Remote Futures Prop Firms

ddrelick

Hey Everyone,

Do any of you know of a few reputable futures prop firms that don't require capital contribution?

It seems to me that most firms out there are trying to make a decent chunk of money from training and desk fees more than trying to find quality traders. I want to avoid this by joining a TEAM that really wants individuals that can bring value within their firm. Are there any firms you know of that provide this type of environment?

Thanks!
-Dylan

Last edited:
The only real firms I know of require in-office in Chicago and those are rare. If your a discretionary trader then your operating in a risk space that is probably higher then most props are interested in taking. Plus, most real props are formed or based around some exclusive edge that the owners found.

There may be some opportunity for someone to come in and offer that -- I'd like to see that too. But they would have to be willing to operate in a higher risk space.

Hey Everyone,

Do any of you know of a few reputable futures prop firms that don't require capital contribution?

It seems to me that most firms out there are trying to make a decent chunk of money from training and desk fees more than trying to find quality traders. I want to avoid this by joining a TEAM that really wants individuals that can bring value within their firm. Are there any firms you know of that provide this type of environment?

Thanks!
-Dylan

Hey Everyone,

Thanks!
-Dylan

<<IGNORE>>

I misread the title - did not realise it was remote.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks!
-Dylan

Where are you in the world?

There's plenty of legit props around. Where are you looking for them?

In terms of fees, you should not have to shell out money from your own pocket. Run a mile if you get asked fot that.

On the other hand, there are props out there that 'pad' their share with transaction fees but really - their money, their rules - it's still better than trying to make 10 points per day trading 1 lot S&Ps on a $5k account. If it's higher transaction/other fees coming out of your profits, then you arew just going to have to live with that.

Where are you in the world?

There's plenty of legit props around. Where are you looking for them?

In terms of fees, you should not have to shell out money from your own pocket. Run a mile if you get asked fot that.

On the other hand, there are props out there that 'pad' their share with transaction fees but really - their money, their rules - it's still better than trying to make 10 points per day trading 1 lot S&Ps on a $5k account. If it's higher transaction/other fees coming out of your profits, then you arew just going to have to live with that.

I'm in the process of moving to either the New York/Greenwich area or the Greater Boston area. Ultimately, I really just want the opportunity to trade full-time for a team of traders that genuinely cares about the growth of their team. I have been trading capital for clients for some time now and am simply ready to make the transition to trading for myself/a firm. It's been a stressful attempt needless to say. My credentials are great (Harvard, Wall Street intern, money management) but it seems it's still tough to find what I'm looking for only because I can't release my track record due to the fact that I've only traded for clients. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: