Rejected

CalTrade

Last week, I attempted to buy Apple stock and Microsoft stock. The Apple purchase was filled, but the Microsoft was rejected. Likewise, last week, I attempted to buy BURL, and that was rejected.

Why do bids get rejected? I was thinking they'd go through.

Thank-you

There are all manner of possible reasons why your bid(s) might have been rejected.

You'll need to be a little more informative about what the bids were in more detail for us to ascertain the reasons in specific cases. Most likely, there was no matching seller at that bid price or your bid was an invalid increment of your broker's permitted price points.

:)

Last week, I attempted to buy Apple stock and Microsoft stock. The Apple purchase was filled, but the Microsoft was rejected. Likewise, last week, I attempted to buy BURL, and that was rejected.

Why do bids get rejected? I was thinking they'd go through.

Thank-you
The price is only guaranteed if the broker can fill it at the market. During times of high volatility they might quote you one price then by the time you press buy / sell the price market has changed. Usually the price fluctuates around a level so you might want to set a limit order at the price you were prepared to enter then wait a few moments for the price to come to you instead of you chasing the price.