ProTrader

I believe they are based on winningtrader.co.uk i have ordered an info pack will let you know when it arrives!!

Protrader Ftse98%

Hi guys
Just a quick follow up to last message!
I recieved info pack and went for FTSE98% system and it works!! Im also looking at S&P 500 System anyone tried it yet?
All the best
Nick

Can you really say "it works" when you`ve only had the system for about a month? How many trades has it triggered? What are the results in terms of %ge profitable trades, average profit/loss, max. drawdown, etc.? Are you selling traded options like Protrader`s site suggests, or placing spreadbets for which they state the accuracy drops from 98% to 73%?

“Does the idea of making £2,000+
per week tax free, working from home for less than an hour a day sound good to you?”

I wonder - suggest you look at the Black box section of the Software guide - if it sounds too good to be true it probably is

Sounds too good to me

Anyone who makes £2000 per week Spreadbetting is likely to have a visit from the HM Inspector of Taxes.

JonnyT

nm168 said:
Hi guys
Just a quick follow up to last message!
I recieved info pack and went for FTSE98% system and it works!! Im also looking at S&P 500 System anyone tried it yet?
All the best
Nick

I have picked up on this thread when generally looking up trading systems / ideas. I would be interested to see how you got on with this and if you are still as positive about it?

Hope to see a post from you soon

Dave1971

Protrader Ftse98%

Hi Dave,
Im delighted so far and i have looked back on past results and the FTSE98% system really does seem to work.With all things make your own mind up but im very pleased.....
Nick

protrader 98% system

Does anyone know how this works? it seems like another too good to be true thing....

It may well work but you are going to lose a lot of sleep, just do the math

Firstly key phrase in the results "Should have "

Secondly you will need a very large account to trade this system anyone can have a large %winning system with 500 to 1,000 point stop loss just look at the drawdowns £6,390 and £11,000 for the dow systems

Lastly the guarantee is worthless unless you trade every buy and sell signal for 12 months, my guess is if you had a large loss over 3 months you would doubt the system and not trade the signals

Exactly dc2000. I bought MetaStock Pro a few weeks ago and have been busying myself backtesting their standard systems. The results looked pretty good at first glance, but when I took a look at the individual trades in detail some of them had 7000+ dollar losses before they ended up in the black. So in order to get the $1000+ profit you had to sit tight through hellish losses time and time again without knowing at the time if it was going to turn around or end up with a great big draw down.

I checked out the systems before I tested them and thought it was very strange that they didn't have any stop losses of any kind in place. When I went through the best performing systems and enforced 5% stop losses on them, the performance fell through the floor!

Any system that requires you to have massive losses before coming out in profit is a BAD system!! It looks good on the surface, but just take a closer look at the details of the orders and you will not want to sit through that!! The past is 20/20 vision, but the future... you could blow out before your trades turned around!

ProTrader Spreadtrading systems

Has anyone bought and used any of the ProTrader trading software i.e. Dow weekly; Dow monthly; FTSE weekly/monthly; S&P daily? I am intersted to know whether the monetary gains made by the Protrader people for each system is fact or fiction. For example, based on historical research, the Dow weekly, it is claimed, makes on average between £2000 and £3000/month (about a 70% success rate). Whilst the FTSE system is calaimed to have a 98% success rate on its trades.

Of course nothing is guarenteed.

probably not what you want to hear but I never heared of it so I cant help you.

do you have a link for it?

re: ProTrader:
70% success on Dow, 98% success on FTSE.
WOW.
If I had developed a piece of software that was that good, I would be trading it from my yacht in the Caribbean, not trying to sell it for -how much is it - £200, £300 ??

Not being cynical, but think about what they are saying.

OK, I am being cynical.

It may well work but you are going to lose a lot of sleep, just do the math

Firstly key phrase in the results "Should have "

Secondly you will need a very large account to trade this system anyone can have a large %winning system with 500 to 1,000 point stop loss just look at the drawdowns £6,390 and £11,000 for the dow systems

Lastly the guarantee is worthless unless you trade every buy and sell signal for 12 months, my guess is if you had a large loss over 3 months you would doubt the system and not trade the signals

Its true. With some systems I have been looking at on Metastock... they look amazing until you look at he details and see draw downs that would have wiped you out and made you seriously doubt the system. In a bull market, if you hold on to any buy long enough it will eventually turn profitable and couldbe counted as a success.

A general observation I have found is when companies trumpet how you can make £2,000 or £3,000 etc.
Is it not more meaningful to talk about how many "points" they have made ?

I could make £2000 on the DOW in a single day !!
IF I risked £50 a point, I would only need 40 points.
IF I risked £100 a point, I would only need 20 points.
BUT, I may need to have a 100 point stop-loss, which means having £5,000 as margin.

If the advertisement described points, we could make a more considered decision.
Then we can compare like-for-like.