Reviving the Cows

gpudi

So I started to get interested in feeder cattle futures, but i cant find many threads with active cattle traders expressing their views. If their are any of you out their please join this thread and share your short, medium, long, or intraday views on the market. I am currently trying to trade the feeder cattle market on a simulator, but it is very slow and i feel like I am in the dark. Technicals, or at least the technicals I use dont seem to applicable here. I think that this could be true because this is one of the purer markets out their, mainly driven on good ole supply and demand. Thats what has encouraged my fascination with feeder cattle. So if any of you cattle traders are out their please shares with me how you trade this market.

Thanks

Technicals, or at least the technicals I use dont seem to applicable here. I think that this could be true because this is one of the purer markets out their, mainly driven on good ole supply and demand.

Just saw this thread and thought it was worth a revive, but sadly I can't help much. I went into the market as well a few years back, and reached much the same conclusion - and not being a farmer (or really having any great understanding of agriculture in general) it seemed like it was worth staying well clear of! That said, I'd love to read someone else's more informed thoughts.