Question about Chipotles Options (CMG)

TexasRangersFan

I have not traded any options yet. I am still in the learning and asking questions stage.

But last night I saw a report that Chipotles restaurant had several employees become sick with the Norovirus. Three months ago they had a similar problem with their stores and they shut down all the stores for half a day while they santized them.

On 12 January their stock was as low as 404.

Yesterday, their shares closed at approximately 524 a share, they opened at 512 and now it is around 501 after dropping as low as 492.

It's funny how someone can impact the market. Cramer was on CNBC and said Chipotles was a buy at anything under 500 and it immediately starting rising. Ten minutes later it was 501,502 and it has been there for a couple of hours.

Anyhow, last night when I heard the news about Chipotles it was around 7 pm. I checked the after market hours trading and Chipotles was around 507,509. I checked the options page (yahoo) and there were options listed at 520 that were out of the money on the PUT side.

Was it possible to buy an option contract after hours based on the Chipotle (CMG) news and profit on the opening drop ?

Or, do you have to wait for the market to open and hope you are the first one in line to

Was the yahoo page accurate with regards to the option page or do they stop making changes after hours. I had the impression that it was current because if you go to the after market chart or the international markets, it is always updated 24/7 ?

Just a few questions....Thanks.