Ray Chong

thomas

4 0
Hi
I'm new to spreadbetting and as of yet only really paper traded. I signed up to al the news letters etc and read a few books. However one guy keeps e-mailing me - Ray Chong- about his great system. Has anyone tried or heard about this system.

Regards
Tom

Ingenerio

5 0
Tom,
He is probably touting a 'mechanical' trading system (aka blackbox) which is basically a preprogrammed software package designed to filter stocks based upon a few criteria such as moving average, MACD etc. He probably says that the system has been backtested and has shown to be 100% successful but the major problem is that the markets move forward and not backwards.
I too was attracted by these systems during my first forays into trading but luckily I have stayed away from these and concentrated on learning (and still learning) to apply the technical analysis tools learnt from books such as 'Murphy' and 'Come into my trading room' . I have had success and failure but I have always learnt from my trades as I have had to make the decisions not the system.

I hope this helps but it is only my opinion and limited experience

James

growltiger

91 0
Archive information

thomas said:
Hi
I'm new to spreadbetting and as of yet only really paper traded. I signed up to al the news letters etc and read a few books. However one guy keeps e-mailing me - Ray Chong- about his great system. Has anyone tried or heard about this system.

Regards
Tom
I just looked through some old emails, and found three from this "sender". They tell you that you have to have a system with an edge, execute it correctly (but not expect each and every trade to be successful) and that the way successful traders turn the correct execution of a system with a small edge into a large account is to "pyramid" trading units as a successful trade progresses, and to shed units with a trailing stop. There is nothing wrong with this, so far as it goes.

I think that at the time I accumulated these emails the objective was to sell an e-book that contained the elements of a system. Needless to say, I do not have the ebook....

DaveJB

Experienced member
1,159 42
Cynicism is appropriate when considering trading and trading systems - in fact cynicism is the only tool you need apply 100% of the time in TA IMO <g>
If the guy keeps mailing you forget it - anybody selling anything really good doesn't need to go about it like a double glazing salesman.
Dave

John Cyprus

33 1
I had purchased something from RC last year sometime and to be honest it's something to keep away from. Useless.

tradertim

68 5
I tried his "Market Millions" strategy last year, as it had a 90 day money back guarantee, but found it was just a slightly altered version of the well known Turtles trading strategy. You can view this for free at www.originalturtles.org .

thomas

4 0
Turtle Traders

tradertim said:
I tried his "Market Millions" strategy last year, as it had a 90 day money back guarantee, but found it was just a slightly altered version of the well known Turtles trading strategy. You can view this for free at www.originalturtles.org .

Thanks for the link. I read this and was wondering has/does anyone use this system ?

tradertim

68 5
I believe the Turtles strategy is not widely used, as the win/loss ratio is poor and it requires considerable discipline/patience to follow all of its rules.

virshah

6 0
Market-millions

Hi I have heard market-millions teaches you trade fo longer term,does any one has it can Pass to me .I want to trade a long period,enough of short trading.
virshah

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock