The Robin Hood Mechanical Forex Trading System

The Robin Hood Mechanical Forex Trading System - Everyone Should Try It!

I got an email regarding this today so just wanted to give everyone a heads up. A Forex Trading System is being given out for FREE. You can always try it on a demo account and then on a real account. I think its only for a limited time so don't know much details but check it out:

The Robin Hood Mechanical Forex System

The Robin Hood Mechanical Forex Trading System - Everyone Should Try It!

I received an email about this system yesterday. Hadn't heard much about it, but they are giving it out for free for a limited time. Later on, they will probably make it paid, but download it before it becomes paid atleast so you can have it for free. Seems pretty decent system. Check it out!

>> The Robin Hood Mechanical Forex System

And this is from a bloke that hangs out in the woods with other men and they all dress in tights. Right.

I got one copy, too ;) Seriously, I just want to see some of those "low cost" systems to see how they are built, and check out how he do work ;) After all... there are some nice tools around for backtesting.

It is a simple "dual Stochastic" system (using two Stochastic) on a 1 minute chart (which is slow enough), together with some stop and profit target. It is optimized for GBP/USD.

It is full of advertising for some brokers (hence free?) and is really simple - they do not say "Stochasticlike that", they show one how to set that up on MT4 (MetaTrader) step by step ;)

Tons of marketing - reads like a sales pitch for trading, not an explanation of a system.

What I REALLY like:
* Stop Loss 35 pip
* Profit Target is when the faster of the two stochastic goes oversold.

The examples have profits significantly lower than the stop loss (i.e. first exampleat 12 pips). That would need a SIGNIFICANT high percentage to work out.

I really like it because it is exactly what I expected, and I did not even have to pay for it. I nver looked at those cheap things ;) So, this is a good chance to see.... how some people say not to do it. Baktesting should be interesting. I dont think it should work at all, but will need to get home first to try out (so give me some days). I will play around with the core concept and try out some filters (breakout, swing on lower end of a trading range, trailing stop) and see how that works out.

Personally... I think it is NOT going to work ;) But I am really open to... any... surprises here ;)

I got one copy, too ;) Seriously, I just want to see some of those "low cost" systems to see how they are built, and check out how he do work ;) After all... there are some nice tools around for backtesting.

It is a simple "dual Stochastic" system (using two Stochastic) on a 1 minute chart (which is slow enough), together with some stop and profit target. It is optimized for GBP/USD.

It is full of advertising for some brokers (hence free?) and is really simple - they do not say "Stochasticlike that", they show one how to set that up on MT4 (MetaTrader) step by step ;)

Tons of marketing - reads like a sales pitch for trading, not an explanation of a system.

What I REALLY like:
* Stop Loss 35 pip
* Profit Target is when the faster of the two stochastic goes oversold.

The examples have profits significantly lower than the stop loss (i.e. first exampleat 12 pips). That would need a SIGNIFICANT high percentage to work out.

I really like it because it is exactly what I expected, and I did not even have to pay for it. I nver looked at those cheap things ;) So, this is a good chance to see.... how some people say not to do it. Baktesting should be interesting. I dont think it should work at all, but will need to get home first to try out (so give me some days). I will play around with the core concept and try out some filters (breakout, swing on lower end of a trading range, trailing stop) and see how that works out.

Personally... I think it is NOT going to work ;) But I am really open to... any... surprises here ;)

How do you intend to backtest it?

Using Ninja Trader. Ir an MT4 Demo account - possibly the later (zen-fire forex is not there YET). It is a really simple mechanical system. Any software with backtest capabilities should do it ;) It is forex, so any forex broker... shall do it. A relatively short backtest (3-6 months) may be enough to crap it already.

Actually it is a NICE system for people getting into automated trading. It's complexity is only a LITTLE higher than "crossing moving averages", so it can be used as a teaching tool (for programming, or how a platform works and executes trading algorythms - note none of that needs a profitable system).

