Rockwell Trading

Your points are well thought out and do make sense to me.

I guess I should mention that I studied futures trading for many months before trading live. I had my own ideas on trading strategies and a basic trading plan before signing up with RWT. Also, I did not study their whole course as many sections of their material were not important to me, I already had my own opinion on these topics so, I didn't need theirs.

I agree that selling stuff based on false results is fraud, I just don't see the false results, perhaps I have not taken the time to analyze each and every trade they make and each and every video they produce.

All I know is that I like the "feel" of the information they have passed on to me. Sounds weird perhaps but, any information that I take in, whether it is free from the web, purchased from companies like RWT or from books that I have purchased (which I have spent ALOT of money on ) I take this information and process it all the same. I take what I believe in, analyze it and decide if it's something that I believe will work for me and my trading style and my personality for that matter.

Also, my idea of "very successful" may differ from yours or someone elses so, I should have probably defined that in my earlier posts. I am positive on a regular basis. I'm not making a living off trading but, I'm not losing money either. For someone who has only been live trading for 3 months, I consider this "very successful"

Could I have don't this without buying a relatively cheap course from RWT? Who knows, probably but, I think the information I have taken from them has definitely had merit for me.

I'm really sorry that you feel scammed by them. It sucks to feel like you have wasted time and money, I definitely know how that feels.

Best of luck Frits. :)

Thanks for your message Tammy.

I did take the time to analyze their actual results and compared that with what they communicated. As you might have read in my story the difference between actual and communicated added up to more than $3250 PER CONTRACT IN ONLY FOR WEEKS.

I'm glad to hear you're making money with your own input. And me feeling scammed by them, that's passed tense. I guess someone had to be as stupid as me to stick around with them that long to discover the full scam. But I believe there is always a reason for things to happen. Like in this case I get to warn other people to stay away from Rockwell Trading and everything that has a smell of Markus Heikoetter and his gang.

*shaka*:cool:

Re: Trading Courses/Seminars

My advice is to stay far, far away from the cowboys that want you to become a profitable day trader by teaching you their strategies. Ask yourself this question:"if I had a winning strategy, would I sell it over the internet or via webinars, etc."? Them teaching you is like they want you as a competitor on their entry and exit levels… Weird…

So far the only exception for me has been Larry Williams who actually posts his results on his site for everyone to see!

I've been a victim (or a horse's ass) myself from the Rockwell Trading Scam.
I trust this helps!

Frits

I've been with Rockwell for a while now and I've adapted their stuff to suit me and am very happy with it. Of all the material that's out there I found there's honest and refreshing. No false promises just cold hard facts.

I'm with you on this one Frits, don't lets get distracted, facts are facts and numbers do not lie. RWT is selling itself as a TEACHER, and to TEACH you they say you can pay 97 bucks a month to attend their LIVE TRADING ROOM, fact one: this is not a live trading room, thats misrepresentation to obtain your 97 bucks. if someone did that to you in a shop or in the street they would be stealing from you.

fact 2: having been in that room for a while and trying to find the good in something I continued to follow their strategies (and losing money). I stopped and re assessed and developed my own system (that I aint sharing or selling to anyone). Both Tammy and now alever agree that their systems don't work because they both had to adapt their systems. Why don't RWT just come out and say "come on give us your money even though we know our systems are not profitable, and we'll teach you how to accept your losses"? That would be honest and refreshing.

The sad fact 3 is that we are all in the same boat, chasing the golden pot at the end of the rainbow, and getting ripped off along the way whilst we are still a little green. thankfully I got through that stage and am on to better trading now. What I do want to try and do is help the unsuspecting people (like I was) not to waste their money on Rockwell Trading and the likes of them. there is nothing that they are selling you that you can't find for free on the internet. the best advice if you are starting trading is to get on these forums and pick everyones brains then design your own trading system.

Your points are well thought out and do make sense to me.

I guess I should mention that I studied futures trading for many months before trading live. I had my own ideas on trading strategies and a basic trading plan before signing up with RWT. Also, I did not study their whole course as many sections of their material were not important to me, I already had my own opinion on these topics so, I didn't need theirs.

I agree that selling stuff based on false results is fraud, I just don't see the false results, perhaps I have not taken the time to analyze each and every trade they make and each and every video they produce.

