Please help???? Career advice needed.

svelychko

I am graduating with MBA in USA and going to move to London in the middle of this summer (my bachelor is in Finance which I received in US too). I have a good experience in sale, but do not have any experience working in finance industry whatsoever. I know very well English, Polish, Russian, and Ukrainian languages (I am originally from Ukraine and currently 26 years old).
I want to get a job in finance industry (stock broker, trader, or anything where I can use my education and language skills). What finance professions would you recommend to graduate students with such skills (even though I lived in US for the last 8 years, I still have a little eastern European accent)? Is my accent is going to be disadvantage in that field of work which you recommend? Is my American education will be advantage or disadvantage? How easy or hard it is to find a job as a stock broker? What is a starting pay rate? What steps I have to take in order for me to get a job in London?

Any other help will be appreciated :!::!::!:

Thanks a lot,,,,,,,,,,,,

Svelychko,

May I suggest a trainee position in sales (equities, bonds, fx)to Eastern European clients with a bank or brokerage? Or maybe an analyst covering Eastern Europe (may be a bit too dull).

I reckon your qualifications are fine (I think American banks especially like MBA's). And your accent is irrelevant.

No idea about pay, I'm afraid.

I suppose the first step would be contact the person in the Human Resources department who's responsible for graduate recruitment. Ask if they have a graduate training scheme (usually start September/October).

For the smaller brokerages, find out the names of the heads of the various trading desks - fixed income, equities, etc. First, you'll need to find out what markets they cover - find their sites on the internet. Then send them an e-mail.

Good luck.

Grant.