Question about firms and workers permits

Maverick74

How hard is it for an American who moves to London to get a workers permit so he can either trade for a firm or an arcade? Is that something the firm would take care of? I know there is also something called HSMP which is like a self employed workers permit. How hard is that to get? TIA

How hard is it for an American who moves to London to get a workers permit so he can either trade for a firm or an arcade? Is that something the firm would take care of? I know there is also something called HSMP which is like a self employed workers permit. How hard is that to get? TIA

Aside from the free healthcare and or the pleasures of traveling...

Im confused though, you live in Chicago, I assume there are THOUSANDS of trading opportunities there.?! You'll be trading one US expensive city for an even more Internationally expensive city.

Last edited:
Aside from the free healthcare and or the pleasures of traveling...

Im confused though, you live in Chicago, I assume there are THOUSANDS of trading opportunities there.?! You'll be trading one US expensive city for an even more Internationally expensive city.

Not thousands, but sure, plenty of prop firms in Chicago. I was not just asking for me, but I know a few others that are interested in going over there to trade for a few years just to try something different.

That's one of the nice things about trading, being able to do it from anywhere in the world. My main reason is that I would really like to see all of europe. Not at once, but over the course of a few years. It's much easier to do that from a home base in London then flying back and forth all the time from the states.