All I know is that I like the "feel" of the information they have passed on to me. Sounds weird perhaps but, any information that I take in, whether it is free from the web, purchased from companies like RWT or from books that I have purchased (which I have spent ALOT of money on ) I take this information and process it all the same. I take what I believe in, analyze it and decide if it's something that I believe will work for me and my trading style and my personality for that matter.

Also, my idea of "very successful" may differ from yours or someone elses so, I should have probably defined that in my earlier posts. I am positive on a regular basis. I'm not making a living off trading but, I'm not losing money either. For someone who has only been live trading for 3 months, I consider this "very successful"

Could I have don't this without buying a relatively cheap course from RWT? Who knows, probably but, I think the information I have taken from them has definitely had merit for me.

I'm really sorry that you feel scammed by them. It sucks to feel like you have wasted time and money, I definitely know how that feels.

Best of luck Frits. :)

Hi Tammy,

Happened to see you in the Rockwell "Live" trading support room. Can't say too much about that coz it will blow my cover, but what a great day it was!

- ES trades:
1st -7 ticks -87.5
2nd +7 ticks +87.5
3rd -8 ticks -100

- G6E (€/$) trades
1st trade -12 ticks -150

- YM (dow jones) trades
1st trade -14 ticks -70
2nd trade -16 ticks -80
3rd trade +4 ticks +20

Total loss of 380 with 7 trades. Including brokerage that means about -$415 per contract. Looking at your remarks in the room you sound just like me about 3 to 6 months ago. Complete tunnel vision and all what Rockwell is saying is right. I'm telling you as a friend. Wake up and stay away from them!

Trade well! Read my story again, it is there for your advantage!
http://www.targetwns.nl/index.php?w...ll&id=1288362795&archive=&start_from=&ucat=11

Trade well!

Thanks Rallycar and Stirf for your feed back on RWT. I was with RWT on demand courses only for a month so i didn't get chance to evaluate their strategies. But after reading your posts i feel that i have escaped from their scam.

Re: New to trading

If you are new, be aware of scams like these!
Stirf

Seeing your post once could be informative. Twice is disconcerting. More than twice is quite annoying. Start your own thread, but quit posting the same thing all over the place.

Thanks for emailing me Satya! The link to the full story about the Rockwell Trading Scam is already on this thread. A few days ago I also posted the live recording of me uncovering their scam during their webinar of November 1st 2010 . You can find it here on youtube:
Feel free to forward the story and/or the vdo to your trading buddies (y)! If you have any questions, my email is in the article and the vdo so feel free to contact me.

Shaka,

Stirf

Re: New to trading

Hi Howard!

You could be right:). It's just that I realy want to prevent people from having the same experience I had with Rockwell Trading. Starting my own thread might be a good idea, thanks for the advice(y)!

Shaka,

Stirf

Thanks for emailing me Satya! The link to the full story about the Rockwell Trading Scam is already on this thread. A few days ago I also posted the live recording of me uncovering their scam during their webinar of November 1st 2010 . You can find it here on youtube:
Feel free to forward the story and/or the vdo to your trading buddies (y)! If you have any questions, my email is in the article and the vdo so feel free to contact me.

Shaka,

Stirf

Do you have video of any of their failed trades which they later claimed were profitable?

To pboyles.

Hi pboyles,

Thanks for your reply:)! They just don’t show their losing trades! I wrote it down in my post on the internet as well, but in short it comes down to this.

Over the week (Mon. through Thu.) they trade in their “live trading support room”. By the way, I haven’t seen one, no not ONE live trade during my twelve month experience with them. They just mark entry and exit points on the chart, you see something of that in the vdo. Anyways during that week they do have winning trades, but in the end their losses are always bigger than the profits.

At the end of the week (Saturday) they send you the week in review. In that review they skip about 90% of the losing trades they had that week. So unless you record all of their trades (like I did) you think they made a profit that week! You can read in the article that the difference between what they actually realized and what they communicate in their week in review adds up to more then $3250,- per contract in just four weeks! This is excluding brokerage, which will make the difference only bigger.

So it’s not a matter of failing trades which they claim to be profitable. They just don’t show their losses. And when I confronted them with that (see vdo) I got banned.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me. My email is in the vdo and in the article as well.

Shaka(y),

Stirf

Re: Beginners and seminars/coaches

Especially if you're new to the business watch out for scams!

We need to put an end to the practices of such companies!

Shaka,

Stirf

Nice post Stirf.(y)

It seems there are more scammers than genuine trainers. The industry is not properly regulated and it's easy to start training traders. The best way for proper trainers would be if they can provide a record of at least 3 years consistently profitable trading.

