Pre-market trading

Steakeater

With the earnings season now in full swing, there is a lot of stocks gaping daily. How can we get into pre-market trading? Does anyone on this forum trade the pre-markets?

Cheers

I don't know about spreadbetting, but most stockbrokers allow pre market trading. You may have to call the broker and have them enable it on your account.

Peter

I don't know about spreadbetting, but most stockbrokers allow pre market trading. You may have to call the broker and have them enable it on your account.

Peter

Checked with my stockbroker and they said only institutional traders can trade pre-market. I wonder if this is actually true? There must be some retail guys doing it?

Checked with my stockbroker and they said only institutional traders can trade pre-market. I wonder if this is actually true? There must be some retail guys doing it?

It's not true, but it appears your broker doesn't allow it. There are many brokers that do allow after hours trading for all customers. For example, TDAmeritrade, Charles Schwab, Interactive Brokers and many others.

Peter