Raising Funds to Trade

tex_max

I have traded commodities for over 20 years for privately held companies. However, I created a trading system for equities and equity options about 3 years ago and now have a 3 year track record. I would like to raise funds to be able to trade other people's money via a Reg D exempt hedge fund. I keep hearing the rumor that there are shops out there that will match my personal trading funds at some multiple - say 10x to 1. But I don't know where to start looking.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Why?

Why do you want to trade other peoples money?
What will you get out of it? 10, 20% regardless of if the fund does well or not?

If it's that good people will approach you.

Put the feelers out to some big hedge funds.

Or are you just after the 'glory'?

What? I don't understand your post at all. Glory? I have no idea what are you talking about.

How exactly do you expect other people to come to me if they have never heard of me or have no idea that I have developed and trade a stock system?

I want to trade other people's money to 1) to help them achieve their financial goals, 2) make myself and my staff money to make a living doing what we love, and 3) be paid when we are successful in achieving the fund's goals.

How do you exactly put out "feelers" to large hedge funds if you don't have the contacts in that arena?

Why?

Why do you want to trade other peoples money?
What will you get out of it? 10, 20% regardless of if the fund does well or not?

If it's that good people will approach you.

Put the feelers out to some big hedge funds.

Or are you just after the 'glory'?

How do you exactly put out "feelers" to large hedge funds if you don't have the contacts in that arena?

You ring them all up, every one of them, and ask to speak to the head cheese. Thats how any business creates leads, contacts, sales....

This is a general question along the same line of the thread here: what is the average "achievable" or "realistic" percentage trading return of reasonably reputable hedge funds. If a person wishes to hold out to be a good trader for other people's money then I guess one would have to be at least a little better than such an "average" figure over a period - or one wouldn't be game to recommend my friends and associates to get into the new funds - would that be fair to say? Any comments please. Vick

This is a general question along the same line of the thread here: what is the average "achievable" or "realistic" percentage trading return of reasonably reputable hedge funds. If a person wishes to hold out to be a good trader for other people's money then I guess one would have to be at least a little better than such an "average" figure over a period - or one wouldn't be game to recommend my friends and associates to get into the new funds - would that be fair to say? Any comments please. Vick

Just to add to my last reply, I am curious to know if there is a commercial or investment bank anywhere in the world who would guarantee a minimum return? Any comments appreciated. Vick.

Try Bright Trading... They offer great leverage, have been in the business for decades, and you keep 100% of profits...

I have traded commodities for over 20 years for privately held companies. However, I created a trading system for equities and equity options about 3 years ago and now have a 3 year track record. I would like to raise funds to be able to trade other people's money via a Reg D exempt hedge fund. I keep hearing the rumor that there are shops out there that will match my personal trading funds at some multiple - say 10x to 1. But I don't know where to start looking.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

What? I don't understand your post at all. Glory? I have no idea what are you talking about.

hi tex max,

don't worry about it, that's a frequent question you'll get on this forum as a newcomer, they were just probing you, no big deal.

one of the standard assumptions on the forum is that you can make money on a decent system using your own money - so why seek out other people's money to trade as well?

I can see in your answers a b & c that you feel it's so obvious to want to trade other people's money, that you haven't actually said why it's better than trading your own.

In other words the question is "why don't you stick to trading your own money?"

There are frequent discussions here about how much traders can expect to make or do make.

At the beginning of a trading system's life, my guess is that being a hedge fund would probably be advantageous financially, if only you can get the investors. But assuming the system works, then further on down the line with the effects of compounding returns on your own money, I can't see any advantage to being a hedge fund.

Put simply:

Why do you want other peoples money?

Why haven't you got any money of your own to trade?

Can you help me?

Thanks.

1) If you have a track record, GET IT AUDITED!
2) Then start thinking outside of the box. (Create your PPM, Build a business Credit profile, take on Debt and Equity, etc...) Read a bunch of books on Bootstrapping and build the business.

Look take it from someone doing it. It's not easy but when you have a track record it will come. Show TR, Be honest upfront with your Clients/Friends/Family, and you'll have all the clients funds you need or can handle without hiring staff.

Mate, try Bright Trading... They offer great leverage, have been in the business for decades, and you keep 100% of profits... If your system works, you'll get rich in no time and will receive more leverage than you know what to do with... In the millions!

Mate, try Bright Trading... They offer great leverage, have been in the business for decades, and you keep 100% of profits... If your system works, you'll get rich in no time and will receive more leverage than you know what to do with... In the millions!

Some people dont want the hassle of registering and getting licensed

I'm FSA-registered, not s7, and I'm not at Bright, tho I know ppl who are...

A series 7 doesnt help you at all in raising cash...

Some would argue, it adds credibility.
But thats what the Audits and Account track records do.
Series 7 only add with the availability of Professional Leverage.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

i am looking to employ top traders for top salaries if they can prove they know what they are doing (and willing to relocate)