Problem with Required Margin

SwingTheDIng

Never had such a situation and i'm puzzled about my brokers decision.
Hope someone can shed light into this.
And i know my trading was ****, just wanted play around with a small account. that's all.

My Balance was 1300 Dollars and i opened Positions 0.6 Lot with Margin requirement of 166 Dollars.

Everythin went well so far but i missed to take the profit in time and also lost in the process a ****load of my balance. 45 Dollars in the End. :whistling This happenin over 1 1/2 months.

So know i had 45 Dollars Balance and a position open with 0.6 Lot's with a Required Margin of 166 Dollars.
Market moved against me and my broker closed the position with -35 Dollars.

Balance in the End of 10 Dollars.

My Question: What happened to the 166 required Margin, it's just gone?! I thought that the required Mrgin get's released after i close a position.

Shouldn't the Balance now be 177 and not 10?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Never had such a situation and i'm puzzled about my brokers decision.
Hope someone can shed light into this.
And i know my trading was ****, just wanted play around with a small account. that's all.

My Balance was 1300 Dollars and i opened Positions 0.6 Lot with Margin requirement of 166 Dollars.

Everythin went well so far but i missed to take the profit in time and also lost in the process a ****load of my balance. 45 Dollars in the End. :whistling This happenin over 1 1/2 months.

So know i had 45 Dollars Balance and a position open with 0.6 Lot's with a Required Margin of 166 Dollars.
Market moved against me and my broker closed the position with -35 Dollars.

Balance in the End of 10 Dollars.

My Question: What happened to the 166 required Margin, it's just gone?! I thought that the required Mrgin get's released after i close a position.

Shouldn't the Balance now be 177 and not 10?

Hope someone can help me with this.

the 166 was only a deposit (margin requirement) against your potential loss. your cash balance was 45 you lost 35 your balance is now 10.

you shouldn't have been able to open a position that required margin of 166 if you only had 45. you were closed out by your broker because you were on a margin call, you didn't pay the margin call so the broker closed you out before your account went in to negative equity.

you haven't lost 166, you lost 35.

the 166 was only a deposit (margin requirement) against your potential loss. your cash balance was 45 you lost 35 your balance is now 10.

you shouldn't have been able to open a position that required margin of 166 if you only had 45. you were closed out by your broker because you were on a margin call, you didn't pay the margin call so the broker closed you out before your account went in to negative equity.

you haven't lost 166, you lost 35.

I opened the 0.6 when my balance was at 1300. Later on i lost trades which endet in my balance being only 45 but the 0.6 lot position was still there with a margin requirement of 166 Dollars.

Yes i lost only 35 but where did the 166 go to?!

Should i have now 10 or 177 Dollars balance. Who is wrong/right me or the broker?. Never had a case like this.

I opened the 0.6 when my balance was at 1300. Later on i lost trades which endet in my balance being only 45 but the 0.6 lot position was still there with a margin requirement of 166 Dollars.

Yes i lost only 35 but where did the 166 go to?!

Should i have now 10 or 177 Dollars balance. Who is wrong/right me or the broker?. Never had a case like this.

the 166 hasn't gone anywhere. it was the margin you were required to post your broker to keep your positions open. as you only had 45 in the account your broker would have closed your position when it was losing 35 as you hadn't put in the additional 121 you needed to keep the position running.

you should only have 10 on your account now.