PS I can't see banks employing a trader without checking their trading record. Why should the training be any different? - IMO it would be beneficial to successful traders who like to get some income from training as well. Also it would help the trainees to choose the right trainer.

Last edited:
OK I understand, I was watching it on my iPhone so I couldn't really see what was on the screen. I did notice how it went quiet and then they booted you out.

I seem to recall the SEC prosecuted a company for faking trading room results, must have a look for you. I will post if I find the case.

LOL - This is hilarious!

I have been following T2W for a while, and there's a lot of useful information. However, THIS "review" of Rockwell Trading seems to be a joke.

Guys, do you think you are the THREE AMIGOS saving the villagers from the evil bandits?

3-Amigos-295x300.jpg

You say that their trading room is "not even on the playstation simulator", yet you stayed for twelve months???

You paid $300 for a few DVDs and expected to become a trading millionaire?

And you tried to get rich shadow-trading somebody?

I really hate to be the one that's breaking the news to you, but learning how to trade takes more than just a DVD or an eBook. Ask any professional trader, and they will tell you that it takes years until you start making money with trading.

If you think you wasted your money on the DVDs you bought, why don't you simply ask for your money back?

Just my 2 cents,

Joe

Re: Beginners and seminars/coaches

Nice post Stirf.(y)

It seems there are more scammers than genuine trainers. The industry is not properly regulated and it's easy to start training traders. The best way for proper trainers would be if they can provide a record of at least 3 years consistently profitable trading.

PS I can't see banks employing a trader without checking their trading record. Why should the training be any different? - IMO it would be beneficial to successful traders who like to get some income from training as well. Also it would help the trainees to choose the right trainer.

Thanks Bedsit, appreciate your compliment!

I was very green about 2 years ago in day trading futures. I made a mistake, but I can't turn back time. Only thing I can do now is to keep others far away from scams like the Rockwell Trading one. In doing so I can use all the help I can get. So feel free to forward the URL of the vdo and the online article to your trading buddies.

I know better now and asking yourself one simple question should do the trick:"why would anyone sell his profitable strategy"? That's like encouraging your competition on your entry and exit levels!

I fully agree on your point about the trading record!

Shaka,

Stirf

LOL - This is hilarious!

I have been following T2W for a while, and there's a lot of useful information. However, THIS "review" of Rockwell Trading seems to be a joke.

Guys, do you think you are the THREE AMIGOS saving the villagers from the evil bandits?

3-Amigos-295x300.jpg

You say that their trading room is "not even on the playstation simulator", yet you stayed for twelve months???

I really hate to be the one that's breaking the news to you, but learning how to trade takes more than just a DVD or an eBook. Ask any professional trader, and they will tell you that it takes years until you start making money with trading.

If you think you wasted your money on the DVDs you bought, why don't you simply ask for your money back?

Just my 2 cents,

Joe

So you'd prefer we just keep quiet about it and allow other people to fall for the same thing?

Great first post by the way, I'm sure your mocking will endear you to all here.

OK I understand, I was watching it on my iPhone so I couldn't really see what was on the screen. I did notice how it went quiet and then they booted you out.

I seem to recall the SEC prosecuted a company for faking trading room results, must have a look for you. I will post if I find the case.

Hi pboyles,

Thanks for your reply. Anything that helps to prevent scams like these from happening is very welcome! Don't hesitate to forward the vdo and the link to the online article!

Shaka,

Stirf

LOL - This is hilarious!

3-Amigos-295x300.jpg

Just my 2 cents,

Joe

Hi Joe,

Lucky there are people like you whom with their great intelligence are able to save the world:clap:! The way you got in that pic of the three amigos is already amazing! Unfortunately, with my peanut size brain I can only dream about your great deeds!

Keep up the good work Joe, you are my super hero:rambo:!

Shaka,

Stirf

- ES trades:
1st -7 ticks -87.5
2nd +7 ticks +87.5
3rd -8 ticks -100

- G6E (€/$) trades
1st trade -12 ticks -150

- YM (dow jones) trades
1st trade -14 ticks -70
2nd trade -16 ticks -80
3rd trade +4 ticks +20

Total loss of 380 with 7 trades. Including brokerage that means about -$415 per contract.

Interesting. Are these the results of only one day or multiple days/weeks?

And do you have updated daily results? If so, can you post the daily results here in the forum? Would be interesting to see.