Questions concerning risk taking and speculative trading for a Bsc dissertation

Shichao

Dear Banker and traders,

I am a third-year Management student in Royal Holloway, University of London. I am currently writing a dissertation as a part of my BSc degree. The topic is on risk taking and speculative trading.

I am writing to you to ask you whether it would be possible to discuss some aspects of your wide experience in this area. It would be extremely beneficial to the progress of my research if we could discuss some aspects of your experience in this post. You do not to answer all of the questions and I am very grateful for every response.

Questions:
1. Do you act sometime on instinct when making a deal or do you strictly follow the regulation?
2. Please give a small example If you acted on your instinct before, when and why it occurs.
3. In your opinion, can banker/traders become successful by only following the regulations? (Please give a reason why you think this way)
4. It is common sense that traders/bankers are under a lot of pressure and have to deal with stressful situations. How do you deal with it?
5. Do stressful situations and pressure increase your performance?
6. What is your opinion on the security regulations within your financial institution? (Are they more of a interference or help for surveillance for you)
7. Have you ever breached a security regulation? If yes, why?

Thank you very much :smart: