prospreads.com

TBH I'm not bothered about who PS hedge with or if I can see my spreadbet in the market. I've only been on this for an hour, but the platform is not at all intuitive. If there is a complicated fiddly way to do something you can bet your bottom dollar they've thought of it and included it in the package.

Also if you click twice to close a position it opens you up going the other way !

I'm used to Ninja Trader and whilst that is not everyones cup of tea it's simple and functional and does what it says on the tin. Within 15 minutes of looking at ninja trader I had a very good feel for what was what.

I've just managed to sell 28 lots of oil by clicking on the positions window ! The positions window shows your positions through the day, not broken down but cumulative.

I clicked to see if it would break this down in to the positions Ive taken rather than a cumulative total.

All of a sudden a deal ticket pops up. I close the deal ticket 30 secs later there is a noise and I'm short 28 lots.

I will persevere and maybe it will grow on me but so far it's a flippin nightmare.

Very sorry for not replying earlier to this post as hadn't noticed it but the platform is designed for speed rather and has complete custom ability so if you want it to look the same as the other spreadbetting companies that can be done you just need to ask or have a play around, TBH if I clicked twice on a open position I would expect to reverse the trade personnally as this is 2 trades, again you can set options so that you get a warning before submitting a order but like I said it is set up for speed, if you would like someone to show you around and offer some help then please feel free to drop us a mail or give us a call
PS

Last post:...Comparing to Ninja trader. When you click to trade there is an audible voice saying " order pending" so you know your mouse click has been recognised and you get "order filled" when you're in the market. On this platform you click and nothing happens to tell you that the order is being worked. Using a 1 minute chart on oil speed is of the essence so having heard nothing I've clicked again. Then some kind of computer generated noise and I'm short 2 lots rather than 1. Annoying.

ON a positive the spread is better for CL than usual SB Companies.

In the tools/options window you can select sounds for executing fills also you can receive notices on the screen on the 'orders' tab in the tools/options for filled/part fills, you just need to look at the options that are available

PS

The charts have EPIC Fail written all over them. The charts I used to get in 2006 on Capital Spreads were easier to use. These charts are fiddly to zoom in and out on and the cross hair has some kind of magnet effect so only shows a certain price point on the candle. Hover the pointer over a candle it gives you no information what so ever. No OHLC information nothing.

This has the feel of something knocked together on the cheap. Gekko global has better charts than this.

Yes we understand that the charts are not very adequate but they are a bolt on 3rd party software which clients receive for free, we are presently looking at different providers

PS

Thanks for the reply.

I just find it very laggy, mouse lags, window lags, fill window doesn't show fills quickly. It's not my computer, spec is 10GB RAM, SSD, i5.

While I absolutely hate your non static ladder it at least shows fills as they happen. I was trying the platform without the ladder last night because the ladder is unusable.

TT & CQG have non-ladder order entry and they're not half as complicated or fiddly as your platform.

Additionally, practically everyone has a static ladder now - TT has no credibility with its patent claims so I don't see why you don't do the same.

Even better, make it so that people can use your service with other software, make a deal with marketdelta or something. Anything to get away from your current platform!

Last edited:
Using the Prospreads ladder is like Rocky chasing a chicken.

Do yourself a favour, pay the tax and go to a proper futures broker. Tax on profits is better than no tax on no profits.

Agreed, only reason I want to go with them is for longer term term trades held overnight and more flexibility with position size.

It's also nice that orders don't get deleted overnight.

Everything else so far is terrible. The smart thing to do would have been to port their data to make it compatible with other software. Marketdelta is open source, maybe they could figure out a deal.

Basically there has been no effort made to make the platform better in the months I haven't used it.

I still can't access my account balance anywhere, their statements are still terrible and incrompehensible. Even their executed orders window doesnt show trades in order of execution so it takes hours to figure out what the hell is going on.

Basic basic details you need for a functional platform.

Their execution sure as hell isn't instant either.

Agreed, only reason I want to go with them is for longer term term trades held overnight and more flexibility with position size.

It's also nice that orders don't get deleted overnight.

Everything else so far is terrible. The smart thing to do would have been to port their data to make it compatible with other software. Marketdelta is open source, maybe they could figure out a deal.

Basically there has been no effort made to make the platform better in the months I haven't used it.

I still can't access my account balance anywhere, their statements are still terrible and incrompehensible. Even their executed orders window doesnt show trades in order of execution so it takes hours to figure out what the hell is going on.

Basic basic details you need for a functional platform.

Their execution sure as hell isn't instant either.

Can I help with some of these points which you could have asked about rather than adding to the forum,
the account balance and margin is clearly visable on the platform you just need to click on the red triangle with a small 'c' in the middle,
the trade history can be sorted by history if you click on the work 'history' it will be in that order,
agreed the statements are not the most friendly if you are trading spot FX, but if you only trading futures they are easy to work out we can arrange for someone to give you a call to explain if needed,
and as for the execution as there is zero dealer intervention the speed of your trades is down to you ISP connection

If you still have any further questions may I suggest you either drop us a mail or give us a call as we only come on the forum daily

PS

Maybe it's an issue with their mini platform. Maybe the issue was that I was using order tickets and not the ladder (the ladder updates open positions quickly I know).

I was clicking 'sell' and looking at the open position column on the platform. Nothing. 10s or so later the position shows up.

While this can happen on DMA as well (EUREX used to be notorious for this) this is how you can end up 4x shorter than you wanted.

Right now December Silver seems unavailable, so I had to trade in September.

Why so when December is where the volume and liquidity is?

Type "Silver" into the box (3rd toolbar, in the middle). You see Si. Click on it, brings all the contracts up including Dec.

Yes, try placing a trade. It won't execute.

It kept giving me an insufficient margin error but executed fine in U.

Not enough money but it executes fine in September? Right.

Point is, who wants a broker that has to be called everytime you see a trade? Why quote it at all if it's not tradable.

May I ask why you did not contact our selves as this could have been sorted out in 2 minutes rather than posting on a forum?

FYI Dec is now available

PS

I placed the trade after hours.

Also, posted it on the forum because the point of having a thread in a forum is to talk about the actual experience of using a platform/broker.

You always fix problems when I contact you, the point is that I don't want to contact you 3 times a week. It's just feedback - one would hope you'd use it to improve your services.

It's also an opportunity to demonstrate your customer service in the public domain.

I placed the trade after hours.

Also, posted it on the forum because the point of having a thread in a forum is to talk about the actual experience of using a platform/broker.

You always fix problems when I contact you, the point is that I don't want to contact you 3 times a week. It's just feedback - one would hope you'd use it to improve your services.

It's also an opportunity to demonstrate your customer service in the public domain.

Its not a problem but without us watching the forum we would have not known you had a problem as we didn't know that Dec silver was not tradable

As for contacting us as you have stated before we resolve any problems straight away so would not have been a issue but on this occasion we did not receive any emails/calls from yourself

regards

PS