Programmer needed for joint venture

Pat494

Legendary member
If there is a programmer out there looking for an original idea to financially forecast using fuzzy logic, then contact me. I have the idea but not the programming skills. Terms negotiable, say 60 to you/40 + copy of programme to me.

Why do you believe fuzzy logic can be used as a tool to forecast.

People have been trying straight logic for years without much success

Bring on something new. Can't be worse and it just might be fantastic

Ok, my experience of fuzzy logic in the database world is cleansing data with typos or slight differences. Basically it matches ANSI letter by letter giving the outcome a numerical match grading. So if record A = USA, record B = U.S.A then they are graded as a high probability of being the same.

How do you plan on applying fuzzy logic to forecasting? If I were to look at this I would use data mining techniques using various algorithms against the data. But you need a lot of data to get anything significant out of it.

It's nothing at all to do with mining data. More to do with the fractals of moving objects.

Are you a competent programmer ?

I am although I am somewhat busy on 2 projects. Good luck, please keep me updated on your findings.

Pat, are you still looking for a programmer? I would describe myself as a moderate programmer, I build mainly business applications. I may be interested in a joint project as long as its not ultra complicated. My maths skills are a little weak.

Pat, are you still looking for a programmer? I would describe myself as a moderate programmer, I build mainly business applications. I may be interested in a joint project as long as its not ultra complicated. My maths skills are a little weak.

Thanks. I have sent you a pm trying to describe the idea

I take it you boys are going to need historical data for your project? Maybe we could split the bill and share it?

I take it you boys are going to need historical data for your project? Maybe we could split the bill and share it?

I agree with the theory that if its any good it will work on any data, which includes EOD free data from yahoo

I can do anything Excel or VBA related, other stuff also to a lesser degree of expertise

I am looking at buying data from TickData, you can get 30years of 1 minute stock data for about $300. This seems reasonable to me. However I am not sure about the legality of sharing the data.

I am also working on a Neural Net indicator using this excellent AI library: http://code.google.com/p/aforge/
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/neural_network_ocr.aspx

If anyone has any experience in this area I would be interested to hear about it.

Hi Pat,
Still looking?
I am a senior programmer with math skills, etc.
My experience is that prices are based on trends (a body in motion tends to stay in motion) and also exteriors, such as news and changes in the group. Does your idea include the exteriors? Also, as I am new here, how do I email you?
Jack

Hi,

Unfortunately the idea didn't produce forecasts of any use, so I have dropped it, but thanks for the reply. If I get another and hopefully better eureka moment I will let you know.

If you're looking for other inspiration then this course has just started, is free and potentially rather useful from a forecasting pov

https://www.coursera.org/course/dsp

They've also released a free book:

http://www.sp4comm.org/download.html

In terms of finding a programmer - unless its high frequency stuff then you'd likely get more out of prototyping your ideas yourself - matlab, R and python are all easy to pick up and useful for this sort of thing - there are plenty of relevant libraries for these languages out there too.

If there is a programmer out there looking for an original idea to financially forecast using fuzzy logic, then contact me. I have the idea but not the programming skills. Terms negotiable, say 60 to you/40 + copy of programme to me.

a word to the wise P....I would strongly recommend that you learn to programme and not to release any ideas to outsiders ......contracts and confidentiality mean nothing in this world ;)

N :smart:

a word to the wise P....I would strongly recommend that you learn to programme and not to release any ideas to outsiders ......contracts and confidentiality mean nothing in this world ;)

N :smart:

sadly true in 95% of the time.

Agree with NVP and DT, best to learn yourself.... it would take a lot of time for sure, but it's worth it.