Pinkpig and the Ftse.... another LAST post....Happy Easter everyone

black bear

Did not go down well on mp thread so thought I would just give its own Home :)

Must just be how you use it I guess

View of market works very ok for me, hope it helps if interested
:p

If you were starting out I would just use max of 3 tf any more is overload at first, you may find that quite enougth for a couple of months, you do as mp says require it to be fully automatic, no think just no it like your times tables.

4hr 1hr 15 min for intra day, you get overnight opportunities a plenty if thats your cup of Tea

if you prefer overnighters outright

month week day

the rest is practice or it is if you like to enter sharp and straight into the money and experience less drawdown.

you want to get in on the higher 2 trends / direction.

The short term trend/time frame will be running against the higher trend time frames in all probability at good entry locations.(medium could be to in strong counter trend move) Best just watch for a week or two, you will get the idea, you will soon see how many timeframes are batting for you when you enter and what needs to be achieved in order for the trade to work out.

points of possible entry ~

manual higher timeframe R&S lines, trendlines, pdh pdl pdc pwh pwl pwh - I would include ~ open hours range and gaps at the open

Funny really ............

I think its just a variation on Elders work ~ its a long term investors tool, might be wrong and will stand corrected

have Fun HeiPaaDeg

month = long term trend
week = medium term trend
day = short term trend

NOTE:

I have traded with this view from almost the beginning of my search for what works for me (had a good sit down and re-invented it :p) and it works! you can build on it and it still works, you will learn how to enter in the money, you will learn how and when the larger timeframes play in, you will learn in advance where you would like to enter = name your price, you will learn to set targets and plan your trade with confidence.

you will learn low risk entry / trades

IT WILL TAKE LONGER THAN THIS MORNING ! er sorry this afternoon

could take a whole week if you get your skates on and your not daft as a brush like me

I have added this link

T2W Day Trading & Forex Community

helps with Short term trend entries, well all of them really, goes together like fish & chips :)

when you have done all that and have it off to a T, pop over and see db on his volume thread and you will be really rocking

YOU DO NOT NEED ONE INDICATOR ~ NONE, if you put one on your chart and really look you will see the above on your macd, macd Histo, rsi & Stocky things, if they work for you I have no beef at all with them, I used them for some time and did ok myself but they are not required and can distort and slow learning imho.

I have a few indicators on my car, I signal to other road users my intention / intended direction or intention to slow down

I move when I no its safe to do so instantly

If I have mis -judged my entry I exit promptly for a small loss or a small win or BE, or claim on my car insurance :)

Homework, well how to get started perhaps ....

3 timeframes times 5 apart approx ( I no all six and they are etched in my brain I just update program daily)

using info on pgs 10-25 I think of this link R&S or ftse beater thread much the same

good thread TD hope all going well :clover:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/26947-making-money-trading.html

mark off R&S points (approx as you see them) on long term trend and medium term trend

note and mark pdh pdl pdc etc

watch the market trade (one market at first, no hopping) and just absorb it

your short term trend is = ACTION = you are looking for opportunities to un-fold to enter the higher timeframes

last link ~

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/mapping-territory/

dbs work is well worth a look, if you do not get it at 1st (I did not) save it and re-visit later

a real gem and a lot of hard work put into it = appreciated (y) (you will need to pm him regards entry I think)

thats it ..........

I choose to scalp and trade small moves only you may choose to do anything you like in the world

Its a good world and its a good view of the market and well worth the time it will take you to learn it ~ inside out

I like this its a recent find (db threads)

The spider does not need to "feed" everyday. He is content to wait until a morsel comes his way, patient and secure in the knowledge that he has taken the steps necessary for his survival. His carefully crafted web transmits to him all sorts of information. But he knows how to identify the false signals~ the wind vibrating his web, a drop of rain~ from the real thing enmeshed in it. Why does he know it so intimately? Because he has carefully constructed his web himself. No one else can build it for him. As a result, the configuration of his web is as uniquely his as his fingerprints. Most important, the spider is patient. He waits until he sees a convergence of most all of his indicators before he acts; but when he does, he pounces aggressively and without hesitation.

Just about it from me...........................

I will never post on the boards again regards method or trading :LOL:other than to pass the time of day waiting for price to be touched

hope someone gets a bit of mileage out of my posts and they are of some use to even one person

I would like to thank all people who have posted threads and individual posts that I have found of value in my journey so far. I have never used another site/forum and only lurked on this one behind the curtain for ages in the early days.

Made up for it later :p

I would like to say sorry to LM for posting in an over aggressive manner one day some time back and I hope I have learnt to respect and appreciate anothers point of view, even if I do not agree with them. I do hope you except it LM as I have never received a response from you since = all the best anyhows

Happy Easter All, hope weather better than forecast for the weekend (UK)

good luck with Life and your trading :clover:

Andy

Attachments

• earth.jpg
    earth.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 635
  • moon.jpg
    moon.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 666
  • mars.jpg
    mars.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 634
  • saturn.jpg
    saturn.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 617
  • all.jpg
    all.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:
The very very last Post for sure....EVER

Good by all

3 month real trial gone real well, much the same as paper trade and sb trade account before that.

+ 50 % on my weedhopper traders account

No drawdown in open pl to speak off and no drawdown on main account

.75 % per trading day I think or there abouts

Sticking to weeeeeeeeee time frames and increase size

Off to see if I can make myself a bit more than at the supermarket over the next year or two :)

All the best :clover:

Andy

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 584
Two of the Best imho

Trend lines, to me, are drawn arbitrarily. I just use them as a sort of "comfort line". If I am on the right side of it I feel fine and have no worries. The rule that they must be drawn across the tops or bottom is, more or less, telling the market what to do. How can you expect that of a price? When the price cuts the trend I look to see if a pattern is forming. If the pattern is continuous, I revert to a trend line, again, almost certainly, the momentum will have changed but if I keep to the right of it in a bear and to the left of it in a bull then I am OK- Whenever it crosses, it is a warning to pay attention to the trade, nothing more.

There is nothing to be learned from trend lines, IMO anyway, except to help keep the ship on course. Go inside it and you are entering into shallow water.

Watch the trend line but remember that deep sea men don't like shallow water. Neither do coastal men like deep water.

BY

Split

And For Split ....................

A simple experiment might help me make my point. Next time anyone gets the ‘urge’ to take a position in the market just stop for a moment. Bring up a chart or two of the relevant instrument. Now place yourself in two scenarios and answer the following two questions;
1 ) Imagine that you have recently gone long in this instrument – where would you place your stop?
And...
2 ) Imagine that you have recently gone short in this instrument – where would you place your stop?
Once you have identified the two stop areas you have identified an area where taking a trade is of much lower risk. It is of lower risk because you have found an area where temporary price deflection is likely to occur. In those areas the 95% are flushed out of their positions purely due to price – this is where you can step in. Obviously, if you have supporting volume as well then you are more than likely onto a good thing.

Right – I need some sleep!

Steve.

Andy