Prepared for a speed ban?

LOL, that's what the handbrake's for.

Would have given me the usual 5 on 3 and a b/e on the last Rosso :) That's not much to crow about, but these days I take what I can. Chip chip chip one bean at a time and all that ... :)

rossored

I think that perhaps these speed cameras continue to flash away even after they have run out of film. Maybe thats why your fast friend didn't get a ticket.

dd

Motorbikes and Numberplates

PLUS...

AFAIAA motorcycles do not have front number plates, so any speedcams pointing toward on-coming traffic (as opposed to those rear-flashers - no, stop it!!!) will be largely ignored by bikers. True?

erm as far as i am aware, in london at least, there arent any front-flashing daguerrotypes.

must be different over in Surf City..

There was one on the North Circ but it is dead now.
Personal preference, as a biker, would be for all to be the front flash types, saying that, if you have a small plate and you can pull a decent wheelie there is no issue.

frugi said:
"Bengal Tiger on Board" might be worth mentioning
Indeed. I saw a rather amusing (?) one in the centre of London a few years ago. It was in the back window of an obviously brand new Porsche 911 Turbo and read "My other car is a Porsche".

twalker said:
There was one on the North Circ but it is dead now.
Personal preference, as a biker, would be for all to be the front flash types, saying that, if you have a small plate and you can pull a decent wheelie there is no issue.

ROFLMAO. Nice one, TW.

Theres a "normal" (GATSO) camera pretty near me, but the way I go down the road I'm facing into it. I quite often have a jolly good laugh if I can get the timing right - race towards the oncoming camera at a ton plus (km/h, obviously :)) just at the point when a car goes through it in the correct direction. This, of course, triggers the camera and no doubt scares the beejezus out of the car drivers :LOL:.

Either that, or just race into it, with two fingers poking off my throttle hand. That way at least the first (blurred) picture amuses the coppers who take the film out of the camera.

"Pull a wheelie"? A touch Pathé, perhaps, TWalker. It's "Hoist a minger" these days you know LOL :)

I heard that some nokia mobiles can be set with some code to detect radars and ring to warn you about it....not sure but heard about it from different people

Old_Bob said:
I heard that some nokia mobiles can be set with some code to detect radars and ring to warn you about it....not sure but heard about it from different people

I guess the £ 30 for using your phone would be better than the £60 for speeding ! :)