Prop firm for remote day traders

• Welcome to the newest version of Trade2Win! We're running on the latest version of, what we consider to be, the best forum software available today. Our aim was to keep things as familiar as possible but focus on improving speed, security and usability. We hope you like the result! Please post your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback in the What's New and Feedback Thread - Sharky.
Nov 12, 2016
Hi, I have recently begun working with a proprietary firm and would like to share it with you. Traders are mainly from Europe, and most of them are pros, so a good education is guaranteed. I graduated their trainee program and have been promoted to Risk Manager, so you can enquire me by pm or here regarding anything you might want to know. The firm also accepts professional remote traders, with very attractive clearing fees and payouts.

T44

Oct 29, 2012
Hi Alex, usual questions......
What fees, platforms, products, volume rebates, any restriction on style, ....
Thanks

Nov 12, 2016
Hello T44, clearing fees range from 0.15-0.22 depending on volume, Reg fees 0.0000218 x total value of shorts/sells. Nasdaq fees 0.000119 per share, NYSE fee as advertised at official page. All fees are suitable for tick trading. Style is not a restriction supposedly, some groups do have solid strategies though, in case one might want to join a group. Platform available is Sterling.

T44

Oct 29, 2012
Sorry should have said my interest is mainly in index/commodity futs, not stocks or options. Sterling website shows only the US Futs exchanges I assume you must have some sort of access to European ones? Any Forex offering?
Thanks.

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
Do you have an API for the trading platform, I always wonder if there are prop shops providing API to their trading platforms...

Nov 12, 2016
Do you have an API for the trading platform, I always wonder if there are prop shops providing API to their trading platforms...
Hello,
Prop firms have limitations and are not suitable for HFT, algorithmic trading. So any APIs you might find would not help you any better than regular simple scripting on the platform. Many traders tend to believe that they can do hft or anvanced algo trading through prop trading firms; with serious brokers that is just not possible. You would have to build your own system, and perhaps include a server on the NYSE.

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
Hello,
Prop firms have limitations and are not suitable for HFT, algorithmic trading. So any APIs you might find would not help you any better than regular simple scripting on the platform. Many traders tend to believe that they can do hft or anvanced algo trading through prop trading firms; with serious brokers that is just not possible. You would have to build your own system, and perhaps include a server on the NYSE.
I agree with you on the HFT, but not on the algorithmic trading, because I have been doing it personally for years hosting on VPS servers far away from my actual discount broker and using his API... I just can't imagine staring into stock charts all day long...

Nov 12, 2016
Hello, you are right about algo trading, it can be done with no problem as long as there is no manipulation. We have some algo traders, who don't use the API but Visual Basic. However, API is available for Sterling Trader Pro which is the platform used. If you are intrested in testing the API let me know by pm.

Quantt

Jul 23, 2017
Hello, you are right about algo trading, it can be done with no problem as long as there is no manipulation. We have some algo traders, who don't use the API but Visual Basic. However, API is available for Sterling Trader Pro which is the platform used. If you are intrested in testing the API let me know by pm.
Hi Alex, great idea! I have heard and looked into the Starling platform years ago, but didn't realized they have an API available, I'll check the documentation to see what is possible... Unfortunately I don't have time right now, but in a few months I'll have more spare a time and would love to test and will reach out... Cheers!

Nov 12, 2016
No problem, sure. You won't have problems in finding the Sterling Trader PRO user manual online. It is a golden standard in trading, many platforms are based on it. Cheers.

Nov 26, 2017
Hi, I have recently begun working with a proprietary firm and would like to share it with you. Traders are mainly from Europe, and most of them are pros, so a good education is guaranteed. I graduated their trainee program and have been promoted to Risk Manager, so you can enquire me by pm or here regarding anything you might want to know. The firm also accepts professional remote traders, with very attractive clearing fees and payouts.
Hello

Can you please provide the name of the prop shop and the details conditions.

thanks