Recommendation for Real-time financial news on internet?

traderindie79

Hi, what way or website do you recommend to get real time financial news, primarily for stock trading but I think, just general financial news is important. When I say "real-time," I mean like, just run a headline, (maybe a short sentence?), "Fed Rev says looking forward to rate increase." (This is just an example.)

I found that a lot of news website (Yahoo finance, Google business etc) has long articles and more importantly, it takes too much time to write an article. By the time the article is online, it is old news. So I figure I need a way to get news in real-time and fast for my day trading for stocks and general financial news.

I would prefer free service, but, I will consider paid service as well, just whichever works better. Thanks.

I 'am looking for the same stuff. I have not found somethig interesting yet. Altough I found already processed financial news (by a sentiment analysis algorithm), I would like to find original news to plug them into other algorithms.
Do you intend to read them by yourself ?

I 'am looking for the same stuff. I have not found somethig interesting yet. Altough I found already processed financial news (by a sentiment analysis algorithm), I would like to find original news to plug them into other algorithms.
Do you intend to read them by yourself ?

I am not sure what you mean, but I intend to read this news by myself. I have not found anything I think useful. I don't understand this. There are so many people doing day trading and short term stock trading. They all need this kind of real time news. Where do they get their real time news?

Hi, what way or website do you recommend to get real time financial news, primarily for stock trading but I think, just general financial news is important. When I say "real-time," I mean like, just run a headline, (maybe a short sentence?), "Fed Rev says looking forward to rate increase." (This is just an example.)

I found that a lot of news website (Yahoo finance, Google business etc) has long articles and more importantly, it takes too much time to write an article. By the time the article is online, it is old news. So I figure I need a way to get news in real-time and fast for my day trading for stocks and general financial news.

I would prefer free service, but, I will consider paid service as well, just whichever works better. Thanks.

I imagine since you listed Yahoo and Google, that you are interested in a free service. Why would one get financial news from Google or Yahoo anyway? Why such a service would be offered for free is beyond me; however, I do know of a services but they do cost. I prefer the service in blue.
...............................Non Pro......................Pro
Dow Jones
North America................$115......................$115
Global..........................$214......................$214

Thomson Reuters
Reuters Worldwide..............$7........................$55

MT Newswires
North America (NO API).......$33.75.....................$33.75
North America (API)........$1,000.....................$1,000

The Fly
No API.............................$21.........................$21
API...............................$600........................$600

À la carte services
Hammerstone Markets.......................$90.00/month
Estimize.......................$30.00/month
ETFguide.......................$29.99/month
Morningstar.......................$14.18/month
Argus.......................$25.00/month

I imagine since you listed Yahoo and Google, that you are interested in a free service. Why would one get financial news from Google or Yahoo anyway? Why such a service would be offered for free is beyond me; however, I do know of a services but they do cost. I prefer the service in blue.

Because I am new and the only news sites I know are those free services.
That was good information (and a lot!). Thanks. What is the difference between professional and non-pro? What is API? Do they offer a free trial period? I was shopping for a software for getting real time stock quote and found that, having a free trial period was very helpful. You could actually try it and see if it's suitable for you.

Because I am new and the only news sites I know are those free services.
That was good information (and a lot!). Thanks. What is the difference between professional and non-pro?

This question is a bit complicated as there are many criteria, which can or may not be interrelated.

Professional
A) Any investment company which has to register with SEC.
B) Any company, which manages $10 million or more in assets.
C) Any individual who works for a company listed in section A).
D) Any individual who holds certain licenses, even if said person is a self-directed trader (trading for himself only)

Non-professional
Anyone who does not meet any of these criteria.

I have probably left a few things out.

What is API?

Again, that is a bit complicated. It stands for application program interface. A set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications. The API specifies how software components should interact and APIs are used when programming graphical user interface (GUI) components. A good API makes it easier to develop a program by providing all the building blocks. A programmer then puts the blocks together.

The brokerage firm usually offers an API or you can create your own for use in a front-end application which talks directly to their servers and/or the exchanges. In this case, if you have your application, they allow you connect directly to them.

Do they offer a free trial period?

I have noticed that most of them offer a 14-day free trial period.

I was shopping for a software for getting real time stock quote and found that, having a free trial period was very helpful. You could actually try it and see if it's suitable for you.

Have you tried looking at cityfalcon financial news?
I am using the gold plan very reasonable and I have shared the watchlist. They also provide API. Excellent service and very easy to use.
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 3.00.15 pm.png

Even with real-time financial news, you will still be late to the game. People react to the news immediately, some publication is going to write about it and publish it for the next 15 minutes. Even if you got this publication immediately you'd still be 15 minutes behind.