Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you have 4 of them on simultaneously - i.e. were you risking 4% cumulatively at any time?

1% risk on each (in theory, Demo, will try live mid July). At one point 3 where running so only 3% exposed which is nothing really.

There where a few other Forex trades around 3.30pm but I had to nip out so didn't get entry. They are still live and better entries could have been grabbed but they are all stuck in a range along with EU so doudt they will hit s/l or TP tonight, unless EU suddenly pushes up or dives in the next few hours until 10pm.

M

Morning

I now use UWC with the auto pivot what broker are u guys using for your oil and indexes ?

morning all, hope everyone had a nice weekend everything looking a bit bearish again so would nt mind getting short something on a pullback, eurusd a good example at the moment but no setup for me

as for broker Rob you can use any such as fxcm smartlive because you are entering pivots manually here the reason i like UWC is because the auto pivot just seems to work with there timings, i do not trade with them as there spreads are terrible

lets hope we get a nice setup soon

trade alert: looking to short eurjpy order pending

eurjpy.gif

second pin on eurjpy happy to short that looking for entry now if we break low of pin

Hi Patrick,

I have been doing some researching regarding Pivot times and it seems the two main times for calculating them is either 17.00 EST (10.00 GMT) or 0.00 EST (5.00 GMT).

My preferred platform of FXCM uses 0.00 EST which seems to agree with livecharts, except for the 'closing price' in calculating the pivots this morning.

So in livecharts, the EURUSD 'closing' price calculation is 1.43097.....do you know what this price represents in time......what time does livecharts use for closing price for the pivot on a Monday morning ?

Thanks

Hi Patrick,

I have been doing some researching regarding Pivot times and it seems the two main times for calculating them is either 17.00 EST (10.00 GMT) or 0.00 EST (5.00 GMT).

My preferred platform of FXCM uses 0.00 EST which seems to agree with livecharts, except for the 'closing price' in calculating the pivots this morning.

So in livecharts, the EURUSD 'closing' price calculation is 1.43097.....do you know what this price represents in time......what time does livecharts use for closing price for the pivot on a Monday morning ?

Thanks

the real answer is between 9 to 10 pm uk time, you would not expect much movement in this hour so you will get a good estimate of close price, i normally just go with the price at on livecharts

my uwc runs 2 hours ahead of bst at the moment (current uk time) so it takes 10pm as the close time for forex and i find this is always pretty close to livecharts

Luckily I noticed that the pivots on my uwc charts are still showing Friday's levels - I've had to check livecharts for correct ones. Has anyone else had this? I've loaded it onto different computers, signals coming through OK, but no correct pivots.

Luckily I noticed that the pivots on my uwc charts are still showing Friday's levels - I've had to check livecharts for correct ones. Has anyone else had this? I've loaded it onto different computers, signals coming through OK, but no correct pivots.

mine are fine all matching livecharts not sure why yours is off, is it running 2 hours ahead of BST?

going to have a break for a couples of hours eyes getting tired, been a slow morning

mornings summary : trades 1

-20 full points

Ahhhhhh what a time to take a break looks like it all kicked off

anyone take any trades?

lunch time trades

brent.gif

wti.gif

ftse.gif

gbpusd.gif

just wondering what trades you took splitlink?