Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got in & see this setup - but is it too late in the day for cac??

Attachments

• cac40.gif
    cac40.gif
    24.6 KB · Views: 146
Gelly I dont trade CAC, but good luck with it!
Just cancelled my short order on silver it wasnt going anywhere after 2 pins.
Finished for the day, I dont take trades after 4:30.
+23 pips.

Well done geewcee, I think you're right & anyway I should have stuck to my mornings only - cac just lost me 15 of my 34 pipsmade today. Back tomorrow.

good job guys...i've been out of it lately..too busy with learning how to code and some other stuff...havent traded lately...but will start monitoring it to keep my forward test results going again

good luck

good job guys...i've been out of it lately..too busy with learning how to code and some other stuff...havent traded lately...but will start monitoring it to keep my forward test results going again

good luck

Good to see you back DDI. Now we just need Mata Nui back. You two rock the code. JM:)

Morning from Sydney, the end of the world, cheers to all for the posting looks like most people had a good day and thanks for posting keeps things fresh and interesting for everyone, people must be sick of me by now :), i should be able to get some trades finally off today live

Markets just waking up, the asian sessions can be dull but there seems to be a bit of volume around

i dont trade it but an interesting chart on the cad, looks like its heading south i will keep an eye, it can be a bit choppy like the usdchf so i will reserve my opinion on it till watch it over time

chart
usdcad.gif

Trade alert Gold, long pin.

its not touching my pivot levels, but the reason for this is because i am finding oilngold are a dollar above my levels on smartlive for some reason so i am going with my own high low on the smartlive platform, not perfect so i am been extra cautions with gold

have you check your high and low levels from your charts and oilngold geewcee?

Yes I tend to use "oil n gold" for just my silver and gold prices. Didnt realise they were now out! I will check into it thanks.

here is my gold chart
gold.gif

just not sure why its out by a dollar everytime on samrtlive and gold, i just feel i have to go with the smartlive levels as if there price is off by a dollar then the levels should be correct on the chart, if that makes sense

anyway trade looks to be going well for you lads good luck(y)

Just as a side note, the data on 'livecharts' doesnt always match my price feeds data but I still use them anyway for your system. Is this not the correct way to do it? Should I just use my brokers data?

Just as a side note, the data on 'livecharts' doesnt always match my price feeds data but I still use them anyway for your system. Is this not the correct way to do it? Should I just use my brokers data?

not sure what price feed you use but the important thing is that the pivots are in the correct place to your price, so for example if your broker is always off by 10 points then you really need to adjust your pivot to match this,

mine are fine and match pretty well with livecharts levels and when they dont then i figure out the levels myself, livecharts is a guide and in an ideal world we would all have the exact same feed with the exact same levels but this is not always the case

just make sure you double check your levels

Last edited:
Hallo Pocrel, I feel this is a doji, but tempted. What do you say please?

Attachments

• ftse.gif
    ftse.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 132
Hallo Pocrel, I feel this is a doji, but tempted. What do you say please?

that would not tempt me in gelly, yes to much of a doji no clear idea where the market is heading, now dont be bold and take that bar :D

If you don't mind another question, I also saw that canada pinbar early this am, & as you say it's jumpy. However my question is do you think pin bar trades could be taken on forex before 8.30? I am used to taking forex trades from about 6.30 onwards sometimes, but am sticking to your times for pinbars as suggested. Thanks (are you still in Aussie?)