Question about Taxes for Day Trading - Any Germans living abroad?

JoshK

2 0
Hi guys,

I am in the process of filling out the documents for an application for a broker in the US. As part of my application I have to tell the broker where I am going to pay taxes. Once I start day trading, I will talk to a tax professional about this, but I am not really keen on spending so much money before I even have a broker. So maybe some of you are in a similar or even the same situation and could share your knowledge.

I am a German citizen with my primary residence still in Germany. I have now been living in South Africa since February on a student visa and am most likely going to stay until July 2021. I am not even registered here in South Africa, as I never went to the town hall to do that. For some of you the answer might be crystal clear, but I am actually uncertain if I will have to pay taxes in Germany or South Africa. Thanks for any advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock