Real Time Forex Charts

Tim_W

Can anyone recommend web-sites for real time/end of day charting material for currencies, primarily EUR/USD.

Thanks for your help.

Trade from the Chart

www.cms-forex.com

Trade directly from the chart - Stunning - what all software should be.

Attachments

• live trading chart.jpg
    live trading chart.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 49,907
and more !! chart facilities Live

see below - just a minute feel of this great trading platform which puts you in TOTAL control - Z

Attachments

• live trading chart2.jpg
    live trading chart2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 28,622
Hello

Can anyone recommend a free real-time Forex online charting application that plots data direct from the interbank spot market, rather than plotting the Forex dealers own bid or offer prices?

For me, using the official data would seem a more accurate source to base trading decisions on.

Many thanks

jtrader

netdania.com.you can save youre settings.also see as many crosses as u like at the same time

I asked FXCM for an explanation of the datafeed for their charts and this is what they said:

The S&P Comstock feed is an indicative feed that takes a composite of bank prices and streams them in real time. The Interbank market is not exchange-based - banks and large market maker such as FXCM trade with these banks on an individual basis using a Reuters or EBS platform. Each bank shows their own bid and offer, therefore you will not see a centralized price. If you are looking for a powerful, stable charting package with a composite feed from over 200 different banks and market makers, you would find it in the eSignal Premier charts.

Is it better to trade based on a chart that displays the dealers bid price, or would it be a better and more accurate way of trading to trade using one of these "composite feeds"?

Thanks

jtrader

Trade the futures, what you see is what you get, not a manipulated market.

JonnyT

Yes JonnyT

the Globex futures, with 1.5 pip total spreads being the norm, looks like the best way to progress in the longer term. It seems a bit scary starting with a $125000 contract though :!:

Please can you recommend free sources of Forex futures online real-time charts, and also a combination of datafeed (IB?) and compatable charting packages?

Many thanks

jtrader.

Hi jtrader,

I don't think you will find free live future charts anywhere.

I use www.interactivebrokers.com which is free because I trade with them combined with www.sierrachart.com

I also have a MyTrack basic package for other data

You could run IB through QuoteTracker for free providing you have a IB account.

The $125,000 contract isn't really relevant. You are also nominally trading vast amounts using a Forex Broker. For instance most trade in $100,000 i.e $10 per pip increments

If you weren't a $0.0001 move in the Underlying wouldn't make you anything and no one would trade the market.

JonnyT

Tim_W said:
Can anyone recommend web-sites for real time/end of day charting material for currencies, primarily EUR/USD.

Thanks for your help.

The problem with retail forex brokers is that they control the prices (the bid and ask) that they give their customers and show on their charts. Because most if not all of them manipulate the price, their prices can get slightly out of line with what the interbank market is trading.

The prices that you really want to look at no matter who you're trading with (retail FX, futures, interbank) are from Electronic Broker Service (EBS). EBS is the spot platform for banks that does 1/3 of the daily spot volume at about 130 billion per day. Bloomberg pro has it, Reuters may have it, and I've heard that CQG will have it soon. There may be a cheaper chart pakage that has it, I'd check E-signal for starters. For free real time sites, I think all you are going to find is stuff that originates from retail fx brokers; better than nothing but definitely sub par.

Thanks TraderGuy

because I do not have access to live inter bank spot or EBS price data I am not really aware of the extent to which retail spot forex brokers skew their price from the underlying price. Does this happen often, how far apart can the two be, at what times/under what conditions does this occur and which retail forex brokers has anyone noticed skewing prices?

Many thanks

jtrader

Last edited:
jtrader said:
Thanks TraderGuy

because I do not have access to live inter bank spot or EBS price data I am not really aware of the extent to which retail spot forex brokers skew their price from the underlying price. Does this happen often, how far apart can the two be, at what times/under what conditions does this occur and which retail forex brokers has anyone noticed skewing prices?

Many thanks

jtrader

I've used a couple of retail forex brokers in the past but at the time I did not have EBS data. Now that I do, I trade the futures and don't look at the retail forex prices. I would think it would be common practise for the forex bucket shops to lead the real interbank spot price by a few pips during strong directional movements. I know that pretty much all of them don't like scalpers and they really don't like scalpers that use their API, if they offer one. Then there is the matter of running stops. I'm talking about brief price spikes that get out of line with the real market for just long enough to take out a bunch of stop losses. On another forum, someone posted a chart from FXCM that showed a price spike up to the 1.2330 area in the EUR/USD on the late afternoon of June 4th. We are talking 40 pips out of line at a place just perfect to take out stops from anyone who went short around the 1.2300 area. Unfortunately it was posted as a link and not a screen shot and the chart was changed the next day. Also no one ever confirmed or denied that trades were actually executed at those prices. I have a friend that has worked for a retail FX desk; I'll see him in a couple of days and ask him what goes on.

Cheers

Hi Zenda

Zenda said:
see below - just a minute feel of this great trading platform which puts you in TOTAL control - Z

I do agree this charting package is one of the best around. It's a pity their system as a whole isn't very reliable. Once they sort out their technical problems I'll be their client immediately.

cheers,

Robert.

I agree VT is the best at the moment but their reliability is ****e.

When you get a free charting package such as IB, I've found that the free data you are entitled to are just quotes and not current charts. Because of this limitation, you just can't test their software effectively with your own strategies and systems.

Anybody know a way around this?