculous accusations in your latest post. Get a life!

Over and out.

You gotta be kidding me! that shopperapproved website is members only and RWT could have taken out a whole truckload of "members." I think the give-away is the fact that it is full of 5 star ratings but you have to be a member to provide that rating. Nobody in the real world pays to write up a rating on a product they have purchased!! You are really naive to think the readers are that naive.
For goodness sake, not even God gets 5 stars from everyone. You should have read the advice given on that same website ...........

"#1 - Shoppers Expect Variance
When customers are looking to buy something, they actually expect to see some variance in the ratings. If all the ratings are perfect, then they become suspicious, and question the legitimacy of the ratings.
In reality, the occasional negative review adds value by establishing authenticity with the buyer. It also helps new customers affirm that other customers have examined and resolved any concerns before making a decision."
This "Ratings" website is so phoney, I can smell the Bull sh1te from here.

So, if you have a PR manager there at RWT, he aint doing his job that well. However, given the true results of the "Live" Trading room that is no surprise at all as the PR is as bad as the results therein.

Face up to it, you probably had a good run in the past but the game has now changed and your systems, amongst hundreds of others, just don't do it anymore. They fail far too often to make an overall profit. And well you know it.

Day Trading has been overwhelmed by the big boys and their expensive, automated trading software.
Unless you are able to manipulate the electronic trading market with huge plays, you are just another dumbass sucker. I know, I've been there, lost to them and dropped Day Trading like a white hot rock. Therefore, it is wicked and devious of you to now to lure in more dumbass suckers with flashy Videos and phoney presentations and I am with Stirf because you are refusing to speak the truth.
Even about those fraudulent "LIve" Trades.
So,just why doesn't the Expert Trader actually place any "LIVE" Orders in YOUR LIVE TRADING ROOM?

Is it because he knows the RWT Strategies don't work? That certainly is the conclusion that I make.

LOL - This is hilarious!

You paid $300 for a few DVDs and expected to become a trading millionaire?

And you tried to get rich shadow-trading somebody?

I really hate to be the one that's breaking the news to you, but learning how to trade takes more than just a DVD or an eBook. Ask any professional trader, and they will tell you that it takes years until you start making money with trading.

Joe

Where did he say he was expecting to get rich?

Presumably the people running the room had years of experience. If they, themselves, weren't profitable, and if they were misreporting the results as profitable, then, it seems to me that this is a very good reason to conclude that there is a scam happening.

Last edited:
I'm not getting involved in this Rockwell discussion. I know a bit about them and once I tried one of their strategies for myself in simulation for a bit, but I don't feel strongly about them either way.

I just disagree highly that any 'professional trader' will tell you it takes YEARS to start making money with trading. That was not my experience at all. If you learn the right things from the right people (other successful traders), then why can't you get it right from early on. It's just unfortunate that most traders spend years losing money before they do those 2 things.

Also, there's a big difference betreen a professional trader and a successfult trader. There shouldn't be, but often the professionals aren't successful, or as successful as you'd imagine a 'professional' to be.

I note that you, yourself, are promoting a trading educational package, MarketMoverTrader.

Can you tell me what is in your package that is not already available FOC from T2W, amongst others?
I note also that it appears to have a Multi Level Marketing approach with its Independent Distributors, Independent Traders, a $2020 lump sum to join then a monthly $150 access pass charge on top. That's rather a lot of money to find without, it appears, a specific money back guarantee.
It has to be a really super training course to cover those costs each and every month.

I'm not promoting it. I use it and I blog about it, but I've never really actively promoted it, especially not on T2W. I have recommended, it if I'm asked about it or about what I do, but that's only because I would recommend it to my own mother, because it has worked well for me.
But only because you're asking, I find it is pretty good, or even super, and I cover my costs every month with ease. There's no money-back guaruntee, because how can you guaruntee one's trading results? Not possible with this type of product I guess. And I made that $2000 quite easily. It's an educational platform, and I decided to pay for some education, and I went with MMT. I've found the education very effective, but that's my own humble experience.

Great site MarketMover. Nice pics of a private jet, multi million dollar yacht, etc. Nevertheless MarketMover if it works for you that's great:)!

I must admit that I have not seen you actively promote it all. But in general it is so sad to see that for every real trader there are about ten sales people in this business claiming to be a trader (n)...

Thanks. That's the company's site, not mine. I find the trading education is working for me, not really into the business-promoting side of it, although other traders are.

I joined T2W to discuss trading, but I have found that I have had a lot of good trading discussions with members here. I personally haven't felt bombarded by sales pitches from anyone so far. I think if anyone tries that sort of thing everyone else sees right through it and heckles them off fairly quickly.

There are times and places to promote businesses onn the internet, but I don't think forums like this are one of them.

Money talks, bull**** walks, anyone who wants to try and promote / recommend etc any trading educational blarb, trading systems, super indicators etc etc should open their sales pitch / advice by offering to show us their live trading account and a minimum of their last 2 years worth of actual live trades. I doubt that anyone would do it, we all know why dont we. The problem is that there are so many people out there that actually take these bull****ters on face value in the hope that it might just work. Keep up the good work Frits, if you only help 1 new timer a week to avoid getting duped you are doing a good job.