Question about candle sticks

lawson20

Hello i found this forum last night after my trading platform crashed just after the fomc decision last night costing me quite alot of money in the process!
If the same happens today then i think it will be time to find a new broker which is a shame as i was very happy until last nights events.

The reason i'm posting is id like to ask the traders here if they can recommend any good books to a beginner on understanding candle stick charts. I was thinking somthing along the lines of "candle stick charts for dummies" :p

I reckon you could do a lot worse than spend a few hours checking out patternsite.com website. Stacks on info on there, with lots of advice on which patterns are actually reliable and which aren't.

I reckon you could do a lot worse than spend a few hours checking out patternsite.com website. Stacks on info on there, with lots of advice on which patterns are actually reliable and which aren't.

If its Bulkowski's site you are recommending I think the URL is

thepatternsite.com

Sorry, yes it was Bulkowski's site I meant. Thanks. Also, if you want a really condensed version, there's a download guide on this site (Candlesticks Made Easy | Traders Bulletin) that's just got the main ones on - it's pretty basic, but for a novice like me was helpful. In reality, how many patterns do you need? Too many variations will just start to give you conflicting signals.