Recommend a fx broker thanks!

joelong

Hi all. I'm new to trading and need help choosing an FX broker. I enjoyed using SaxoTrader but they charge 10USD per trade (20 for roundtrip) and that is quite expensive given that I intend to start small (1000GBP). Their charts and technical tools are great though.

I did try looking at a few others like plus500 and 4xp but they do not have monthly charts and I am unable to draw lines on their charts.

So I was wondering if you could recommend an FX broker with low spreads but with good charts as well.

TL:DR
Can anyone recommendan an FX broker with low spreads but with good charts as well. Working out of the UK.

Many thanks!

I recommend having a look at the brokers listed on the zulu website.
Choose a FSA regulated one. Not some jokers in Nigeria etc.

I recommend alpari.co.uk
You can open a demo account and also mini account for practising with few money.
When chosing a broker look for an ecn broker and do not trade with a market maker. MMs make their own prices and can manipulate your trades! They always bet against YOU (customer!!). Its mad, but it is true. You recognize ecn brokers at their five digit quotes (e.g. EUR/USD 1.30538 instead of only 1.3053)
Regards
Thomas
Easy Trading Blog

I've just joined Oanda for a demo account. Looks good and is indefinate.

I trade for a living so need a good broker. I have been with GKFX for a while in the UK. Lately they have expanded and upgraded their systems. I hardly ever get any requotes, they are so rare that if i do its a huge suprise. They are great with withdrawals and I think still have a brilliant starting bonus which is great when you are beginning as you will make many mistakes and its with their money.

based on what you have said, you are looking for a simple non UK based broker that has the MN (monthly charts on it), well I do not know lots of brokers, but I do trade with hotforex, you can check them out, tight spreads on majors though they have a tendency to widen during news outbreak or low liquidity and that much is a given. Zulu is there to. and keep us posted and best of luck. I'd avoid less known brokers and just be sure when choosing a broker they allow scalping, I was caught off gaurd once and i paid the price :D :D

Check Armada Markets. They have all you needed requirements. Very decent broker. They have Welcome account with some bonus money, which has the same trading conditions as Live account.

Check Armada Markets. They have all you needed requirements. Very decent broker. They have Welcome account with some bonus money, which has the same trading conditions as Live account.

Are you still using them. If yes please share your experience with Armada Markets

I applied to Activ traders and FXCM. Neither like small accounts - very snooty !!

Do use a properly regulated broker for some comeback if there are problems - not some bucket shop in the middle of nowhere.

Worldspreads........(what ?!!)

sorry all .......I wont recommend a broker these days ..........as I use to favour the guys above and look what happened there

sooo..........its a very very sensitive subject here at T2W .........

N

Hello fellow traders - I'm a newbie to the forum so please excuse any faux pas. I work with a UK based Brokerage/Fund Manager and am looking for ways to attract new clients to our book and would be really grateful for any tips that you can provide. (I also trade Equities, CFDs, Options on a personal basis). Ultimately we operate in a regulated environment and predominantly work on an Introducer basis with a large number firms; simply providing our clients with access to a % of institutional rates. We also offer service bolt-ons such as a range of Model/Managed portfolio solutions. Any tips welcome - thx in advance. JG

I applied to Activ traders and FXCM. Neither like small accounts - very snooty !!

Hi Pat,

I'm sorry we gave you this impression :eek:

As with any market, when trading forex or CFDs, your capital is at risk. It's important to stick with an amount that you're comfortable trading. With FXCM UK, you can opening a spread betting account with as little as £50. If that still interests you, please email me at [email protected], and I'll make sure one of my colleagues in our client services department follows up with you to provide you with the support you need. Also, feel free to hit me up with questions anytime in FXCM's spread betting discussion thread.

Jason

Hello fellow traders - I'm a newbie to the forum so please excuse any faux pas. I work with a UK based Brokerage/Fund Manager and am looking for ways to attract new clients to our book and would be really grateful for any tips that you can provide. (I also trade Equities, CFDs, Options on a personal basis). Ultimately we operate in a regulated environment and predominantly work on an Introducer basis with a large number firms; simply providing our clients with access to a % of institutional rates. We also offer service bolt-ons such as a range of Model/Managed portfolio solutions. Any tips welcome - thx in advance. JG

Thank goodness - a British flagged person who is articulate and literate. Someone who can spell and construct whole sentences and paragraphs. Think I am being rude? No -just take a look at some of the posts made by persons displaying the UK flag:)

Just to update, I've been with 4xp for the last 6 months. Am pleased with the service so far.

Pros:
- no commission. just pay the bid ask
- 50% sign up bonus
- only two calls telling me that I was 'doing well' and should 'add more money' despite being break even net. politely turned them down

Cons:
- 50% bonus came with condition that I had to trade 80 lots before I could withdraw this bonus. Due to small account size ($800 + $400 bonus), I have done about 100 trades at 0.01 lots per trade. 80 lots will take an eternity. I am not complaining though - I could just lose the $400 bonus at no cost

yeah, the best thing to do is open a couple of demos with some of the brokers that you have in mind, and might as well check review sites such as forexpeace army for issue and have they been resolved or not. hotforex, exness pepperstone are some of the fast growing names, oanda is ok i guess, alpari's been gathering some issues lately and they seeem to be extra strict with scaplers. im sorry but im no fan of insta at all. and best of luckl :)

I trade the pipdaq setups using Alpari in the Forex spot market and have done for over 5 years now.

They are reliable and mostly professional! Recommended...