Just make sure this ‘system’ doesn’t include any black-box trading bots. There is a big business in being an introducing broker and that’s without getting into any shenanigans with what really goes on inside those black boxes. Do you really want to trust your trading capital to a bunch that just possibly may not have YOUR best interests at heart?

Plus why would you work with this when the same chappie offers a ‘more advanced’ 3X3 system (Based on GANN I suspect). LOL.

Guys/Gals, keep away from Greeks bearing gifts....

Well, it is fully disclosed.

Basically it goes like that:
* 2 stocahstics. One "slower", one faster - this is done by durations.
* When the longer one show a trend, and the shorter one reverse, go in the direction of the trend.

It really is that simple. Very nice finger food for systemtesting ;)

I really like it ;) To take it apart ;)

It was released as a pdf many months ago, have to say that for a freebie it was actually quite good, not the standard crap you get.

I use Tradestation and it doesn't take much time to program the strategy and backtest, any how, it made a profit, backtested and was quite impressed for a freebie.

Dont actually use it, as i have my own strategy that I'm happy with. Can't vouch for how it trades now as my test was based on something a while back with the same name - so who even knows if it is the same!

Be prepared to get inundated with future marketing of other systems though, the moment you signup you get yourself onto a list where you will get crap like Fap Turbo, and all the other stuff out there. No problems though, you can just unsubscribe with a link at the bottom of the emails you will start to receive!

Oh, and just a quick note, I recently received an email from a Jason Fielder, another marketer no doubt who is praying on all the traders using fourms to try and build his lists, hmmmmmm JasonFD looks suspiciously like you!

I have no problem Jason if you come on here with an honest story, but you plainly are using this for self gain - anyway - all you guys know this now - so take care, and good trading to you.

I quite like this freebie.
main reason is the way it uses Stochastics.
People have a tendency to use "overbought" and oversold" inapproprately, thinking its time to short if its OB and time to buy if its OS.
This system seems to buy into OB conditions, ans sells into OS conditions.
So it appears to break the mould.
I agree with levenitib that its a surprisingly good freebie. But you still have to understand the context of the price behaviour before trading, especially identifying rangey market or narrow ranges when you should stand aside.

(you only need to put a Stochastics on a chart, and notice how far price moves when "over 80" and "under 20". the distance price moves is disproportionate to the constrained window of the Stochs indicator.)

Backtest

I already said I had backtested it a while back when this was 1st freely distributed in order to gather people emails for marketing!

I have no problems with anyone using my Strategy / adapting it or doing whatever you like with it. I use Tradestation, not a great programmer, but non-the-less I can get things strung together. All I ask is that you don't laugh at my code, I am not a professional who lives and breathes code and is locked away in a backroom cellar with a pale face that never sees sunlight. :eek:

I have not used it for ages and can't even vouch for it working, it is supplied for your personal use and I provide no support - as ive shamefully forgoten all about it! :eek:

It is writen in TradeStation EasyLanguage - hope it helps some of you some time in starting from scratch.

Good trading to you all.

Attachments

• ROBINHOOD.ELD
    4.9 KB · Views: 355
They just give you these systems so that they have more liquidity to get out of their big volume trades... loool

Well, it is fully disclosed.

Basically it goes like that:
* 2 stocahstics. One "slower", one faster - this is done by durations.
* When the longer one show a trend, and the shorter one reverse, go in the direction of the trend.

It really is that simple. Very nice finger food for systemtesting ;)

I really like it ;) To take it apart ;)

Net,

Would you mind posting the actual Entry & Exit conditions so as to allow others to have a look "inside it" on this thread, with the goal of maybe making suggestions in an attempt to improve it.

Might be a useful learning exercise for others on here especially newbies.

Just an idea....

Chorlton

FREE Forex Trading System!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!

Everyone these days are trying to sell automated forex trading systems..don't get in the hype and buy one. They are all junk. I have tried so many of them..

Just use free ones...the BEST free one I found was Robin Hood:

It seems to work and is really good and for now, its FREE. So definitely at least download it while its FREE.

Regards